Alarming Colour Fade and Yellowing first 4 weeks of Flowering.

• Thread starter kuruption50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kuruption50

Hi There, new to the forums and hoping for some advice on my plants. I'm currently growing outdoors in Southern Ontario and in week 4 of flower. Shortly after flowering started I noticed a significant Fade in green colour of the plants overall and during weeks 3 and 4 alot of Yellowing and dying leaves. I had been feeding with GroTek Grow Formula during Veg and switched to Bloom Formula for flowering. I did get a little nutrient burn when I switched to the Bloom Formula only affecting about 5 leaves per plant but dialed in back and nothing since. I expected possible Nitrogen Deficiency but my Bloom formula is 3-8-8 so there should be Nitrogen present. I'm concerned at the amount of leaves I've lost over 2 weeks with still 4-5 weeks left to go. This is my 2nd time growing and last year my plant did not show these symptoms and was basically problem free from start to finish.

Any suggestions or advice on what I'm dealing with? Apple Fritter & Black Cherry Punch have yellowed significantly more than Baby Yoda & Banana Punch.

Apple Fritter
Alarming colour fade and yellowing first 4 weeks of flowering

Black Cherry Punch
Alarming colour fade and yellowing first 4 weeks of flowering 2

Baby Yoda
Alarming colour fade and yellowing first 4 weeks of flowering 3

Banana Punch
Alarming colour fade and yellowing first 4 weeks of flowering 4

socks4free

socks4free

Hi There, new to the forums and hoping for some advice on my plants. I'm currently growing outdoors in Southern Ontario and in week 4 of flower. Shortly after flowering started I noticed a significant Fade in green colour of the plants overall and during weeks 3 and 4 alot of Yellowing and dying leaves. I had been feeding with GroTek Grow Formula during Veg and switched to Bloom Formula for flowering. I did get a little nutrient burn when I switched to the Bloom Formula only affecting about 5 leaves per plant but dialed in back and nothing since. I expected possible Nitrogen Deficiency but my Bloom formula is 3-8-8 so there should be Nitrogen present. I'm concerned at the amount of leaves I've lost over 2 weeks with still 4-5 weeks left to go. This is my 2nd time growing and last year my plant did not show these symptoms and was basically problem free from start to finish.

Any suggestions or advice on what I'm dealing with? Apple Fritter & Black Cherry Punch have yellowed significantly more than Baby Yoda & Banana Punch.

Apple Fritter
View attachment 2032432

Black Cherry Punch
View attachment 2032433

Baby Yoda
View attachment 2032434

Banana Punch
View attachment 2032435
Do the nutrients suggest overlapping their use? I know my grow/bloom nutes say to continue the grow nutes for a couple weeks into flower ontop of the bloom nutes.

H

hoobastank_enthusiast

just having the numbers there doesn't necessarily mean the plant can get at it. if you're in a nutrient lockout situation then the problem is going to be different. what is that media?

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Hey bud. I'm in Petrolia. How far away are you?
Is this plant in coco? As the 03-8-8 should have enough available nitrogen I'm wondering about your watering solution ph.

K

kuruption50

Hey bud. I'm in Petrolia. How far away are you?
Is this plant in coco? As the 03-8-8 should have enough available nitrogen I'm wondering about your watering solution ph.
Welland. I haven't checked PH, I have a meter ordered should be here anyway now. Was considering doing a flush today to get rid of maybe excess salt build up potentially.

K

kuruption50

flowering started outdoors here in southern ontario on Aug 10-13 basically..
you missed the plants needs for more nitrogen..
The plants stretched right at the beginning of August so would I not consider the stretch the 1st week of Flowering Stage? I'm still feeding Nitrogen with my the Bloom Formula at 3-8-8. A smaller amount than veg but should still be available.

socks4free

socks4free

The plants stretched right at the beginning of August so would I not consider the stretch the 1st week of Flowering Stage? I'm still feeding Nitrogen with my the Bloom Formula at 3-8-8. A smaller amount than veg but should still be available.
I'm not positive on when they are officially in flower but alot of the stuff I've read says that the first couple weeks of flower the plants go through a lot of nitrogen so reducing the plants nitrogen during that stretch is probably why they are yellowing

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'm not positive on when they are officially in flower but alot of the stuff I've read says that the first couple weeks of flower the plants go through a lot of nitrogen so reducing the plants nitrogen during that stretch is probably why they are yellowing
that’s it^^^^
i’m in Sarnia and grow outdoors as well..
no need to flush your plants..
your NPK ratios are all a bit off of what you really need but they will work..
here’s mine
IMG 6467

K

kuruption50

Any chance you got cooked and double feed her high nitrate a couple of weeks ago?
I was doing a water, water, feed schedule during Veg. I felt was playing it safe with nutirents during this time and had no burn or yellowing. At the end of Veg in preparation for the stretch and flowering I did a Feed, Water, Feed, Water, Feed. The last feed was the start of bloom formula. After this I did notice some nutirent burn on roughly 5-8 leaves per plant. This was around Aug. 10th.

After that I used only water for about 10 days with no nutirents to make sure I didn't cause any further burn. During this time is when I noticed the colour starting to fade. I started using Bloom Formula again Aug. 20th. The fade has continued and yellowing started at this time and has continued for for the last 10 days. The buds themselves seem to be coming in nicely but I am losing alot of leaves to yellowing, these leaves also have purple stems.

Could the added feeds at the beginning of the month caused a PH lockout? Would a lockout only affect nitrogen uptake because I don't see any other signs of other defiencies.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

you should feed nutrients every watering, even if that mean slighlty lower dose than what's recommended ... i m not surprised you plants are yellowing if you're feeding them one watering out of three or two ...

i don't think that's a ph and or nutrients lockout in that case you would have others symptoms and various kind of burns others than just yellowing ...

Last edited:
K

kuruption50

you should feed nutrients every watering, even if that mean slighlty lower dose than what's recommended ... i m not surprised you plants are yellowing if you're feeding them one watering out of three or two ...

i don't think that's a ph lockout in that case you would have others symptoms and various kind of burns others than just yellowing ...
I got worried because when I switched to water, feed, water, feed is when I got the nutirent burn. Last year I did water, water, feed and my plant thrived so I continued that this year, obviously it isn't working this time.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

next time try 3/4 dose than what's recommended on the bottles every watering, that's usually a good starting point for most nutrients brand, then you can adjust over grows.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
what do you see as nutrient burn?.
it might be something else..

Top Bottom