Air Cooled Reflectors

• Thread starter MrBlue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrBlue

MrBlue

I bought a 660w ballast last week and tomorrow im buying an air cooled reflector. Haven't got the money at the minute to buy a air extractor along with but my plants need more light as there going into flower. Will it fuck up my lamp if I turn it on without the extractor rigged to it? I have a pedestal fan here at the minute though, would that be enough to cool the reflector until I buy an extractor fan

Grow4me

Grow4me

I bought a 660w ballast last week and tomorrow im buying an air cooled reflector. Haven't got the money at the minute to buy a air extractor along with but my plants need more light as there going into flower. Will it fuck up my lamp if I turn it on without the extractor rigged to it? I have a pedestal fan here at the minute though, would that be enough to cool the reflector until I buy an extractor fan
I had my light connected for 2 weeks without it being connected to the exhaust and it didn't seem to hurt anything. It got hot, by if I watch the cat I can keep the door open, he eats my leaves.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I had my light connected for 2 weeks without it being connected to the exhaust and it didn't seem to hurt anything. It got hot, by if I watch the cat I can keep the door open, he eats my leaves.
I would take the glass lens off and make sure I had really good air circulation

Grow4me

Grow4me

I would take the glass lens off and make sure I had really good air circulation
I left the glass on, it's hot in there! If you can control the temp it should be fine.
20160513 181947

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
peeps been growing with open hood lights for decades. You should be ok if you can control temps until your get your exhaust setup. Just keep a close eye out. Keep in mind that with HID lighting which I assume you have by pics that there is a wave band called of spectrum called IR infra red and even tho your room temps may say 75 deg due to IR your leaf temps will run 5-10 deg higher due to the IR factor......... Food for thought. Good luck with your run. Hope you get some cooling going soon. Your gurlz will love you for it.......... Unless you treat your gurlz like me. " Ride em hard and put em up wet .... LOL

MrBlue

MrBlue

I left the glass on, it's hot in there! If you can control the temp it should be fine. View attachment 599690
Like your set up man. Im doing 3 plants in a 1.2m tent. Just getting my equipment put together bit by bit so trying to improvise until I have everything I need. Another porblem I'll be faced with is when all that hot air is pumped out of my tent, its going to heat the room that the grow tent is in. Maybe need to put an air conditioner in there or something?

Grow4me

Grow4me

Like your set up man. Im doing 3 plants in a 1.2m tent. Just getting my equipment put together bit by bit so trying to improvise until I have everything I need. Another porblem I'll be faced with is when all that hot air is pumped out of my tent, its going to heat the room that the grow tent is in. Maybe need to put an air conditioner in there or something?
I have mine vented to the outside, I also have an a/c vent in my closet. I grow in my walk in closet. I grow autos so I only need one space and leave lights on 18/6. I have seedlings on the shelf under a t5 and hps 600 for the flowering ladies. I had to get my materials as I went, I think we all do. It take time to get it all. Happy growing and good luck.

Top Bottom