Ahhh!!! Crap!! Its rained on my Buds!

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I shook the water out of them and may go do it again...

what else can I do?

Seamaiden told me about a couple things...Thanks Seamaiden :)

But The more advice I can get the better...and I may not do any of it...lol

Would you or have any of you ever used Serenade?

Its not expensive...(important for me)

I wonder whats in it?

101023.jpg

http://www.hydroponics.net/i/101023

It says its Organic and safe to spray on food

Would you spray it on Buds to prevent Mold?

Am I worrying too much? :worried

Spose to be sunny tomorrow thank God.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
dont try anything to do a preemptive strike on your buds man

keep shaking them to make sure they are dry - they will prolly be fine

I used a cheap electric blower at the end of last year

I would harvest early as opposed to spraying them with something thats gonna make then smell/taste nasty if I was that worried about it

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If they're Sativa dominant he does not want to harvest early. Btw, that's probably what you should be growing if you're anywhere near where I think you are, Ken. You're subject to "June Gloom" and "May Gray", am I wrong? If so, that means high humidity until July or August. I know, I lived in SoCal for over 30 years.

Shake them gently, as the wind shakes the barley. Use the blower, be SURE to give them support and be ready to break buds open to check for bud rot. Otherwise, since I haven't used Serenade it's not something I can speak to. BUT! You can also try giving them a little Aspirin Water Helps Plants to help boost immune system response. I've never done this because I won't try to flower out this early in the year, I'm too far north to pull that off well now, but I do like to give them occasional immune system boosts and aspirin helps.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Motherlode

Yeah, I really don't wanna spray anything on em...

there is a breeze blowing right now so hopefully that will help.

I probably worry too much...

Man,
I can't believe how important these plants have become to me...lol

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks again (again) Seamaiden :)

Im am in the Central Ca. foothills of the Sierras east of Fresno

So no june gloom really...Spose to be warm and sunny

I lived in Orange County Ca. for 40 years...lol...We have been neighbors for a long time :)

Peace and Puffs Friend :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Wayne...thats what i figured

Now Im gonna go out and shake them and talk to them and tell them that everything is gonna be ok....heh. :)

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I'm thinking ur gunna b good cuz we got crazy wind blowing the wind should help dry out ur nuggs.. That sure was a grip of rain lastnite.. If ur gettin pm green cure is way better serenade stinks super bad..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
If they're Sativa dominant he does not want to harvest early. Btw, that's probably what you should be growing if you're anywhere near where I think you are, Ken.

Nope Sea friend these are Pure Indica...

149439d1306465406t-outdoor-light-dep-plants-getting-close-purpkush_at_6weeks2.jpg.att

I gonna go snap yet another pic and show em here in a few mins...lol

I love to show them!!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
The sun is trying to come out!!

and there is a nice gentle breeze :)

Here are my Kush Girls drying out now..

and My Garden :)

Girls
Girls2
Garden
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement!

I love this Fourm and you folks!

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
sun, sun come out whereever u are!!

confu...

M

MIway

Why would you spray more water on the plants outside? Esp if you don't have any visible mold growth.

Peroxide isn't really a preventative... likely just make things worse. And not like the next gust of wind isn't going to bring the next batch of fresh spores, so you'd have to constantly spray with peroxide by this logic.

Just seems an odd idea for a bit of rain... the GC will at least have some residual for a preventative bro.

Blaze

Blaze

Why would you spray more water on the plants outside? Esp if you don't have any visible mold growth.

If you have visible mold growth then it is already too late, the plant has been infected and it will be extremely difficult to rid the plant of it's infection. Preventative spraying is a good idea if you know you are likely to have mold issues.

Also when dealing with this sort of think it is best to do a LIGHT spraying. You do not want to be forcing water down into the buds. It also does little good if you only do it once - you need to keep on a regular schedule with it until harvest.

I know Sea mentioned this on the other thread but OxiDate works very well for mold most of the time. Leaves behind no smell or taste what-so-ever and is safe to use right up until the day of harvest.

Do not be afraid to peer into the core of the bud either, that is where it almost always starts. Keep an eye out for yellowing leaves or slight discoloration too - that is a dead give away. Also helps to inspect twice a day, once in the morning light and once in the evening light.

waayne

waayne

Peroxide isn't really a preventative... likely just make things worse. And not like the next gust of wind isn't going to bring the next batch of fresh spores, so you'd have to constantly spray with peroxide by this logic.

Just seems an odd idea for a bit of rain... the GC will at least have some residual for a preventative bro.

It's not a preventative this is for washing off spores.......
nothing else.....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
green cure instead of serenade. No taste or smell.

+1^^^ :pimp:
H202 diluted 1 part to 11 parts of Distilled H20 also works
pretty well late in flower......
-1. I can taste Greencure if it's used as a last Tx. Can't taste (or smell) H2O2/OxiDate are the way to go in my opinion.
If you have visible mold growth then it is already too late, the plant has been infected and it will be extremely difficult to rid the plant of it's infection. Preventative spraying is a good idea if you know you are likely to have mold issues.

Also when dealing with this sort of think it is best to do a LIGHT spraying. You do not want to be forcing water down into the buds. It also does little good if you only do it once - you need to keep on a regular schedule with it until harvest.

I know Sea mentioned this on the other thread but OxiDate works very well for mold most of the time. Leaves behind no smell or taste what-so-ever and is safe to use right up until the day of harvest.

Do not be afraid to peer into the core of the bud either, that is where it almost always starts. Keep an eye out for yellowing leaves or slight discoloration too - that is a dead give away. Also helps to inspect twice a day, once in the morning light and once in the evening light.
This guy has taught me a good bit about how good buds go bad and what you can do to prevent them.

Top Bottom