Aj's Sour Diesel

• Thread starter purekushkills
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mud Man

Mud Man

hell yeah! this thread is going into the depths! loving it

Soma's NYCD = Diesel Bagseed (probably orig, not sour) X (Afghani X Hawaiian)

this is case closed, it had to be bagseed orig Deez not Sour that Soma got from NYC.
i cared about this and i give thanks! :)
So the amazing taste of SomaDeez is just the amazing Genepool of the orig deez! i think the Hawaiian is the key??
some serious knowledge in these here pages!

please bring me my sour OG:star

C

CAPO

Nah...by the time Soma sourced his deisel, the name deisel was a whore not unlike Warren Haynes.lol...seriously though, his deisel could be a number of things. If your referring to the '91 Chemdog as the original Deisel that the Albany kids were calling it, I'd have to seriously disagree.

B

Bi0hazard

OhGee,

Great posts. The one about JJ-NYC saying NYC Diesel was actually Chem '91 x [Sensi NL x Super Skunk]. This is very interesting. Given that all my NYCD was bought from dealers over the years - I never knew if the smell and taste I associate with NYCD is the Soma [Afghani x Mexican Sativa] or the real deal NYC Diesel. A lot of people commenting here about how they grew Soma's NYC Diesel and think it tastes and smells better - inspired me to post how soma's NYCD wasn't related to Chemdog at all.

I was never exposed to their being another NYCD, since the majority of the posts dealing with it discuss the openly purchasable version which is soma's. What are the smells/tastes/highs like between Soma's version and the Chemdog 91 version. If you have tried either - your comment would be helpful.

PS: CAPO, really good info as well.

E

ECO

Good info OHGEE, you dug up some solid stuff, it seems the SOUR is simply the 'Orginal Diesel/ Headband' cut hit by the hermed DNL/

it was just this post on page 3 by JJ that confused me i guess he says here the SOUR D is the (91 chem x DNL) NO Mass SS in lineage??

Yes there's no way that the Mass SS is in the Sour Diesel. The Mass just doesn't have the stretch. My friend holds the DNL and the tropical Hawaiian influences are there, so is the stretch in the growth. The DNL is Hawaiian X RFK Skunk/NL. The lower branches of the DNL hermi if not pruned properly and it pollinated the 91 Chem Dawg. I've come to this conclusion over many years of growing the Chem Dawg, DNL, Mass SS, Sour Diesel and talking with the people who were originally involved with making the strains.

JJ-NYC

JJ-NYC

Yes that is correct. I have never claimed that the Mass Super Skunk was in the Sour Diesel. Chemdog did, thinking the Sour came out of his room but that's definitely not the case. The story on the genetics have changed a few times after getting the story from the real sources. No one really knows the real lineage of the Sour Diesel because it was not planned. But after talking with the couple of people that were responsible I have concluded that there was never any "Shiva" or Super Skunk in the mix. It was skunk bag seed that was found at a Dead show at RFK that was mixed with Hawaiian and NL pollen. I think the real lineage goes like this. RFK Skunk/Hawaiian X NL. I think that the Hawaiian and NL came from early 90's-late 80's Sensi Seed stock.
It was first thought it was Underdawg(91 Chem X SS/NL) X DNL.

P

purekushkills

I have a hard time believing there is no chem in sour diesel. Although that skunky flavor really comes thru...

good post jj

-PKK

G

grenbone

Just wanted to add that my friend popped 3 bagseeds from a zip of supposedly ecsd he had about 2 years ago(I questioned if it was the real deal because it was not grown to its full potential). I saw potential in any case, and presently there are three different sick looking female pheno types from the three seeds. The slowest growing and smallest of three looks very chemdog-ish to me, but that is only judging from pictures I have seen on the net.
the zip was from the eastcoast.

C

Cinderella99

THE SOUR DIESEL PROJECTS:

1-Sour Diesel Clone x (soma's) NYCD = Double Sour Diesel (DSD)

2-DSD x DSD = DSDv2 (DSD was never released,only DSDv2)

3-Sour Diesel Clone x DSD = Sour Diesel BX 1.5

4-SD BX 1.5 selectively incrossed = Petrol

5-Sour Diesel Clone x SD BX 1.5 = Sour Diesel BX 2.5

6-Sour Diesel Clone x SD IBL = Omega Diesel (Very Limited Release)

7- SD BX 1.5 (selectively incrossed) = Sour Diesel V3* (Not a BX!)

8-Project SD1 (selective inbreeding) <not released>
9-Project SD2 (selective inbreeding) <not released>
10-Project SD3 (selective inbreeding) <not released>
11-Project SD4 (selective inbreeding) <not released>

12- X x X = Sour Diesel IBL* (Not a BX!
)

That's from Rez's forum-- For those that are confused about what role Soma's NYCD had/has in "Sour Diesel", there's your answer-- it was the male that was initially crossed with the ECSD to, after 2-3 generations, produce his first offering of DSD, which after bred back to the clone, becomes the incarnation of the SD that Rez offers today. However, there's probably so little NYCD left in the Rez's current SD that it's not even worth mentioning.

Especially after having read Sunsimulator's initial post here, my strong suspicion is/has been that stability and potency/length of high are somewhat mutually exclusive with SD. One comes at the expense of the other. In selecting for the more stable progeny to combine in an effort to create an IBL, some of the most potent phenos probably had to be overlooked. Speaking only of Rez's genetics, that's probably why some of the Alpha phenos, which are an IBL backcross to the clone once more, are more potent, but at the expense of consistency when compared to the SD IBL. I mean, how the hell you gonna make a true breeding IBL outa something as variable as the ECSD clone?? That's probably why Rez has dropped the IBL tag on his recent SD releases. Having said that though, he probably has brought more consistency to this strain than other SD breeders. No offense, please.

I'll be combining some Alpha with Mota's Turbo to see what I come up with, but I certainly expect a lot of variation. I'd love to check out this AJ cut, but in all honesty, living here in SoCal, I'm a bit immune from hype and can't believe that there's all that much difference. Peace.

Edit: Swerve, man-- just realized I posted this in your forum...Oooops. I came into this thread on a google search...No disrespect, man, but I'll understand if you delete. Peace

JH420

JH420

Just a heads up for my bros...I think the Sour Aliens that will drop soon should give a really nice representation of AJ's sour D...atleast with my Alien Dog I felt I got an almost pure Chemdog D pheno so I expect the same from these Sour Aliens.

true grit

true grit

Ok ok... so I see there is a consensus on Original Diesel, Underdawg and Sour D, slight variations in story but seemingly same genetic line up. I think its funny after reading 'Brotherhood..', that Hawaiian is just Mexi weed they took to Hawaii, screwed around with some seeds and brought to US to sell as Hawaiian weed instead of mexican weed. Ha.

So then as usual from numerous (seemingly knowledgeable sources) that have the Diesel pegged, they all have different OG stories. It also appears that most east coasters feel that OG Kush is a s1 from hermie Chemdog, but west coasters seem to have a beat on some cut that was original and bx'd? The story quoted by Jerry fits the timeline, throws in the thai people speculate, and about bx'ing with the paki kush and getting Bubba also seems very reasonable, just didn't know the west coast dog has been around so long....

B

Bi0hazard

Rez has made the sour d watered down consistantly.

Lol. It is true. It has its well known 30 minutes high. It just drops off out of nowhere. I can always tell if Sour Diesel crosses used Rez's genetics based on this trait. A wonderful Citrali #1 x Sour Diesel was a waste. Tastes out of this world, the high is great. But just like Rez's IBL's - the high almost completely disappears 30 mins in. When the real ECSD or AJ cut get me heavily stoned for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Props to Swerve for getting and using the Original Sour Diesel Cut. =] We all thank you.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
The old Grim (grimskunk) strain guide has Rez sour diesel as Mexican sativa x Chemo

I don't think REZ had the ECSD so he made his own with the sativa tamer Chemo clone. Then he called it Sour Diesel and went from there until he backcrossed it to get to SD ibl.

Back a few years Grim's strain guide was considered the best one. There must be something to this. Anybody have any thoughts? Maybe JJ or Sunsimulator?

I posted about this awhile ago in a chemo thread any nobody commented on it. I find this very interesting.

I also think this is a confusing subject because people keep mixing up "original".

Here are my thoughts... just my thoughts... by no means are these established facts. I have read a lot because I have the ECSD clone and like to research what I have.

Chemdog Crosses:
• 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdog in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.
• 'Sour Diesel' aka ECSD came from an accidental cross of ('91 Chemdog x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL's lineage is NL/Shiva x Hawaiian.
• Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdog x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.

Sour Diesel is ECSD it is the original but original isn't in the name. It doesn't go by original Sour Diesel.

Later Original Diesel was made by weasel

Then Rez further confused the issue with his SD ibl which I think is Mexican Sativa x Chemo and he found his pheno to backcross his way to SD ibl.

I have ECSD. It looks like the picture I posted (High and Lonesome pic from IC). This originated on the east coast. That is where the original clone was found. I suppose some people could have had seeds from the original accidental cross and that would mean there are cuts from different original seeds.

I think the guys that had the accidental cross with the DNL searched those seeds and found the ECSD cut. Somebody said that the good seeds from this cross went west leaving the east coast the hermie seeds??? At most they just took some seeds out west and other seeds stayed east. But the ECSD cut was here in the east and still is. It is the one that started the sour diesel craze.

AJ's cut is Original Diesel not ECSD. So why isn't it called weasels cut? Or did AJ get seeds from weasel and found his own pheno?

This hobby is crazy complicated at times. LOL!

Ecsd
G

grenbone

The old Grim (grimskunk) strain guide has Rez sour diesel as Mexican sativa x Chemo

I don't think REZ had the ECSD so he made his own with the sativa tamer Chemo clone. Then he called it Sour Diesel and went from there until he backcrossed it to get to SD ibl.

Back a few years Grim's strain guide was considered the best one. There must be something to this. Anybody have any thoughts? Maybe JJ or Sunsimulator?

I posted about this awhile ago in a chemo thread any nobody commented on it. I find this very interesting.

I also think this is a confusing subject because people keep mixing up "original".

Here are my thoughts... just my thoughts... by no means are these established facts. I have read a lot because I have the ECSD clone and like to research what I have.

Chemdog Crosses:
• 'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdog in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.
• 'Sour Diesel' aka ECSD came from an accidental cross of ('91 Chemdog x Mass Super Skunk/NL)x DNL after the DNL hermed and seeded the room. The DNL's lineage is NL/Shiva x Hawaiian.
• Original Diesel' (also known as Diesel #1, Headband, Daywrecker Diesel, Underdawg) came from a cross of '91 Chemdog x (Mass Super Skunk x Sensi's Northern Lights) done by a guy known as ‘weasel’.

Sour Diesel is ECSD it is the original but original isn't in the name. It doesn't go by original Sour Diesel.

Later Original Diesel was made by weasel

Then Rez further confused the issue with his SD ibl which I think is Mexican Sativa x Chemo and he found his pheno to backcross his way to SD ibl.

I have ECSD. It looks like the picture I posted (High and Lonesome pic from IC). This originated on the east coast. That is where the original clone was found. I suppose some people could have had seeds from the original accidental cross and that would mean there are cuts from different original seeds.

I think the guys that had the accidental cross with the DNL searched those seeds and found the ECSD cut. Somebody said that the good seeds from this cross went west leaving the east coast the hermie seeds??? At most they just took some seeds out west and other seeds stayed east. But the ECSD cut was here in the east and still is. It is the one that started the sour diesel craze.

AJ's cut is Original Diesel not ECSD. So why isn't it called weasels cut? Or did AJ get seeds from weasel and found his own pheno?

This hobby is crazy complicated at times. LOL!

So is Aj's cut AKA 'The Original Sour Diesel' The 'Original Diesel'?
Or is it The Original Diesel crossed accidentally with the DNL? And if this is the case then wouldn't ECSD and AJ's cut equal the same thing? LOL

There is so much confusion surrounding this subject. I think maybe its because of a lack of organization on the internet when it comes to such underground topics. In ay case, I would love to get my hands on a cut of the most badass, head-banging and tastiest Sour Diesel there is. :)

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I think AJ's cut is Original Diesel.

Sour Diesel is ECSD.

ECSD was the one that started the ECSD craze. The guys who are absolutely ECSD snobs would not think Original Diesel was on a par with ECSD. Being in Pa and not that far from New York there is a lot of ECSD snobs around. I use snobs as a loving adjective. Just like the west coast has their Chemdog snobs and OG kush snobs. They are hard to satisfy with crosses and S1s.

So grenbone if you were somewhere that somebody had 3 clones and you could take only one and your choices were ECSD, Original Diesel (AJ cut) and Rez SD ibl (best pheno) I think you should go home with the ECSD.

I had original diesel (headband), ECSD, ECSD s1 and a good cut of Rez SD ibl and I kept ECSD. The guy that gave me the SD ibl cut (he is a Rez fan) didn't keep the other 3 I gave him. He just kept his SD ibl. HE WAS NUTS imho. He did keep the white and Chemdog D though so he wasn't completely whacked.

I don't have any experience with Soma NYCD. Never smoked it, saw it or grew it. So I can't say.

Latest posts

Top Bottom