Alarming Colour Fade and Yellowing first 4 weeks of Flowering.

• Thread starter kuruption50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kuruption50

what do you see as nutrient burn?.
it might be something else..
Burnt/Brown leaf tips and curling upwards. I removed the affected leaves already so I could see if any other ones would be affected moving forward.

K

kuruption50

you should feed nutrients every watering, even if that mean slighlty lower dose than what's recommended ... i m not surprised you plants are yellowing if you're feeding them one watering out of three or two ...

i don't think that's a ph and or nutrients lockout in that case you would have others symptoms and various kind of burns others than just yellowing ...
Yeah I wasn't sure if it was a lockout hence why I didn't feed them because I didn't want to potentially make it worse. Sounds like I just might need to feed them lower amounts more frequently.

K

kuruption50

what do you see as nutrient burn?.
it might be something else..
Thoughts on this purple colouring on leaf tips. Also have purple stems on alot of fading leaves.

Screenshot 20230903 155636 Gallery

20230903 152139

K

kuruption50

ok, so basically your not feeding enough.. do as @HerbalEdu said to do..
you have a nitrogen deficiency and phosphorus deficiency and probably/possibly coming up a calmag deficiency..
Yes, I fed them this morning and will continue to do so every watering. Was just curious about the purple colouring because I never mentioned them in the original post. All part of the same under feeding problem than. When feeding/watering should I water until I see run off?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yes, I fed them this morning and will continue to do so every watering. Was just curious about the purple colouring because I never mentioned them in the original post. All part of the same under feeding problem than. When feeding/watering should I water until I see run off?
well just makesure the whole medium gets wet.. don’t worry about having run off or not..

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

some strains or some phenotype within a strain can have their leaves turning purple near the end with senescence, no need to worry too much about that i think.

Porky1982

Porky1982

Hi There, new to the forums and hoping for some advice on my plants. I'm currently growing outdoors in Southern Ontario and in week 4 of flower. Shortly after flowering started I noticed a significant Fade in green colour of the plants overall and during weeks 3 and 4 alot of Yellowing and dying leaves. I had been feeding with GroTek Grow Formula during Veg and switched to Bloom Formula for flowering. I did get a little nutrient burn when I switched to the Bloom Formula only affecting about 5 leaves per plant but dialed in back and nothing since. I expected possible Nitrogen Deficiency but my Bloom formula is 3-8-8 so there should be Nitrogen present. I'm concerned at the amount of leaves I've lost over 2 weeks with still 4-5 weeks left to go. This is my 2nd time growing and last year my plant did not show these symptoms and was basically problem free from start to finish.

Any suggestions or advice on what I'm dealing with? Apple Fritter & Black Cherry Punch have yellowed significantly more than Baby Yoda & Banana Punch.

Apple Fritter
View attachment 2032432

Black Cherry Punch
View attachment 2032433

Baby Yoda
View attachment 2032434

Banana Punch
View attachment 2032435
Big plants in small pots. They are hungry!

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Thoughts on this purple colouring on leaf tips. Also have purple stems on alot of fading leaves.
It isn't necessarily bad. The purple coloration results when the plant creates the anthocyanin pigment. There are multiple reasons why plants do it. To name a few, it can be genetic, a protection against excess light or a reaction to stress.

BB22

BB22

It isn't necessarily bad. The purple coloration results when the plant creates the anthocyanin pigment. There are multiple reasons why plants do it. To name a few, it can be genetic, a protection against excess light or a reaction to stress.
Sorry, that was a misfire. I got clumsy, fat, thumbs. Lol.

Top Bottom