Age Old organics in coco....

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Hey guys, sorry I haven't replied lately.. I have been crazy busy with my new job at a local hydro shop. The discounts are RAD! lol...

The ladies have been cut and dried/smoked. The end result with the AO verse Canna girls is the AO yielded "slightly" less with not quite as dense nugs. Mosy noticeably in the lower nugs. The taste and smell were a bit different, though. The canna nugs def had more of a kushy/sweeter smell/taste. The AO nugs are more of a kushy/raw dank smell to them, most def not as much sweetness as the canna. Potency is the same all around.

Well got little feedback from anyone lol, so I just went ahead and starting vegging the next round with Age Old. Gonna shoot for a full flower run with Age Old- bloom, kelp, calplex, hp2, and aminos. Probably use a bene tea a couple weeks in.

So far in veg though things looks great. Feeding Grow at 20ml/g, kelp at 5ml/g and calplex as usual. Things are really rockin.

Dude I think you should throw in some HP, as well.. To get that extra swell on. I am going to do that this round to see what happens. Lets start the AO coco craze!! lol...

true grit

true grit

Hey True Grit
Thanks for the update .. looking forward to knowing how this works out for you. Looking at your photos in other threads, it's obvious you have quite a good handle on using synthetic nutes in coco.. Do you mind sharing how you normally feed, and what additives you throw in with AN sensi in coco ? Do you use/find benefit using myco products or teas in coco or other organic additives in combination with synthetic nutes? are you running drain-to-waste? I have been growing a few rounds with canna coco and coco nutes / calmag and RO, and have not had an easy time dialing things in when running multiple strains. Your info about calplex has me interested to give it a shot. thanks for all you share, you're a helpful resource of good info! cheers
Max

Hey brother man, don't wanna get to far off the AO topic here but Sensi is cake at around 10-12ml/g, hand watered dtw, with calplex, bud candy, and hammerhead, and drip clean. I'm liking not having to use drip clean with the AO though. hehe.

So far haven't done any teas, etc in the coco. Ive just been using an l-amino additive with some bionutrients so far. This run after transplant all will get biopack/oregonism myco/bac tea. I'll do this from here on out with the organics and yes I'm sure it definitely would have added to chem regimen if i had done it. good luck bro.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't replied lately.. I have been crazy busy with my new job at a local hydro shop. The discounts are RAD! lol...

The ladies have been cut and dried/smoked. The end result with the AO verse Canna girls is the AO yielded "slightly" less with not quite as dense nugs. Mosy noticeably in the lower nugs. The taste and smell were a bit different, though. The canna nugs def had more of a kushy/sweeter smell/taste. The AO nugs are more of a kushy/raw dank smell to them, most def not as much sweetness as the canna. Potency is the same all around.

Dude I think you should throw in some HP, as well.. To get that extra swell on. I am going to do that this round to see what happens. Lets start the AO coco craze!! lol...

What did ya run- bloom, kelp and floralicous? Yeah I definitely will run probably both HP2 and HPK on this flower run. Previously using AO, I always pump the HPK late for chunk. This round I'll use HP2 mid late to one good HPK hit.

IMHO, I think canna just makes peoples buds have a sweeter taste. Certain strains you can really telll they are just uber sweet, not my cup of tea. To me its a more chem/syn taste that some produce. The sensi ab does it on some strains too, which is why I'm back to pushing AO- so the raw dank smell is most def whats up!! lol. My last organic soil run with White MK came out jsut super kushy and dank, i have to really nail it just right to get that same kushy taste in the sensi without hella cure time added.

Really thinking this run will kill it. What kinda of rates were you feeding at in bloom? And yeah bro, lets get the AO coco blast goin!

CKokoGameChanger13

CKokoGameChanger13

I have 3 plants in 30 gallon pots & the medium is about 85% Canna Coco , 5% Vermiculite/Dolomite/Perlite & then 10% of Feathermeal 12-0-0 is mixed in & throughout the 30 gallons of Coco which has been nice in adding to my daily feedings of hydro nutes which I use from the Cutting Edge Solutions nutrient line but TOMORROW morning I plan on using my Silica I always use, plus my Cal-Mag I always use & then I'm gonna give them a 3/4 feeding of my Age Old Grow & I'm going to ALSO feed at 1/2 strength w/my "Verde" 16-1-2 from Humboldt Nutrients to see if I notice ANY kind of better growth than I've been getting because for some reason my plants are NOT nearly as big as my usual plants which I also grow in Coco & use these SAME nutes & usually by June 7th or so my plants are WELL past 5 ft tall with great uniformity & VERY bushy but this year my plants are short & ya they're bushy but only cuz I've been training them since they were babies & I've topped & F.I.M.'d them ALL on EVERY level so they'll have ALOT of bud sites but unfortunately the stalks are short & skinny which is UNHEARD of for me, my plants ALWAYS have stalks that my friends & ANYONE who sees my plants freak out about even only 3 weeks after they crack seed, people ALWAYS come see my plants which I start putting outside & acclimating to the outdoor sun on 4/20 so I germinate my seeds on March 1st-March 10th & I grow my seedlings under my T5's & I give them 22 hrs of light a day & 2 hrs of lights off & I feed DAILY w/Silica (1-0-1)Cal-Mag 2-0-0, 2 parts Micro 6-0-0,3 parts Grow 4-1-6,& then 1 part Bloom 0-5-6 which has my seedlings a good 15" tall & is either just getting ready to be topped as it's grown in it's 3rd node or I've even had some plants that have even been mainlined & topped twice already so those ones are usually already transplanted from it's original cup & into a 1 gallon pot so I'm used to seeing stalks that are thicker on plants at that stage then what my plants have now as stalks & they're 2+ ft tall, pretty bushy & growing in 30 gallon pots so they SHOULD have gigantic stalks but I'm going to try this Age Old Grow at 3/4 strength plus my Verde at 1/2 strength & see what they look like tomorrow, if they're still alive & in good shape I'll feed at full strength on Age Old & 3/4 strength on Verde day 2 & if still good then full strength on each everyday til I can tell whether jgs

Top Bottom