Air Pots for Cannabis plants(new craze)

• Thread starter jah_hoover
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jah_hoover

jah_hoover

Hi guys, i have been looking around the net for new ways to increase my yield and have big healthy plants. Recently i discovered from a good friend that these new types of air pots can give me high yields and healthy lush green plants with ultimate rooting system.

This is what i found out from my research for all you seriouse growers/Breeders....................................

How the Air-Pot works

Air-Pots have unusual cuspated walls, sort of an egg box configuration, made up of closed inward pointing cones and open ended outward pointing cones. There are no flat surfaces on the inside of the container to deflect roots and start the spiralling process.

The inward pointing cones direct the roots further outward to the open ended cones where, because the air density in the soil is too great, the roots dehydrate and are effectively pruned.

The plant responds to this "air-pruning" by sending out more roots to compensate for the loss which leads to a dense root system with a vast number of active white tipped roots.

The porosity of the Air-Pot also creates better conditions for bacterial activity and thus increases the amount of nutrients available to the plant. With so much root right back to the stem, the root system is very efficient in its use of all the available water and nutrient.

Plant vigour and health is therefore guaranteed.

[YOUTUBE]-NUjNBKex0I[/YOUTUBE]

M

moodster

yes man i am rocking with the airpots better growth and more structure to the buds

B

biggun4me

I am currently using Smart pots and they absolutely air prune and are also durable and reusable... They are also $5.00 for the 5 gallon size....Peace

G

ganjherbsmoke

Smart pots ain't bad never run the air pots but from what I've seen they take the cake
Let's get a side by side going!

G

ganjherbsmoke

How do you clean like 40 smart pots good? I was thinkin the same thing but was worried all the left over dirt would fuck the machine up

B

Beasters X Haze

I got one of those about a year ago as a sample from the tradeshow in vegas, i used it in some repotting at the same time as about 30 others, same strain. they all went into one gallon pots, the air pot was also a one gallon. I'm not sure if it was a fluke or not but that was the single worst plant out of all of them, weird looking leaves and slow growth.. I had high hopes of those pots.

D

d420

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow.. thanks for letting us know Beast.

M

moodster

i get rapid growth with my airpots mine are 6 litre ones and i wud buy them again 4 sure

B

Bioponic

Been seeing these for years at Nursery shows. I've been wondering when they would drip into the cannabis market.

Anyone have any pics from using them?

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I like the smart pots, except for that they're not rigid. I feel I'm damaging roots every time I even turn them. May grab some air pots and do a side by side test... I can't remember who posted pics of their homemade smart pots tucked in milk crates. Brilliant, in my humble opinion.

O

organic herbalist

jah air pots are the way forward bro. just make sure you pack down the soil/coco other wise water runs out the holes real easily.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I bought these a few years back from the Caladonian Tree Company. Had to buy like 100 of the fuckers.

They were OK. I would never use them again. My biggest issue was the coco I purchased, I think Plagron, had thrips in it. And the pots acted as giant bug hives. IT WAS HORRID. Nothing I could do to fix the issue.

I also found, along with a few others who have used them that they produce slightly airy buds and some differing growth to usual.

I personally think Smart pots have to be better as the bug factor is much less.

Currently use them in my back garden for chillis and peppers. Your welcome to as many as I can get together. Save you some dollar.

But from my experience and others I know. The Airpots are a once only event.

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

I bought these a few years back from the Caladonian Tree Company. Had to buy like 100 of the fuckers.

They were OK. I would never use them again. My biggest issue was the coco I purchased, I think Plagron, had thrips in it. And the pots acted as giant bug hives. IT WAS HORRID. Nothing I could do to fix the issue.

I also found, along with a few others who have used them that they produce slightly airy buds and some differing growth to usual.

I personally think Smart pots have to be better as the bug factor is much less.

Currently use them in my back garden for chillis and peppers. Your welcome to as many as I can get together. Save you some dollar.

But from my experience and others I know. The Airpots are a once only event.

Hey Herby:) Cheesey recomended these pots so i thought id give it a go to see what results i can get with the air pots, i am also going to try out the smart pots coz they sound good. I got plenty of growroom to play around with so lets test these pots out and ill keep you guys informed on results and if they are worth using for cannabis grows.

Here i have just transplanted Exodus,SD,KcJones,Sssdh mother into 4 air pots. I have also put one sourd into a airpot into flowering, so lets see what happens???

Airpots 001
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I have gotten some of THE largest yields ever using air pots.. I am sold to the core.

D

DrGreenGenes

I like the smart pots, except for that they're not rigid. I feel I'm damaging roots every time I even turn them. May grab some air pots and do a side by side test... I can't remember who posted pics of their homemade smart pots tucked in milk crates. Brilliant, in my humble opinion.

that IS brilliant....wtf....man< I shouldve thought of that years ago on some smaller grows...

I'm thinking the air pots are gona have trial run in our warehouse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom