air conditioning sizing for two sealed tents on flip box.

• Thread starter crossouttheiis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crossouttheiis

Due to power restraints im looking into different routes to make the most of my space. If i had two grow lab 290 (9'6,9'6,6'7) in a row, would a three ton air conditioner ducted through the two tents be enough to cover 8000 watts on a flip box?

F

f1ydave

You need to have enough cooling to cool 3510 BTU's per 1000w x 8 = 28k BTU's, 14k BTU's per tent I am assuming.

A mini split that is capable of cooling 14k btu is needed at a minimum. Unless you want them running all the time you will want more cooling power which you won't get out of a portable a/c. The price will hardly change.

Mini split are 40% more efficient than central cooling and you can get them in dual zones. just google mini split dual zone and find one with 18k btu each zone, which will be close to a 3 ton mini split.

you will also be able to humidify and control each zone separately.

if you are flipping, then perhaps you will only need half as much as i wrote. personally I would want double the cooling power, but thats just me.

Globel

Globel

i am putting a 24,000 btu unit inside a 10x10 with 4k. In a hot gerage. we see what happes

B

Bobby Smith

I know it's not the question you asked, but those tents aren't really sealed at all - if you're going to go through the trouble to install a large AC in there, I'd highly recommend just framing out two rooms and drywalling them - probably cost you less than the tents and would work tons better.

You're also gonna need to insulate the room to make the AC effective at all (those tents aren't insulated at all).

But yeah, you'd have to play around with the ducting, etc., but a 36KBTU AC should be plenty for 8K watts.

C

crossouttheiis

Well i have done this before. Just hook up a ten inch fan outside the back of your room if you are using a window unit and duct it to exhaust in the attic. Works great everytime
i am putting a 24,000 btu unit inside a 10x10 with 4k. In a hot gerage. we see what happes

C

crossouttheiis

You need to have enough cooling to cool 3510 BTU's per 1000w x 8 = 28k BTU's, 14k BTU's per tent I am assuming.

A mini split that is capable of cooling 14k btu is needed at a minimum. Unless you want them running all the time you will want more cooling power which you won't get out of a portable a/c. The price will hardly change.

Mini split are 40% more efficient than central cooling and you can get them in dual zones. just google mini split dual zone and find one with 18k btu each zone, which will be close to a 3 ton mini split.

you will also be able to humidify and control each zone separately.

if you are flipping, then perhaps you will only need half as much as i wrote. personally I would want double the cooling power, but thats just me.

I already have a ductless mini split freidrich mf30. Right now its working decent in a 15 x15x 12 room. I would have to figure out how to duct it to both tents. Or i was thinking have eight inch ducting going through the two tents with some holes or something to release it. Would 32 btu work though. I guess it would just have to figure out how to duct it.

F

f1ydave

well maybe you can install a small exhaust fan from the tents on the top? the neg pressure would will suck in cold air from other parts of the tents. if worse comes to worse, you could tape up some cardboard to a Y duct that way.

some pics would greatly help

C

ClimateControl

Mini Split In Your Grow Room

If you in the market for a Mini Split For Your Grow room, let me know!

Invincible Electronics :passingjoint:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
^^^ is this guy a paid advertiser here - getting tired of seeing his spam in peoples threads everywhere

C

ClimateControl

^^ My Bad

I didnt know you were all over my ass wherever I go. Your tired of seeing it? What do you do, follow me around? :banana1sv6:

S

sands

Lung room

Have you thought of running a seperate lung room for climate control. I am thinking of doing or actualy am in the process of doing this with 24000 watts on a flip flop. with enough negitive presure and a big enough ac that should work for you also.

Top Bottom