Ak47 4 weeks flower help plz

• Thread starter Justinb19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Justinb19

Do you guys think these would bulk up in the next lets say 2 weeks?

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

What's ur trich looking like I would go for 70cloudy/30amber but that me next person may say different

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Like the bottom statement say it's not a dependent high guessing not enough to depend on it lol

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

I have heard that clear is when thc is at its peak leavl
Wrong, you will likely have a low level high that doesn't last, but its not just the potency that could suffer harvesting early but the taste too. Picked too early and they will probably have a taste of chlorophyll.

BigCube

BigCube

Clear = less potent

Milky = optimal THC and Terps and a "speedy" or "wakeful" high

Amber = Starting to degrade in both potency and flavor with a "heavy" or "couchlock" (man do I ever hate that fucking word) high.

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

Yeah thats true and i figure i probaly still have a couple weeks to go so they may double up
Last Friday you figured a couple more weeks and I would agree that they need at least 2 more weeks from then, but I get the impression you are really impatient for this to be done, you need to learn patience. If you are going by the breeders recommended finish time you will find that their times are just a ballpark figure. I have had strains take 2 or 3 weeks longer than breeders suggested time, and sometimes they finish sooner. Go with what the trichomes tell you. And yes they are still bulking up by the looks of your pics.

az2000

az2000

Anytime you have a plant growing, that's a great opportunity to learn. Unless your wife absolutely can't wait 2-3 weeks, now's a great time to get experience with ripening. Even if this grow's not a everything you wanted, it's still great experience which you will appreciate when you reach this point in your next grow. (You'll feel like you've been down this road before.).

Now would be a great time to experiment (lightly) with epsom salt & AK kelp, mentioned a week ago. (<<link) Or, if you want to try a "bloom booster," get something high in P&K. (But, I think that's more risky. Alternating between a 1/4-1/2tsp/gal epsom salt, and 1-2 Tbsp Pennington shouldn't be a problem.). That's the sort of stuff that would be really handy to have played with with when you reach this point in your next grow; with more on the line you'll be more nervous about things like this, etc. You've got a perfect opportunity with a plant that you're not "hoping for more" with.

Regarding harvesting when clear: I've always noticed they can be clear for a long time. They were probably clear two weeks ago. They may be clear in another two weeks. If you wait for a little cloudy, you'll at least have a reference point for when in the "clear lifespan." Seems like there should at least be some brown pistils.

The whole "expected flower time" in this case doesn't seem fruitful (no pun intended.). Those estimates are based upon the plant being driven by sufficient light. Your plant wasn't for 4 weeks. It languished in a sleepy, flowery state. Since it wasn't really driven to finish, I don't think those 4 weeks count for much in terms of "lifespan." It was just on hiatus. It might have remained in that state for months, eventually herming. When you added more light, it could have had 4-6 weeks left. (I.e, the first 4 weeks might have only counted as 1-2 weeks.). If you let it continue, you'll learn something about that which might be helpful to someone else in the future (when you see someone in this same situation).

J

Justinb19

Could i change light cycles to lets say 18 hours darkness and 6 hours light

az2000

az2000

Could i change light cycles to lets say 18 hours darkness and 6 hours light

Are you thinking that would help it flower more? I don't think it would. The plant needs light to develop and grow. I think more darkness would be be like going back to those 6 weeks or so of inadequate light. If anything, I would add more light for the 12 hours the lights are on. Push it harder. Especially in late flower. If you were already running 50w/sq ft, then that might not be useful. But, if you're around 30, adding more during the last couple weeks could make a huge difference.

But, maybe you were thinking of darkness for some other reason?

J

Justinb19

I
Are you thinking that would help it flower more? I don't think it would. The plant needs light to develop and grow. I think more darkness would be be like going back to those 6 weeks or so of inadequate light. If anything, I would add more light for the 12 hours the lights are on. Push it harder. Especially in late flower. If you were already running 50w/sq ft, then that might not be useful. But, if you're around 30, adding more during the last couple weeks could make a huge difference.

But, maybe you were thinking of darkness for some other reason?
Have heard that buds release the hormone to produce big buds while in the dark

az2000

az2000

Have heard that buds release the hormone to produce big buds while in the dark

I haven't heard that. Maybe someone else knows about it. Or, maybe it's specific to the last day or two before harvest? (I've heard of people doing long dark periods before harvest.).

Something you might want to look at is flashing the lights with a far-red LED (720nm, I think. I forget). Apparently, if you run that for 15 minutes or so after lights out, the plant will enter a mode faster which means it doesn't need the full 12 hours of darkness to remain in flower. You can do 14/10 (light/dark).

I've forgotten the details. You'd have to search for it. But, that's supposed to give better results than ordinary 12/12.

J

Justinb19

I haven't heard that. Maybe someone else knows about it. Or, maybe it's specific to the last day or two before harvest? (I've heard of people doing long dark periods before harvest.).

Something you might want to look at is flashing the lights with a far-red LED (720nm, I think. I forget). Apparently, if you run that for 15 minutes or so after lights out, the plant will enter a mode faster which means it doesn't need the full 12 hours of darkness to remain in flower. You can do 14/10 (light/dark).

I've forgotten the details. You'd have to search for it. But, that's supposed to give better results than ordinary 12/12.
That sounds very interesting any one else know more about this?

Latest posts

Top Bottom