Ak47 4 weeks flower help plz

• Thread starter Justinb19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
az2000

az2000

I was thinking of doing something simple like this for my veg tent and you just gave me more ideas lol. Thanks.

Something else about those floodlamp holders (and their 1/2" pipe thread, which fits nicely into a PVC threaded "side-outlet"), if you look in the gardening department's sprinkler section, you'll find sprinkler head "risers." These are 1/2" pipe thread. And, come in various lengths. (My Lowes has one that's 3 feet long).

If you looked at those PDF articles, the 3rd article (<<link) shows how I make these tent-leg mounts:

IMG 20140916 114418

P1010003 day36 cropped

Those are 3/4" PVC "coupling" fittings ("slip fit" on each end) with a piece of rubber hose inside to protect the tent legs from the thumb screw tightening down on the leg. I use the hardware from a clamp-on reflector, an aim the lights the way you can with a clamp-on.

Now, consider the 3/4" T "reducing" fitting (with a 1/2" side outlet"):
White dura pvc fittings c402 101 64 1000

You could make the same tent-leg mount (with the thumbscrew and rubber insert. But, instead of the clamp-on pivot, you could thread a floodlight holder directly into that. And, have some adjustability (the lampholder has some up/down ajustability. And, you can rotate it a little in the threaded hole.).

However! What if you wanted to extend the light? Maybe you have a small plant an want the light to be closer?

Use the "risers" I mentioned. (Sometimes they're called "nipples"):

Black pvc fittings 38090w 64 1000

Use 1", or 4" or 6" or 12". Thread one end of the nipple into that tent-leg mount, and then use a 1/2" pipe thread coupler (female to female) to mount the floodlamp holder onto the other end end of the nipple:

430 005g

If you get into this stuff, you should google for online pvc fittings. There's many, many more that aren't typically sold at the local store. Furniture PVC fittings. You can do a lot.

In this example, you need the lampcord to exit the side of "T" fitting so you can remove the floodlamp holder, and use it at a longer distance (with the nipple extender). You can cut a notch in the side of the threaded outlet. That will let the threads expand, giving you more turning adjustment to aim the light. (You'd do the same thing with the coupler at the end of the nipple extender).

I made a PVC top-light fixture (<<link) which shows that kind of exit. I cut a slot just to let the PVC threads open and allow more twist adjustment to the lamp position. But, you could cut that slot wider to allow the lamp cord to come out with the lampholder.

The possibilities of what you can do with this stuff is endless.

For example, to extend the light, you can nest 1/2" PVC pipe inside 3/4" PVC (like a telescoping device). I saw some 3/8" CPVC pipe at Lowes which nested inside 1/2" PVC pipe. Rigid steel conduit nests (1/2" inside 3/4").

I made a "flexible fixture" with folding arms. (<<link) I'm thinking about making those kind of arms to attach to the tent legs (for extension into the tent, when a plant is smaller).

If you get into this, the possibilities are endless. It truly is like Lego parts. Many of the traditional (phenolic) sockets have 1/8" pipe thread in their base. You can adapt that to many things. Lowes sells 3' lengths of that "nipple" in their lamp department. (Maybe it's 32". I don't recall.). If you drill the hole right, you can self-tap thread that into PVC or wood.

az2000

az2000

Yes week 5

Being a photosensitive, it may have some time before ripening. It's not like an autoflower on a fixed lifespan. It's driven by the environment (more, at least). Maybe 5 weeks of low light doesn't count for 5 weeks. If you had this much light from the beginning, I believe it would look much different. But, I think you've got quite some time left. It should bulk. The third photo from the top shows what I bet becomes a solid, continuous dense bud.

My concern is that it may become hungry now that it's being driven with more light.

J

Justinb19

Being a photosensitive, it may have some time before ripening. It's not like an autoflower on a fixed lifespan. It's driven by the environment (more, at least). Maybe 5 weeks of low light doesn't count for 5 weeks. If you had this much light from the beginning, I believe it would look much different. But, I think you've got quite some time left. It should bulk. The third photo from the top shows what I bet becomes a solid, continuous dense bud.

My concern is that it may become hungry now that it's being driven with more light.
Miracle gro tomato u said right? Or can i continue with nutrients i posted some where here in this thread?

az2000

az2000

Mricale gro tomato u said right? Or can i continue with nutrients i posted some where here in this thread?

I forget what kind of soil you have, or if you're soilless. The fertilizer you have says it's good for hydro. It has a lot of magnesium and calcium you don't typically see in soil fertiizer. High sulfur too. I never think hydro nutrients are optimal for soil. I've never used a high-N ratio in flower either.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work. 3.5 grams/gal should be safe to use as full strength. You might use 1/2 strength.

I know MG Tomato works safely at 5/8tsp/gal. But, you might use 1/4tsp/gal to start, not knowing if the soil has nutrients. (If you're soilless, I wouldn't use MG Tomato. I'd use the product you have, but the N seems high. That would be the only potential problem.

J

Justinb19

I am soil organic soil
20190808 191225
20190808 191309

I forget what kind of soil you have, or if you're soilless. The fertilizer you have says it's good for hydro. It has a lot of magnesium and calcium you don't typically see in soil fertiizer. High sulfur too. I never think hydro nutrients are optimal for soil. I've never used a high-N ratio in flower either.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work. 3.5 grams/gal should be safe to use as full strength. You might use 1/2 strength.

I know MG Tomato works safely at 5/8tsp/gal. But, you might use 1/4tsp/gal to start, not knowing if the soil has nutrients. (If you're soilless, I wouldn't use MG Tomato. I'd use the product you have, but the N seems high. That would be the only potential problem.
20190808 191225
20190808 191309

az2000

az2000

Hmmm could i monster crop her?or maybe to much stress?

I don't know anything about that. But, maybe start with LST. You could bend the main cola 90-degrees so you could lower the top light a little, more uniform canopy. But, you'd have to read about it. Be prepared for it to snap. (That's not necessarily bad when it happens. Tape the break with electrical tape. It can end up being a huge knuckle where the break was, and the biggest bud on that branch. I've seen it many times. But, I'd advise taking it slow, make small bends.).

az2000

az2000

I
Like to remove soil sometimes and toppwith new stuff

It might not need fertilizer since the plant wasn't driven hard, may not have eaten the "3 months of nutrients" in the soil.

I'd use the MiracleGro in that soil. That fertilizer you have seems odd to me, the amount of calcium, magnesium, sulfur. (5, 4 & 8.3%, respectively.). Grow More - Sea Grow has 0, 0.5 & 3%. Jacks Classic is 0, 0.5 & 0%. (MiracleGro Tomato is the same as Jack's.).

Cannabis likes sulfur. But, that's a lot compared to soil fertilizers. And, the Ca & Mg is high. Cannabis likes a 2:1 to 4:1 ratio of Ca:Mg. Usually that's expected to be in the soil.

It could be good. You could try it. (I wouldn't.).

J

Justinb19

It might not need fertilizer since the plant wasn't driven hard, may not have eaten the "3 months of nutrients" in the soil.

I'd use the MiracleGro in that soil. That fertilizer you have seems odd to me, the amount of calcium, magnesium, sulfur. (5, 4 & 8.3%, respectively.). Grow More - Sea Grow has 0, 0.5 & 3%. Jacks Classic is 0, 0.5 & 0%. (MiracleGro Tomato is the same as Jack's.).

Cannabis likes sulfur. But, that's a lot compared to soil fertilizers. And, the Ca & Mg is high. Cannabis likes a 2:1 to 4:1 ratio of Ca:Mg. Usually that's expected to be in the soil.

It could be good. You could try it. (I wouldn't.).
Is this the one?
Screenshot 2019 08 11 22 24 57

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

I have a ak47 photo that was planted on may 12 and it is now 4 weeks into flower this is my first plant not seeing alot of crystal but can smell a strong scent ..is it normal to be 4 weeks into flower and still be getting new flowers..is this plant looking slow?View attachment 886597View attachment 886598View attachment 886599View attachment 886600
You mean you've been 12 & 12 with the lights for 4 weeks...not that she's been in full bud for 4 weeks? Right? I hope so, those are barely baby buds yet...That plant needed to grow a bit, or a lot more I think. The lights look OK, but maybe for seedlings. You need stronger light system and you need to LST or pinch your plant in veg state to get more than one cola. You'll learn with practice just like everybody does...try growing some outside...in the ground...that's where you can grow fukin' trees bro. Get yourself some 1000 Watt or 1500 Watt lights, HPS or LED or wtf ever, start the plants inside, get them bonsai (4 foot square), then plop them in the ground in June...then shows us your pictures. Good luck buddy.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

How high are ur lights I run my led at 17 to 18 inches from plant tops

zigzagtop

zigzagtop

A plant under the right light can more than double its size in a week.

Honestly, I've had clones rootbound in solo cups that look better.

View attachment 886673

I'm just trying to help, I understand its frustrating. But the reality is, if you want anything more than a few fluffy popcorn flowers that you wouldn't even smoke, you'll need more light.
First of all, she's confined to Solitary Confinement in a Mexican Prison there in that ridiculous cup. You want to see massive growth spurts? Put that in a 30 gallon fabric bag of Fox Farm soil mix, or better yet, in the ground in your garden, and that thing will be a tree...and you don't need to live in Maui Hawaii or Panama to grow huge plants. Just do it properly, and you canhave those WOW! plants you see pictures of all the time. I'm seriously contemplating taking up my own advice on this . LoL.

J

Justinb19

You mean you've been 12 & 12 with the lights for 4 weeks...not that she's been in full bud for 4 weeks? Right? I hope so, those are barely baby buds yet...That plant needed to grow a bit, or a lot more I think. The lights look OK, but maybe for seedlings. You need stronger light system and you need to LST or pinch your plant in veg state to get more than one cola. You'll learn with practice just like everybody does...try growing some outside...in the ground...that's where you can grow fukin' trees bro. Get yourself some 1000 Watt or 1500 Watt lights, HPS or LED or wtf ever, start the plants inside, get them bonsai (4 foot square), then plop them in the ground in June...then shows us your pictures. Good luck buddy.
I dont qwant huge plants i want to keep them smaller and i think ill be ok with my new light setup

Top Bottom