• Tagged users None
waayne

waayne

Those girls sure look happy!
Can't wait to see them in flower!
:passingjoint:

E

ent

did they show sex in veg or did you switch em to bloom?

of my three i popped i got 2 females and a male for those keeping tally.

N

nvthis

Hey thanks guys :D These showed sex surprizingly fast. Now I am just trying to get some height on them before flowering. However I am contemplating topping them again just to see what she does.. But I can't wait forever and am already completely off schedule so the flip will be soon I am thinking...

j wizzle

j wizzle

plants look great.. i have 8 going right now and they are looking pretty. good luck nv, i would love to be able to tell what is LVPK leaning and what is alien leaning. hope to get a good alien male to cross with my chem, white bubba and raskals OG

N

nvthis

Yup bro, I think we are all feeling that one.. ;)

The LVPK has been slow going through early veg. We will have some pics up in a bit. Just waiting her to catch on a little. So far there are no blaring or overly obvious differences with the batch of AK f2's I got. We might end up splitting a few hairs on this one, just glad I will have a few more eyes on it then just my own...

N

nvthis

Lvpk/kkpk

A couple quick thoughts on the LVPK before we move on...

OBSoul33t; said:
chem himself says he thinks it's on par or a tad better than the d.

OBSoul33t; said:
every person i smoked pk with has been floored by it's taste and strength.

half doobie is the most the average smoker can handle

smoking pk with folks i constantly hear , nah im cool put it out for a while

OBSoul33t; said:
i just rolled a fatty up of the lvpk

of the different pk's i have tried this is by far the best on par with Chemdog D for potency and taste to boot .

Obs

The problem with this whole deal is that even if we could point at the various AK phenos, there is no telling where they came from. Well, none but one. The LVPK control clone in it's living form. There is no real way to tell, of course, what kind of variations the LVPK is offering to the mix. Then there is the Alien Tech side. OBS states that they were collected by a soldier in Afghanistan. Though I don't believe OBS has mislead anybody, we have to understand that he has relayed to us only what he was told... And we have to consider that when we assume the Alien Tech was a landerace/IBL and what variations it might or might not bring.

I have read and tried to figure out what the deal is with the Alien Tech... Smoke reports. Grow reports. Pics...

Was there any actual pics of the original Alien Tech??? I try to remember that far back and can only recall seeing/being absolutely amazed by those early AK pics that OBS brought.

And what happened to the Original beans??? Was there only the single male produced? If not, how does one lose it? If you are crossing that to everything you have, why not cross it to AT??????? IMO there was some mystery purposefully generated here. OBS was/is a knockout canna photographer, second to nobody, and he had no issues sharing his pics. secondly, with a line like Alien Tech, how do you simply 'let it go'?... To confuse things futher, we are treated with deleted accounts and deleted postings regarding what it is we seek. Nothing seems to go anywhere. Except Obsoul33t. Kinda makes ya wonder what happened. However, my biggest regret is not the lack of info regarding one or two particular strains, it would be the loss of an exceptional grower who did not seem to have a problem sharing anything. Let alone information on the strains he grew....

Topping this off are the breeders using Ak. The new version of Aliendog is said to use an Alien Tech dominant father. How did that happen? Can we assume then this info really does readily exists? Either it does or it doesn't, right? What I am saying is either the powers that be deliberately withhold any discription, or they don't know anymore than any of us do. I am not trying to make allegations or suggestions from this. These are merely thoughts that pass all too quickly. The point is is that we farmers may never be given what we need to figure this out on our own. Carry on. Ramble over.

let's see some LVPK>>>

2010 0630Jul30007
2010 0630Jul30008
2010 0630Jul30009
2010 0630Jul30010
2010 0630Jul30011
2010 0630Jul30012
2010 0630Jul30013
2010 0630Jul30015
2010 0630Jul30016
2010 0630Jul30017
N

nvthis

Ok, so these were bent over to encourage some stem growth. They have also been under flo's. Needless to say they don't have any problems branching out a bit. It looks that, at this stage in it's growth, it is perfectly happy growing leaf brackets of 5. The tops seem to keep a pretty tight node structure, but the branches do stretch a bit when catching up and looking for light.. The serrades on the leaves looked very sharp and aggressive earlier on, and of course have softened and squared or 'rounded' off a bit with the larger leaves.. Seems she really prefers to stick with the darker green color as well.. Hmm.. What do you guys think?

Oh, and Obsoul33t... If ya out there, with a diff name or somethin.. Just wanna say hope all is good bro.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
They looking great to me!! I cant wait to see how she buds out! Is the LVPK have anything related to the Suge Pure Kush cut?

I like what u said even if i doubt all this have been done on a purpose, i dont know... Maybe Obs simply had other things to deal with in his life than the internet thing. I just wish his work was still available to us...

N

nvthis

I dunno man. Something don't smell right. Of course, it could be nothing more sinister than a little friendly salesmanship intrigue, which for the most part is meant to be fun, but it's still a little FUBAR'ed when ya trying to figure it out, lol..

Is the LVPK have anything related to the Suge Pure Kush cut?

Nice looking out there bro. I have no idea what it is exactly. I read somewhere that it was a work in progress, but kyle had to stop as he was having hermie issues with subsequent generations.. Truth?

Subcool seems to think it is NL x Purple Indica. Guess there is nothing saying it's not, although he also says it was quoted from the "New Yorker"....

Either way, Suge (left), meet LVPK...

2010 0701Jul30001
2010 0701Jul30002
darksideX

darksideX

those are some gr8t lookin' babys bro..can't wait to see 'em flowerin'..i would luv to get ma fingaz on some of those alien kush f2's one day..sure that raskal did anotha great job on those beanz..
and once again big up obs for bringin the aliens to the table..however..whatever..wherever..all of the aliens were bangin' shit..and for sure from anotha space..hahah:rofl

respect obsoul33t :bow

:very_first_smiley:

Mud Man

Mud Man

Hell yeah.... they look mean.,... that has made my mind up I am popping some F2s this week!

in for the UFO joyRide

N

nvthis

Thanks guys!!

Ok, I was just gonna leave this alone 'cause I didn't want to be confused with or labeled a trouble maker.. But, after thinking about it, it really is a harmless question after all.. The only reason I even baulked was due to what I said a few posts ago, and if read in the wrong context, could leave me in a very accusing or shit stirring light.. Not a place I want to be..

This is to what I refer..

The new version of Aliendog is said to use an Alien Tech dominant father. How did that happen? Can we assume then this info really does readily exists? Either it does or it doesn't, right? What I am saying is either the powers that be deliberately withhold any discription, or they don't know anymore than any of us do.

So here ya go..

I asked Swerve bluntly what his Tech dom male is. Exactly.

Let's see what happens.. Ideally, he will just plop on and let us have it, yeah? ;) Well, to cut to the chase, that is exactly what I am hoping for...

~NV

OGsus

OGsus

if my memory serves me right... swerve used an alien kush male that was alien tech dominant. i think he did the same with the grass knuckles v2.

N

nvthis

if my memory serves me right... swerve used an alien kush male that was alien tech dominant. i think he did the same with the grass knuckles v2.

Right, the trick is to figure out just what that means.

What expressions make it AT dom? The thing I am seeing is it's not night and day. The KKPK and the AT are both indys, so what features separate the two? If he says they are AT dom, then he must know what he is looking for, right? And isn't that exactly what we want to know?

Let's say we had reg beans of the Pk and popped them. What kind of expressions would we expect to see? And let's say we had reg beans of AT and popped them What kind of expressions, if any (none of us knows, we've never even seen the plant in it's original state), could we expect to see? Now stir all those expressions into on big pot and pick out the AT dom.... Far as I know, only two peeps know just how to do that. Swerve, and OBS...

Now I'm not really trying to be difficult here, but I wouldn't mind knowing as well... Who wouldn't? :D

Mud Man

Mud Man

nvthis! kove the thread and the attention to detail...the question is looming!!!

i am confused, this is easily done lol

your cuts look insane and lush.... LVPK dom Aliens sounds good to me....:clapping

I will do one of my packs and chuck in my 2cents, lets try and isolate the 2 phens, i love your mission statement...:character0050:

hollllla

N

nvthis

Hey, thanks Darkside.. I had intended these to be in flower already but... They didn't quite hit the size I was looking for, that and the heat has become a mild issue.. I've pushed back the flip date for mid to late August. This should mean trees goin' in and much less heat issues the last half of flower..

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Sick looking cuts bro, looks almost u identical with a slight diference on pics. Can't wait to see u bud those girls side by side!!!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
you dont need to know exactly what alien tech looks like if you have grown out every plant you cross it to, to be able to spot the alien tech dom plants from the others.

what we know about alien tech from people that have grown crosses and such.

1-it adds resin and trich corverage
2-it grows short with tighter internodes, more a main cola type not alot of crazy side branching.
3-brings out cherry flavors and sents undertones in its crosses.
4-it doesnt seem to be any more dominate in its crosses then the plant its crossed to. the offspring result in a good ratio of 50/50 mix to 25% being alien tech 25% being the mother plant.

with the alein kush male not many people have the lvpk so its gonna be a bit harder to tell the differnce.

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
you dont need to know exactly what alien tech looks like if you have grown out every plant you cross it to, to be able to spot the alien tech dom plants from the others.

what we know about alien tech from people that have grown crosses and such.

2-it grows short with tighter internodes, more a main cola type not alot of crazy side branching.
4-it doesnt seem to be any more dominate in its crosses then the plant its crossed to. the offspring result in a good ratio of 50/50 mix to 25% being alien tech 25% being the mother plant.

with the alein kush male not many people have the lvpk so its gonna be a bit harder to tell the differnce.

Excellent post.

Best description of Alien so far.

Thanks KT!

N

nvthis

Sorry, folks, for the abrupt ending to this journal. In the confusion of you-know-who parting from the farm, my own motivations were under the scope. I continued this journal where he was supposed to show up as I felt, at the time, that (and I new this, even at the time, to be highly unlikely) this journal would be better served, as an information gathering vehicle, within his reach. Unfortunately he never really showed up there either. So in a way it turned out to be some what of a complete and utter failure. Well, not totally maybe.. I still finished the grow. These quotes from Kid Twist were left a few posts back, and I want to take a moment to review my own limited findings with his assesments. Remember, though, these are specific to Alien Kush only and no other Alien crosses...

It is possible. At least some of the time.. I really only had one, maybe 2 phenos from 6 that evenly matched or out triched the LVPK.. Coincidentally or not, these were from the wide leaf phenos.. The other 4 were, of course, the thinner leaf phenos. And, as would be most likely expected, the thinner leaf phenos produced a much lighter and airier bud..

I am inclined to agree, I think.. Really no opinion here..

I got nothing with cherry undertones during flowering, however I am in the first month of cure, so I can only guess this might still apply? I did have one pheno (thin leaf) that carried a distinct grapish scent until about week 6 or so..

As far as I have seen, and understanding there would be no way to truly tell without a pure representation from both parents and subsequent crosses tested. I will say that none of the Alien Kush really even remotely resembled LVPK at all. In fact LVPK in smell and flavor, to me, more closely resembled Bubba. Not a match, but a resemblence with coffee/hash undertones and bud comp. None of the Aliens would fall under this description.

Another thing of note: The thicker leaved phenos where very hardy plants, but the smallest yielding. The thinner leaved phenos (all of them) were very tempermental with their feed. It took work to keep them green and their nute intake seemed a little squirrly.

OBS once described one of his Aliens as having an "effervescense". Trimming the thickest leaf pheno was the first time I ever had bud make my eyes sting like chopping fresh onion. Weird.. The smell was chemical cleaner and did offer a tickle to the inside of my nose. Also, this was the one pheno I knew I would probably be keeping around..

Purps.. LVPK showed a tendancy to purp just a little at the end of flower. Colder temps may exaggerate this, but not by a whole lot IMO. 4 of 6 Aliens purped up to varying degrees. 2 started early, 2 matched the timing of LVPK, and 2 never blinked at all. Oddly, the pheno presenting the mild but definite grapish smell stayed completely green through the entire grow.

LVPK was the heavy when it came to yield. Some of the Aliens did pretty well themselves, but with much fluffier bud.

Ok, that is all I can think of for the moment..

Thanks to Kid Twist for helping this process along ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom