Ak47 4 weeks flower help plz

• Thread starter Justinb19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I would say you have 2 setbacks to a good yield.

First, light. What you have there will BARELY keep your plant alive, let alone grow anything substantial. I suggest much more light.

Second, a good nutrient schedual can make or break your yield. I suggest you research a bit, nutrients can be tricky and are used different for each medium.

For reference here is my current grow when it was in week 4 of flower.

View attachment 886606
I use OP's light for my seedlings..ONLY!

Nobody116

Nobody116

Till you figure it out, I would hang the light you have sideways and turn your plant daily.
It should help a little . But you definitely need more light.

Or you could tie a string near the top and pull her over. Now you can lower the light ;)

J

Justinb19

Opps didnt finish message just got high lol
This is for my smaller auto seedlings
I had issue with germination and after a last resort of cracking the shell on my own and coating in rooting forumula probaly way to much this probaly has stuttend there growth

20190806 210559
az2000

az2000

Whats the input on this light

The label on your light at least looked impressive. That "1000w" on Amazon would work.

If you're not going to grow tall plants, and if you're in Canada, I'd use T5HO at 40w/sq ft (add some LED lightbulbs for sidelighting in mid- to late-flower for about 45w/sq ft). The heat of T5HO would be beneficial in your climate.

A lot of those mass-markete LED "grow lights" end up being run at 50w/sq ft to get good results. At that point, you might as well run CMH at 38w/sq ft (for taller grows) or T5HO for shorter. Much more standardized, componentized, just replace bulbs every 2-3 grows. If the ballast goes out, replace that. Sometimes old-fashioned is good. (A lot of the new stuff is very flim-flam.).

J

Justinb19

The label on your light at least looked impressive. That "1000w" on Amazon would work.

If you're not going to grow tall plants, and if you're in Canada, I'd use T5HO at 40w/sq ft (add some LED lightbulbs for sidelighting in mid- to late-flower for about 45w/sq ft). The heat of T5HO would be beneficial in your climate.

A lot of those mass-markete LED "grow lights" end up being run at 50w/sq ft to get good results. At that point, you might as well run CMH at 38w/sq ft (for taller grows) or T5HO for shorter. Much more standardized, componentized, just replace bulbs every 2-3 grows. If the ballast goes out, replace that. Sometimes old-fashioned is good. (A lot of the new stuff is very flim-flam.).
Im considering getting it if i order today it will be here tomorrow really wanna see thoose buds make progress

az2000

az2000

Im considering getting it if i order today it will be here tomorrow really wanna see thoose buds make progress

It's just a disposable light. I'm sure it will work. How many watts actual?

I try not to support flim-flam that depicts their lights as "1000w" when it's clearly not going to be that. But, if you absolutely positively need light right now, I'm sure it will work. You might end up running 50w/sq ft. But, it should work ok. (You could have had some lightbulbs 2-3 days ago, btw.).

Earlier you said you're on a budget. So, that's why I would emphasize the longer-term investment (more economical long-term use, using new bulbs more frequently. Lumen deprecation is a real thing. Even for LED.).

J

Justinb19

It's just a disposable light. I'm sure it will work. How many watts actual?

I try not to support flim-flam that depicts their lights as "1000w" when it's clearly not going to be that. But, if you absolutely positively need light right now, I'm sure it will work. You might end up running 50w/sq ft. But, it should work ok. (You could have had some lightbulbs 2-3 days ago, btw.).

Earlier you said you're on a budget. So, that's why I would emphasize the longer-term investment (more economical long-term use, using new bulbs more frequently. Lumen deprecation is a real thing. Even for LED.).
How much did your entire light setup with household bulbs cost you i just dont have the sockets. Or stuff to wire or build it?

az2000

az2000

How much did your entire light setup with household bulbs cost you i just dont have the sockets. Or stuff to wire or build it?

You don't have to do the "entire" thing. Last night you were talking about hanging sockets. You can price those at your hardware store. If you read the links I gave you a few days ago, you probably saw that I like to buy the clamp-on reflectors. They cost more than just a socket. But, come with the wiring, the reflector, and the pivot can be used for tent-leg mounting. For the money, it seems like the best value. (The reflector isn't too valuable when globeless lightbulbs are directional by design. But, I use them to increase the performance 10-20%.).

You could mount sockets in a piece of wood and make a "fixture." Those links show all that stuff.

You're right though, it takes some DIY. If you're not into that, I would do T5HO with warm-white tubes 3 to 1 cool. Flourescent gives you UV which LED doesn't typically emit. And, fresh lights every 2-3 grows without tossing the entire fixture. And, you wouldn't be patronizing flim-flam "1000w" nonsense.

Why are you focused on LED? Historically that's been the realm of hot climates (mine) or high-priced electricity. If those aren't your drivers, I think you'd be happier with traditional lighting (CMH or T5HO). I think the heat would be welcome in your climate. And, as I said: standarized, componetized, commoditized bulbs & ballasts. One long-term investment instead of the latest fad. (LED is bleeding edge. Hard to figure out what's good, what isn't.).

But, people have wasted a lot more on lights. It won't be the end of the world if you buy that. I'm sure it will satisfy you for a couple grows. If you don't do it, it might be something you'll always think "I've heard so much good about those lights.... if only I had...."

Only you know what's right for you in this stage of your growing experience.

az2000

az2000

That's the same fixture as the Sun Systems Agroflex. I've wanted to get one of those to compare it to the more typical Sunblaze (the mirror-finish reflectors around each tube, and don't have the reflector wings on the sides).

All I can say to the OP is that the mirror-finish reflectors have more use. But, the reflector wings on this one might create better coverage. Eigher way you'll need some warm-white tubes. (Vivosun 3000k).

az2000

az2000

That's the same fixture as the Sun Systems Agroflex. I've wanted to get one of those to compare it to the more typical Sunblaze (the mirror-finish reflectors around each tube, and don't have the reflector wings on the sides).

All I can say to the OP is that the mirror-finish reflectors have more use. But, the reflector wings on this one might create better coverage. Eigher way you'll need some warm-white tubes. (Vivosun 3000k).

Also, if it were me, I would get 2-bulb fixtures and break up the lighting more, for better coverage. Or, a 4-bulb with two 2-bulb. It's a balance between ease of use and coverage. 8 bulbs in one fixture isn't the right balance for me.

Either way, 8 24-watt t5HO should cover 4.5 sq ft. (But, if you can break those watts into more sources that can be angled around the canopy, it will be more useable light to the plant. Potentially more coverage.).

A tent would improve your lighting too (the reflective surface). That could lead you to wish you had a 48" fixture with 54w bulbs. Same coverage (40w/sq ft). Same principle of using more fixtures helps a lot (compared to one single, loaded fixture).

az2000

az2000

Also, HPS would be a good choice in your climate. It's cheaper to get into than CMH. Hotter. I think people typically run those 50-60w sq ft. CMH is 35w/sq ft. (Neither of these numbers include the ballast. And, I sidelight CMH, as I would anything.). The heat of HPS could be valuable in your winter. Like I said, cheap to get into.

But, if you think you'll grow shorter plants (4' to 5' tall space), T5HO would be better (40w/sq ft.).

J

Justinb19

Also, HPS would be a good choice in your climate. It's cheaper to get into than CMH. Hotter. I think people typically run those 50-60w sq ft. CMH is 35w/sq ft. (Neither of these numbers include the ballast. And, I sidelight CMH, as I would anything.). The heat of HPS could be valuable in your winter. Like I said, cheap to get into.

But, if you think you'll grow shorter plants (4' to 5' tall space), T5HO would be better (40w/sq ft.).
Im looking to keep plant around 3 feet

az2000

az2000

Im looking to keep plant around 3 feet

Counting the container or not?

If not, then you'll want a 7' tall tent and HPS or CMH (or LED growlight fixtures, if you're intent on that. Or, household LED lightbulbs, which would be inexpensive in the long run, but can be work to manage, especially if it's a 4x4 tent with 4 plants.).

If you are counting the container, then a 4-5' tall tent would work. T5HO works well in that. As does the lightbulbs. Or, some LED fixtures, if that's your thing.

Unless you have a reason to use LED, I'd stay away from it. It's a confusing topic and a lot of predation out there. What I like about *not* being into LEDs anymore is that I can focus more on growing. Lighting is just a means to that end. LED turns into growing to demonstrate LEDs. Growing becomes a means to finding the LED holy grail. It's different. It's not as fun. And, there's religious overtones to it. It's hard to be objective about it because people are growing at 80w/sq ft but bragging about the buds as wonderful. You can't compare that to HPS or CMH (or T5HO, or lightbulbs) when decisions are made from those kinds of testimonials -- which evolve from "I liked my first fixture so much, I bought two... and the results are spectacular. I think a third one would fit in my grow space." (No mention of how that will be 120w/sq ft.).

IMO, it's a proverbial pandora's box. It's not so much a matter of whether the BS "1000w" fixture will grow (within 1 or 2 sq ft). It's more: do you really want to be part of all that? It's like rolling the dice on lighting. There's a reason the old standard lighting has virtually no controversy. I'm sure you can find some no-name crappy T5HO tubes. But, it's not the *norm* the way LED grow-light BS is. You'll just grow, and replace standardized tubes/bulbs/ballasts. You don't have to get into whether a fixture's specs saying "Osram" really means it really uses Osram diodes, or just includes *one* so they can say that. (That stuff really happens, with the majority of the fixtures you'll looking at.).

But, $80 isn't a lot to roll the dice on. People have spent far more on fixtures that ended up in the dumpster a few months later.

There was a guy on another forum 4-5 years ago who went completely off the cliff with TopLED/Mars/Sara lights. He had some kind of legal judgement which was a windfall, and he was going to grow *big* all at once. Thousands of dollars for lights. He bought two dozen Mars fixtures, giving the finger to everyone saying "I wouldn't." Within 2 months he was buying COBs and heatsinks, making his own fixtures and admitting he wasted money. (He made a video of him beating the crap out of his fixtures in front of a dumpster.).

I haven't looked at LED for 4-5 years. It could be better. But, from what I'm seeing, it's still like a timeshare presentation.

J

Justinb19

Counting the container or not?

If not, then you'll want a 7' tall tent and HPS or CMH (or LED growlight fixtures, if you're intent on that. Or, household LED lightbulbs, which would be inexpensive in the long run, but can be work to manage, especially if it's a 4x4 tent with 4 plants.).

If you are counting the container, then a 4-5' tall tent would work. T5HO works well in that. As does the lightbulbs. Or, some LED fixtures, if that's your thing.

Unless you have a reason to use LED, I'd stay away from it. It's a confusing topic and a lot of predation out there. What I like about *not* being into LEDs anymore is that I can focus more on growing. Lighting is just a means to that end. LED turns into growing to demonstrate LEDs. Growing becomes a means to finding the LED holy grail. It's different. It's not as fun. And, there's religious overtones to it. It's hard to be objective about it because people are growing at 80w/sq ft but bragging about the buds as wonderful. You can't compare that to HPS or CMH (or T5HO, or lightbulbs) when decisions are made from those kinds of testimonials -- which evolve from "I liked my first fixture so much, I bought two... and the results are spectacular. I think a third one would fit in my grow space." (No mention of how that will be 120w/sq ft.).

IMO, it's a proverbial pandora's box. It's not so much a matter of whether the BS "1000w" fixture will grow (within 1 or 2 sq ft). It's more: do you really want to be part of all that? It's like rolling the dice on lighting. There's a reason the old standard lighting has virtually no controversy. I'm sure you can find some no-name crappy T5HO tubes. But, it's not the *norm* the way LED grow-light BS is. You'll just grow, and replace standardized tubes/bulbs/ballasts. You don't have to get into whether a fixture's specs saying "Osram" really means it really uses Osram diodes, or just includes *one* so they can say that. (That stuff really happens, with the majority of the fixtures you'll looking at.).

But, $80 isn't a lot to roll the dice on. People have spent far more on fixtures that ended up in the dumpster a few months later.

There was a guy on another forum 4-5 years ago who went completely off the cliff with TopLED/Mars/Sara lights. He had some kind of legal judgement which was a windfall, and he was going to grow *big* all at once. Thousands of dollars for lights. He bought two dozen Mars fixtures, giving the finger to everyone saying "I wouldn't." Within 2 months he was buying COBs and heatsinks, making his own fixtures and admitting he wasted money. (He made a video of him beating the crap out of his fixtures in front of a dumpster.).

I haven't looked at LED for 4-5 years. It could be better. But, from what I'm seeing, it's still like a timeshare presentation.
How about 3 of these fixtures?
20190809 132931

az2000

az2000

How about 3 of these fixtures?

That looks great. If you can get it 3-6" from the plant, and maybe angle it, so the bulbs hit their target. If you could make it vertical and a 20 degree tilt, you could have one bulb shining straight down; another 45-degree int the plant; the last could be sidelight. If you had 3 of those around the plant that way, it would awesome. 10w bulbs in each socket. I figure a 2x2' space is a typical container plant. If you arranged that light the way I described, it would be 22.5w/sq ft. If you looked at the links I gave you earlier in yur other thread, you saw how well my 18-22w grow turned out. I don't think anyone would be unhappy with that result. It wasn't not top-shelf. But, it's far from poor.

If you added in your 18w red-oriented grow light, that would be 108w total, 27w/sq ft (if you were covering a 2x2' space).

I really don't think you'll be sorry. It's not sexy. You're not going to get girls this way. But, I'm telling you. If you can surround the plant with light (close up, spreading the watts around the plant from all angles, reducing the inverse-square loss), you'll be surprised how a plant will grow. I don't know if your 18w grow light is any good. But, if you had 27w/sq ft of globeless LED lightbulbs, I think you'd be very happy with the result.

You could use 15w (100w-equiv). That would dial up the w/sq ft. I haven't done that. My impression is that the 100w-equivs are not as efficient (light per watt) as the 60w-equiv. I basically use 10w (60w-equiv), or use floodlights (which I'm revisiting right now.).

I just went to Lowes. They have those sockets I get (from clamp-on reflectors) for $3.50. USD. But, the clamp-on reflector is $7-8. You get the socket, reflector, lampcord, plug and the pivot which can be mounted to the tent leg. (You should have seen that in the links I gave you earlier).

What does that 3-bulb fixture cost? (I saw someone use a bathroom vanity as a fixture. They put eye-bolts into it and hung it with ratcheting hangers.).

J

Justinb19

That looks great. If you can get it 3-6" from the plant, and maybe angle it, so the bulbs hit their target. If you could make it vertical and a 20 degree tilt, you could have one bulb shining straight down; another 45-degree int the plant; the last could be sidelight. If you had 3 of those around the plant that way, it would awesome. 10w bulbs in each socket. I figure a 2x2' space is a typical container plant. If you arranged that light the way I described, it would be 22.5w/sq ft. If you looked at the links I gave you earlier in yur other thread, you saw how well my 18-22w grow turned out. I don't think anyone would be unhappy with that result. It wasn't not top-shelf. But, it's far from poor.

If you added in your 18w red-oriented grow light, that would be 108w total, 27w/sq ft (if you were covering a 2x2' space).

I really don't think you'll be sorry. It's not sexy. You're not going to get girls this way. But, I'm telling you. If you can surround the plant with light (close up, spreading the watts around the plant from all angles, reducing the inverse-square loss), you'll be surprised how a plant will grow. I don't know if your 18w grow light is any good. But, if you had 27w/sq ft of globeless LED lightbulbs, I think you'd be very happy with the result.

You could use 15w (100w-equiv). That would dial up the w/sq ft. I haven't done that. My impression is that the 100w-equivs are not as efficient (light per watt) as the 60w-equiv. I basically use 10w (60w-equiv), or use floodlights (which I'm revisiting right now.).

I just went to Lowes. They have those sockets I get (from clamp-on reflectors) for $3.50. USD. But, the clamp-on reflector is $7-8. You get the socket, reflector, lampcord, plug and the pivot which can be mounted to the tent leg. (You should have seen that in the links I gave you earlier).

What does that 3-bulb fixture cost? (I saw someone use a bathroom vanity as a fixture. They put eye-bolts into it and hung it with ratcheting hangers.).
The fixture is around 20$ om thinking 2 of those for side light and led on top or vice versa changeing my grow area to another spot right now

And will throw a tarp across the front gonna drop the duct work down 3 feet with a 90° elbow on the end that will go through the tarp for heat with a fan to circulate air flow

Top Bottom