Airstone tolerant nutrients...what are they?

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tortuga1503

tortuga1503

Ya just read thru this thread. I just started using H&G in my E&F. Plants look better than ever I`ve been bubbling the shit out it and my roots are brown and slimy but plants are huge & show no ill effects,but I think I will be crown feeding the roots excel next run any thoughts?

Billygoat

Billygoat

I just wanted to report my results. I just setup a new 2x4 tray Ebb&Flo. Using this tray to veg out my rooted cuts. Well, I've switched back to the PBP line. I've been aerating the rez and notice the PH raising every day. I'll start out at 5.7-5.8 and over night it will jump to 6.6-6.7.

This is from running one airstone 24/7. I'm not liking this one bit. I hate adding PH down every day. I know this can't be good for the clones. I'm going to place the air pump on a cycle timer and see if running it for a little bit before flood helps, but from what I'm seeing. I'm having issues aerating PBP 24/7
Take care,
BG

xrob415x

xrob415x

My buddies that use DWC or Under current like dutch masters gold. I talked to a H&G rep and he said the aqua flakes is designed for high oxygen levels and pumps.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Airstones can and do causes the pH to rise in the solution. Its just Dependant on the nute that you use and its buffering ability as to when you will need to re-pH your tank.

Well actually it isn't the airstone that is make the pH rise, its the increased DO (dissolved Oxygen) that causes this. Although with a normal airstone and compressor pump you will only be adding perhaps 1 - 2 mg/ L of O2 from the base at around 7 mg / L. Max you can achieve is about 14 mg / L but you need ceramic defusers to achieve this and they are very pricy and likely to block up quite quick.

Yeah H&G used to say not you bubble but then changed it. Saying it was a typo. It was to do with their Root Excel. Now, I see it this way. Their root excel is not as good as it was, so I think they have quietly changed the formula and made up the crap about the typo.

What does Doubled's use. He seams the master of all things DWC.

DD used H&G and AN with no problems. He quoted somewhere "nobody puts more O2 in their water than me" after soemone asked about H&G not being compatible with oxegenated water.

I am currently using jacks in my res and my plants are super happy. Its a lot cheaper and easier... Plus my water stays CRYSTAL clear, and roots are WHITE. CC was telling me that jacks may not a be a quality fert (said that nobody knew what the inert ingredients were), but I cant see it being of any less quality than anything else on the market. Gonna try yara liva next...

darkpink

darkpink

Aqua Flakes with drip clean and Cal Mag, never did me wrong. My first grow was with DWC till recently and now COCO Coir. Ive used Botanicare, Advanced and H&G all in DWC. Aqua flakes was my staple with RDWC, grows were always better.

B

Buddy Hemphill

Yo Tex...

I know this was raised from the dead but hopefully you will see it.

How did everything shake out? I read that you have recently been using Ionic. How did it perform in the UC with all the airstones? I am about to start my first UC run with Ionic.

TIA

singingcrow

singingcrow

Hi TK i just did my first hydro grow i ran two 14 inch air stones and they were just pumping out the air in fact all of the roots went right to the air stones and i was using Foxfarm hydro nutes let me know what you think
thanks Rockil

Hi Tex and everyone, I too an running my ebb and flow with only Foxfarm. Used both grow and bloom formulas. Love them! I run a pump in my rez with a double airstone and plants are healthy, thriving, happy. I think airstones and Foxfarm seem to go really well. Maybe the disolved particles are smaller? Dunno. This is a carefully controlled all organic grow due to patient need. Next run I'll use done other goodies I've been wanting to try.

I have yet to see a PH fluctuation of more than .2 my entire grow in my new ebb and flow rez. I also use occasonal H202 because of a algae problem that was quite annoying in veg. It's kinda unrelated to the airstone issue. But I'm very new to ebb and flow and just think an airstone is stellar with Foxfarm running. Hope that helps!

Lisa @ Singingcrow

Top Bottom