Airstone tolerant nutrients...what are they?

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Damn good info. From all.
This thread require's a reread. LMOA

stickyicky

stickyicky

I always assumed gh 3 part was ok - I ran airstones in in before I started using other additives (now I just have a pump extra pump turn on for 5 minutes before my watering pump comes on)

seems lots of folks use it in dwc - Im surprised they dont have a recommended nutrient to that system of sodom your running...

Sorry don't have an answer for the post.

Hey J,

What's up homie? Do you notice Cal/Mag issues when running two pumps. I've read that the pumps seperate the particles and they fall to the bottom of the rez.

I just started using Cal/Mag myself. I run R/O and was using epsom salt. After running for a week on my clones I do see a difference.

I filled my veg. rez as normal w/ the epsom. After 5 days I noticed they just are taking too long to recover. Picked up Botanicare's Cal/Mag Plus an added 1/2the rec. dose and they seem to be doing a lot better.

Just wondering if you have experienced the cal/mag "dropping off" over the course of rez change.
Let me know if this makes sense. It makes sense to me but, I just smoked some CRACK. Greencrack that is.

Later

R

Rolln J

nice with the greencrack crack - lol

I do see some stuff in the bottom of my res at the end, though I cant be sure what additive it is - never had this when i just ran the gh 3 part w/o any additives. I did have a bit of a cal/mag def later on my last run - but I dont use it much after they start flowering for real - so maybe it was the pump or maybe I just stopped it on the sour grapes too soon - in any case thats something to look out for...

G

GroHi

TK~ just a thought, but only had to use .5ml per gal to establish populations w/in the medium (talkin the RE here). Found the full dose to be pretty strong. Generally, have only been using .25ml/gal to inoculate my rooting solution for cuttings/seeds. Also, once they're established, they seem to be there till the very end... unless I dry the medium out. Don't know as an inoculant for the underwater current... maybe will need to use routinely, but doubt at the full rates.

th~ since I run a medium, fig the oxygen content of the solution isn't that big of a deal. However, always have run them to pump up the DO such that anaerobic bacteria doesn't grow in my tank. Problematic for the bene's that like the DO (RE for example)... but keeps the bad stuff out of the tank, ime.

Just some thoughts. Peace all.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I usually cut the Roots Ex at about week three of flower when pretty much all the new rootmass is done kickin into gear, shits expensive also..

I added it and it foamed a little and then the Drip Clean knocked it all down for the most part.

Tex

lollipopman

lollipopman

i run dutch masters gold and my buddy does 3 part gh they both work great never had any problems ...

M

mrdizzle

Beyond that said:
is GHF gen hydro florvanova?

I'm just about to drop plants in doubleds style buckets, i was plannin on using floranova, koolbloom, cal-mag some floralicous plus

the only time i ever heard about the no air stones thing was when i tried H&G

anyone who thinks floranova isnt a good idea holler at me

M

mrdizzle

I checked the wedpage and it says "floranova works superbly in hydro" Im thinking if it is suitable for hydro then it shouldnt be a problem

G

GroHi

Never used the Nova, will have to play w a bottle...

mr d~ was initially ref to the Flora Series (3part). Peace brother.

Tex~ how did the rez look the day after using the RE? Noticed a post that said they changed the formulation... maybe it runs cleaner now? Thanks!

M

mrdizzle

I'll try the nova line, i figure with how fast the nutes are flowing through the system little if anything is going to be settling on the bottom

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Man, i really wouldnt run floranova in that type system. Its crazy messy on anything it touches, will completely clog things up if its not perfectly mixed. if youve ever run liquid karma on a flood table or buckets its like that but more slimey, starts to smell after a bit. Your more than likely not going to need the cal/mag floranova covers its bases nicely. Drip clean or a product like that helps with the slime, but still. On the flip side, it does hold very stable in everything ive used it in, works wonderfully, but dosnt give you any flex room on your feeding regiment. Id go with something that dosnt contain, sea kelp or organics. If your looking for a one part nute supernatural is off the chain, and cheap.

Otto

M

mrdizzle

yea i know what you mean with the film, i used it with ebb n flow for about a yr. im thinking the hi flow of the system will prevent the gunk. time will tell im going to keep the ppm's low with a flush every wks or so

I read on the drip clean not to use airstones, wish you could i like that stuff

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
High flow and Floranova go hand n hand. Airstones (in an Ebb & Flo rez) dont cut it as it will still become unsuspended from the nutes. Running a pump to circulate (and a pretty hefty one) is usually what it takes. In the end though I cant knock Floranova as with any other nutes. Love the stuff and still run the hell out of it supp'd with Pure Blend Orig. for a flavor kick. All have worked badass minus Grow Big Soil from FF.

Now with the airstone friendly. FoxFarm Grow Big Hydro is badass. Tiger Bloom is badass. Would keep the big bloom or at least test it with all the bubbling. Plus they have the 3 part booster if ya feeling saucy. Dont think you have tried that stuff before have ya? One part, clean as a whistle, stable (bubbled the shit out of it) ,and pretty concentrated. Hell you might even have some laying around if ya look hard enough :character0025: <---- or says Juan the nute wrangler lol.

M

mrdizzle

floranova has been running super clean, no sludge at all, the sizes of the rez are pearly white., keeping the ppms around 800 and the growth wont stop.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
H&G is runnin like a dream, ph is dead nuts all the time..

Tex

C

Cygnus

I have used Ionic and Advanced with air stones forever. H&G once too. I will never use H&G again due to the fact it made my wonderful cherry AK taste like someone spilled a bottle of the cheapest cologne on it. Terrible flavor. Anyone else have that problem?

D

doctodD_hawaii

I use A.N. in my dwc and it works great. I do notice the ph can climb a tenth or two after a few days but thats not a big thing.

Top Bottom