Air Conditioner off one day, temp 113.

• Thread starter keed1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

keed1

my A/C broke yesterday and as a result, my room got up to 113f. The plants are in week 2 budding. They are not burnt, but some are wilted. Do you think the shock is too much for them to overcome or should i ride this out. i got a new A/C so temps are back to normal again.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Whoa! thats high. You should be alright as long as ya got your a/c fixed. My a/c just went out few weeks ago, the first day of 100 round here heat index was 106 stayed over 85 inside all night, but they managed for three days before it got fixed. You should be fine, bro.

R

Radio_Dread

i would just ride it out yo. if it was only one day u should be cool. if it happens again or over a longer period of tiime you might be in trouble. but just ride it out homie. what is the strain?

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

they will pull threw.. i have seen worst pull threw.. weeds are some tuff ass bitches..

K

keed1

strains are grape ape and OG kush. the apes look worse off then the OG. i bought some dutch master reverse in case they survive so i can spray them down. and 113 seemed low to me considering i have a sealed room and 8k watts. im just glad the damage wasnt worse.

sky high

sky high

If it was my grow I'd mist them lightly a few times to increase humidity in the space/on the leaf and skip the light cycle for tonight to give them time to recover some moisture/ease some of the stress.

good luck

s h

K

keed1

thanks for the replys, gonna give them a week and reevaluate the damage. just sucks the room was looking so fucking nice and i was gonna install a sensor to shut off the lights if something like this happen but figured it wasn't necessary.

cooper1

cooper1

i got a 1000 watt runing with a yeild master hood but i run it at night i never hit 81 i dont even have a ac and im on the thrid floor run the light at night you get the cool summer air trust

K

keed1

8 1000w lights, sealed room, co2 burner. Pretty sure that gets hotter than 1 1000w. ^^

A

antimatter

If you worried about this happening again theres a couple options, set up a well sealed intake and exhaust system with carbon filters and have them set on thermostats to come on when the room reaches say 95 or you can just get a new sub panel built with a built in thermostat to cut the lights when the room reaches a certain temperatures or I believe you can wire in the thermostat right onto the ballast power cord or add an armored cable extension cord with a thermostat wired in (might wanna check with a sparky on that one).

O

orphan

As long as your resevoir or medium didn't get that hot, main thing is roots didn't get damaged. Peace

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

thanks for the replys, gonna give them a week and reevaluate the damage. just sucks the room was looking so fucking nice and i was gonna install a sensor to shut off the lights if something like this happen but figured it wasn't necessary.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE learn from this... I just thouroughly fucked myself because I felt the same way...

I've got an almost identical setup - 8kw, sealed, burner, etc...

Last night there was a power outtage (whole neighborhood)...

Power comes back on a few hours later, lights fire back up... But the A/C doesn't turn back on... It was getting power, but didn't start back up... While I'm sleeping...

I woke up to a disaster... The ladies are done... I was gonna flip em this week, too... :puke

I'm soooo F*#@ing pissed at myself...

I just got this Temperature Guard:

And it was still sitting in the box...

DO NOT PROCRASTINATE...

I'm also gonna replace my light controller with a unit that has a built in high temp shut off...

I'm glad to hear your ladies may pull through though...

Keep us updated...

Peace,
MMJ

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Very sorry to read this, Marley Jim.

Another tip is to use a silica supplement such as Silicablast, which I'm going to be picking up ASAP (whichever supplement has zero P+, otherwise it'll throw my coco nutes outta whack). Now that my previously-too-cold room is now too warm, it's probably going to become an absolute must.

A

antimatter

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE learn from this... I just thouroughly fucked myself because I felt the same way...

I've got an almost identical setup - 8kw, sealed, burner, etc...

Last night there was a power outtage (whole neighborhood)...

Power comes back on a few hours later, lights fire back up... But the A/C doesn't turn back on... It was getting power, but didn't start back up... While I'm sleeping...

I woke up to a disaster... The ladies are done... I was gonna flip em this week, too... :puke

I'm soooo F*#@ing pissed at myself...

I just got this Temperature Guard:

And it was still sitting in the box...

DO NOT PROCRASTINATE...

I'm also gonna replace my light controller with a unit that has a built in high temp shut off...

I'm glad to hear your ladies may pull through though...

Keep us updated...

Peace,
MMJ

Dam... sorry to hear that. Socal eh? 8 lights a burner and soil that must of been hot as hell. :whew Was the soil in a drying out stage?

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I think the problem isn`t the temps but the sudden change in temps.I never use the air while plants are in veg and as long as they get watered well enough I`ve never had a problem with temputures in the lower 100`s. Now in flower I do cool the room down starting slowly because budded plants need fall like weather to produce nice big ,hard nugs of frosty goodness. My set up has a controler with venting for when the temps get out of hand.I just set it at 95 when in 12/12 just incase.i use vented hoods and CO2 so I end up with temps in the upper 70`s while in flower.The humidity is the killer of plants more than temps though! I got to keep humidity at 30-36 % in order to get rock hard nugs.What was the humidity at when your grow room was at 113 degrees? To high and plants can`t transpire to low they dry out and stop growing buds.Ether way can kill your plants fast! Also roots can cook with to much heat as stated above. Plants do ok at those temps out side if they have plenty of water because the roots are cool in the ground,not so inside.

F

farmerjohn

:confused0059::confused0054:Wow, 113 degrees is baking! I was running in the upper 80's for a few days in the veg area, (nites when the lites are on) & had several plants showing signs of heat stress with upcurled leaves. Since I was only running my in/out exhaust a few hours during lites on, I simply set the timer to run the entire time during lites on & solved the problem. 79 degrees & 55% humidity is perfect for me, so no complaints from the plants now. No A/C in this area, but it is hidden in a place below ground level that tends to stay cool even on these hot Summer days, which is a big help.
:party0042:

C

CanadianClassic

You should be fine,some pot strains originally grew and thrived in climates averaging around 100 degrees(mainly more tropical strains)1 day of that much heat might put them in a bit of shock for a few days but im sure they will bounce back,ive seen plants wilted so badly you would never think they would live and hours after water,BOOM,right back to normal.

Goodluck with the ladies!!!

K

keed1

they bounced back fine. 3 days after it happened they looked fine. thanks for the input. i will try and get a pic.

Top Bottom