Alien Genetics - Grow Log from Seed - Pure Coco, CO2

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
You are most likely right. In my experience, I had started some AK47. Selected 2 of 6. Of the 2 one of them, around fouth/fifth node began with a leaf variegation (simlar to Dodge). I thought cool. It grew out similar leaves on that side. Eventually it was over looked as there was no real negative affects as far as plant performance. Further on down the road more clones began showing the trait, but more mottled and swirled, once again no real negative results. Not certain if that was TMV. That AK was amazing, unlike the crap AKs out there now a days
Sounds like you definitely had a pathogen of some kind, and if you say there were minimal negative results, it could have been TMV because the only real negative aside from the visual discoloration is that you have a reduced yield. I hope that by the new year (when I have finished this botany class on plant pathogens) I feel confident enough to spit out more detailed symptoms to diagnose different plant problems. So far we have just set up a bunch of sample plants that we infected with a bunch of pathogens (including a dozen or so tobacco plants that we gave TMV) and haven't had a chance to come back and observe the disease symptoms they have caused.

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

Killing it Meeks.....damn those tables look Pimp looks like they are gonna fill in proper for you......so the nutrient switch is going well I assume? judging by the plants they look super happy and a beautiful green color in them as well......your campus looks like one hell of a spot to go to school got some beautiful scenery around there and looks like sun for days...anyways meeks just wanted to stop back in and say how great everything is looking.....keep it up bro!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Killing it Meeks.....damn those tables look Pimp looks like they are gonna fill in proper for you......so the nutrient switch is going well I assume? judging by the plants they look super happy and a beautiful green color in them as well......your campus looks like one hell of a spot to go to school got some beautiful scenery around there and looks like sun for days...anyways meeks just wanted to stop back in and say how great everything is looking.....keep it up bro!
Thanks so much for always supporting/following my grows Mitch, it has been cool settling in to this forum over the last year and having you around to share the experience with. The tables are fuller than they have ever been since I built them, and I am getting greedy just thinking about how much of a harvest I am going to have! On that note, I can't believe I ever wasted my time (for a whole year no less) running those over priced, watered down, poorly balanced, pretty picture House&Garden nutrients!!! I love working with the Jack's Hydro and Calcium Nitrate from JRPeters so much because every time I feed my plants they tell me how happy they are! No burnt tips, no deficiency outside of minor Mg (me playing with the perfect Epsom salt ratio) and happy praying leaves to the light every day until lights out!
*shout out to ChronicMonster, DesertSquirrell, Capulator, WobblyGoblin, Waayne, SnowBlind, and the many others who made the thread about over-priced hydro nutrients that saved me from my old ways*

My campus is really nice, great part of the state and country, but funny you mention the sun for days. . . . it was 104°F (40°C) out today and I was on campus collecting bug specimens for my Entomology class all afternoon! Got home to see that my grow room hit a high of 79°F (26°C) because my Fujitsu Split A/C kills it!

Thanks again for stopping by Mitch, I'm stoked to see your girls start showing off soon too!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Thanks so much for always supporting/following my grows Mitch, it has been cool settling in to this forum over the last year and having you around to share the experience with. The tables are fuller than they have ever been since I built them, and I am getting greedy just thinking about how much of a harvest I am going to have! On that note, I can't believe I ever wasted my time (for a whole year no less) running those over priced, watered down, poorly balanced, pretty picture House&Garden nutrients!!! I love working with the Jack's Hydro and Calcium Nitrate from JRPeters so much because every time I feed my plants they tell me how happy they are! No burnt tips, no deficiency outside of minor Mg (me playing with the perfect Epsom salt ratio) and happy praying leaves to the light every day until lights out!
*shout out to ChronicMonster, DesertSquirrell, Capulator, WobblyGoblin, Waayne, SnowBlind, and the many others who made the thread about over-priced hydro nutrients that saved me from my old ways*

My campus is really nice, great part of the state and country, but funny you mention the sun for days. . . . it was 104°F (40°C) out today and I was on campus collecting bug specimens for my Entomology class all afternoon! Got home to see that my grow room hit a high of 79°F (26°C) because my Fujitsu Split A/C kills it!

Thanks again for stopping by Mitch, I'm stoked to see your girls start showing off soon too!
Nmeeks you didn't like house and Garden at all or just overpriced , Reason I ask is because I just got there entire line , except the Aqua flakes A & B for like 70 bucks as dude was moving and wanted to just unload the stuff , I am a soil organic grower but the root exculerator was priced at 77.00 alone so I grabbed everything that could be used in soil , bud xl . zen, and like four other i can't think of now just to have , I couldn't resist the price was well over 500 and i paid 110 for them all and a nine light t'5 tank and a co2 (titan) tank and a high speed fan ...don't plan on using the house and garden, but whats your take on them besides the high price , which would factor in to me , also now i think of it I got drip clean and cocoa flakes a & b but they seem to be hydro stuff, really have not read much on them yet , but for soil i can use top booster, bud xl , zen, and root exculerator which i seen on ebay yesterday bidded up to 155 ...? thanks for all you answer for me nmeeks I TRULY APPRECIATE it, respect soser

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hey Soser, I was able to make the H&G nutrients work for me, but it wasn't easy, and it certainly wasn't perfect even when I had things going smoothly. They run way too much N in their mix and in general just can't give a consistent answer across their different platforms (directions on the bottle often conflict with directions online and then again conflict with directions if you call the company). The deal you got sounds incredible though, so I can't say the price would be the problem for you, but in my opinion even General Hydroponics is over priced, and that is like 1/3 the price of H&G, their RE and newer silica product especially is ridiculous. But like I said, even when I had a decent handle on the nutrients, I always had to keep my eye on the leaves and correct the inevitable minor deficiencies that would show up almost weekly with a foliar feed or two. . . . taking a chunk out of my yield every time there was a deficiency! I think the equipment you got will serve you better than the liquid nutrients, is my simple answer.

-Meeks

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Waaay late getting here but i'm up to speed and tuned in. Definetly interested in the geek stuff!!
It's awesome to have you here BirdDog, thanks for taking the time to catch up and settle in!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Hey Soser, I was able to make the H&G nutrients work for me, but it wasn't easy, and it certainly wasn't perfect even when I had things going smoothly. They run way too much N in their mix and in general just can't give a consistent answer across their different platforms (directions on the bottle often conflict with directions online and then again conflict with directions if you call the company). The deal you got sounds incredible though, so I can't say the price would be the problem for you, but in my opinion even General Hydroponics is over priced, and that is like 1/3 the price of H&G, their RE and newer silica product especially is ridiculous. But like I said, even when I had a decent handle on the nutrients, I always had to keep my eye on the leaves and correct the inevitable minor deficiencies that would show up almost weekly with a foliar feed or two. . . . taking a chunk out of my yield every time there was a deficiency! I think the equipment you got will serve you better than the liquid nutrients, is my simple answer.

-Meeks
I noticed that as I was looking at the liquid zen it stated something completely different than the web site directions , oh well there pretty bottles and look nice on the shelf , thanks bro..... soser

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Just thought I would give everyone a heads up, new photo update coming tonight (7 hours from now) after the lights go out so I can get some dark shots. Sorry for the lack of updates this week, things have been cruising along steadily without a hitch so I didn't really have much to report. Plus, I wanted to wait a week for photos so you could all get blown away with the growth in just 7 days!

I can't say enough good things about the Lemon Alien Dawg cross made by the Alien Genetics crew, all 4 females I got out of the 5 seeds I popped have turned out to be absolutely incredible genotypes!! It's going to be really tough to pick a favorite.

Check back tonight!!

-Meeks:D

soserthc1

soserthc1

Just thought I would give everyone a heads up, new photo update coming tonight (7 hours from now) after the lights go out so I can get some dark shots. Sorry for the lack of updates this week, things have been cruising along steadily without a hitch so I didn't really have much to report. Plus, I wanted to wait a week for photos so you could all get blown away with the growth in just 7 days!

I can't say enough good things about the Lemon Alien Dawg cross made by the Alien Genetics crew, all 4 females I got out of the 5 seeds I popped have turned out to be absolutely incredible genotypes!! It's going to be really tough to pick a favorite.

Check back tonight!!

-Meeks:D
for sure.... if the Alien genetic's keep coming this good , mother rooms are gonna double in size for all Alien fan's , cant wait for them pictures bro and the stretch with these genetic's seem to be 2.5 times flip. I flipped at 14in and at 38' now but seemed to almost be at the limit now. These will make beast outside next year if giving full season, check out caregiver ken's outside plants and he planted them late...... peace brotha meeks......

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Hey Farmers! I know it's a little after when I said I would have these pics up, but I got some really nice shots in my opinion so I hope you all enjoy them as much as I am right now! I will do a bit more detailed update tomorrow sometime, but for now I just wanna share the pictures because I think they pretty much speak for themselves!

Day 28 of 12/12 lighting!

IMG 5284
IMG 5285
IMG 5287
IMG 5293
IMG 5296
IMG 5297
IMG 5298
IMG 5299
IMG 5301
IMG 5304
IMG 5305

-Meeks:cool:

Mogrow

Mogrow

nice shots nMeeks, you were right. LAD rocks, so do the grenades, got some at about day 60 now.:)
keep up the good work.
peace mogrow

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Heck yea bro thats wassup!!! Those are some beauties indeed. Lemon Alien Dawg is actually pretty high on my next to get list. Keep up the GREEN work bruh!
Thanks 619ster! These ladies are practically taking care of themselves, but I am gonna do a bit of an update below talking about what I have been doing to get such good results this round. Get the LADs asap!

nice shots nMeeks, you were right. LAD rocks, so do the grenades, got some at about day 60 now.:)
keep up the good work.
peace mogrow
Thanks Mogrow, the Grenades have really lemony smells right now, especially one, but they didn't stretch as much, and aren't swelling as early/fast as the LADs, which stacked almost as nicely! I hope they catch up because the strong lemon is really what I'm looking for in a keeper this round.

Okay, so I didn't say much recently about what I have been doing because I wasn't really sure how I was doing so well using these JRPeters nutrients for the first time and growing a 5 strain crop all with the same feeding, and I was afraid of sharing blind luck information that was going to go sour at some point. . . . but I think I can confidently share my feeding up to this point saying that it works really well for the first half of the flowering cycle.

I have been sticking to the 3-2-1 ratio as its called but technically it is 3.0g Pro Hydro, .005g MOST, 1.0g Epsom Salt, and 1.8g Calcium Nitrate. . . mixed in that order and then diluted to the desired EC. This has produced green healthy zero deficiency plants through veg and flower up to week 4 so far, and I will let you know how it goes after its finished.

So I have been doing a pretty simple feeding routine, since I am using pure coco and doing Drain to Waste it doesn't take much to keep things happy. I am still watering by hand this run, mostly because I like getting in close with my plants when I water and I also like the smaller batches I can mix up while this is still my first run with the nutrients. Early on in flower I was watering a little over a gallon every other day, but by week 2 I was watering around a gallon a day based on how dry the media was getting. For the most part I never let the media get completely dry, with the exception of two times on day 20/21 to kick in flowering extra hard, and currently at day 29/30 to boost the flowers a little more while new calyxes are still being produced. On those two occasions I wanted extra oxygen to get to the roots so I had to let the media get a little drier than normal, which means the salt content was going to seem like it was going up to the plant. . . . so to prepare for the dry spells, I would feed with 1.0-1.3 EC solution as a flush instead of the normal 1.6-1.8 so that as the media dried out the plants wouldn't get burnt. This has worked perfectly so far and I hope to do it one more time around day 39/40 before a touch of homemade MOAB and then flush to harvest. I think that about covers the feeding I have been doing. There hasn't been the need for any foliar feedings, but I did do a foliar of Silica and Epsom salt at around 10 days I believe, before I raised the level of epsom salt in the nutrient solution from .5g to 1.0g.

The only other note-worthy thing I have done is a little more defoliation, about as many leaves as last time were removed again, just to keep the canopy open and light penetrating, as the leaves continue to grow in size some have to be removed. The buds are looking really nice all the way up the colas at this point, and the colas are over a foot long so thats pretty awesome in my book!

I hope you are all still enjoying the log, this room is gonna keep feeding heavily and be even fatter by the next big update on Friday, but for now here are just a couple more photos I took today to hold you over through the week.

IMG 5321
IMG 5322

-Meeks:)

KILLERCHEF420

KILLERCHEF420

Looking good nMEEKS they're frosty as hell man good work and ive seen so many people have good results with the JRPeters seems like some awesome gear anyway keep killing it bro

PEACE
KILLERCHEF

funkysmoker

funkysmoker

Thanks 619ster! These ladies are practically taking care of themselves, but I am gonna do a bit of an update below talking about what I have been doing to get such good results this round. Get the LADs asap!

Thanks Mogrow, the Grenades have really lemony smells right now, especially one, but they didn't stretch as much, and aren't swelling as early/fast as the LADs, which stacked almost as nicely! I hope they catch up because the strong lemon is really what I'm looking for in a keeper this round.

Okay, so I didn't say much recently about what I have been doing because I wasn't really sure how I was doing so well using these JRPeters nutrients for the first time and growing a 5 strain crop all with the same feeding, and I was afraid of sharing blind luck information that was going to go sour at some point. . . . but I think I can confidently share my feeding up to this point saying that it works really well for the first half of the flowering cycle.

I have been sticking to the 3-2-1 ratio as its called but technically it is 3.0g Pro Hydro, .005g MOST, 1.0g Epsom Salt, and 1.8g Calcium Nitrate. . . mixed in that order and then diluted to the desired EC. This has produced green healthy zero deficiency plants through veg and flower up to week 4 so far, and I will let you know how it goes after its finished.

So I have been doing a pretty simple feeding routine, since I am using pure coco and doing Drain to Waste it doesn't take much to keep things happy. I am still watering by hand this run, mostly because I like getting in close with my plants when I water and I also like the smaller batches I can mix up while this is still my first run with the nutrients. Early on in flower I was watering a little over a gallon every other day, but by week 2 I was watering around a gallon a day based on how dry the media was getting. For the most part I never let the media get completely dry, with the exception of two times on day 20/21 to kick in flowering extra hard, and currently at day 29/30 to boost the flowers a little more while new calyxes are still being produced. On those two occasions I wanted extra oxygen to get to the roots so I had to let the media get a little drier than normal, which means the salt content was going to seem like it was going up to the plant. . . . so to prepare for the dry spells, I would feed with 1.0-1.3 EC solution as a flush instead of the normal 1.6-1.8 so that as the media dried out the plants wouldn't get burnt. This has worked perfectly so far and I hope to do it one more time around day 39/40 before a touch of homemade MOAB and then flush to harvest. I think that about covers the feeding I have been doing. There hasn't been the need for any foliar feedings, but I did do a foliar of Silica and Epsom salt at around 10 days I believe, before I raised the level of epsom salt in the nutrient solution from .5g to 1.0g.

The only other note-worthy thing I have done is a little more defoliation, about as many leaves as last time were removed again, just to keep the canopy open and light penetrating, as the leaves continue to grow in size some have to be removed. The buds are looking really nice all the way up the colas at this point, and the colas are over a foot long so thats pretty awesome in my book!

I hope you are all still enjoying the log, this room is gonna keep feeding heavily and be even fatter by the next big update on Friday, but for now here are just a couple more photos I took today to hold you over through the week.

View attachment 257790View attachment 257791

hello sir I WOULD LOVE IF YOU COULD ELABORATE ON THE SMELL AND DENSITY AT THIS POINT ON YOUR ALIEN GEAR YOU HAVE GOING , i AM INTERESTED IN TRYING SOME BUT CANT AFFORD THE WHOLE LINE OF LADY'S , MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME ON MY CHOICE . YOUR INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED .

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Looking good nMEEKS they're frosty as hell man good work and ive seen so many people have good results with the JRPeters seems like some awesome gear anyway keep killing it bro

PEACE
KILLERCHEF
Thanks KILLERCHEF, They have caked on the frost in the last couple days and put on a decent amount of weight too! Anyone who is okay with growing hydro (rather than organic) should seriously consider the JRPeters line!

AWESOME!!!!!!! That is some killer hydro rite there i cant wait to see them in a few weeks!!!!!!!
Much appreciated ProdigyG, having always been a hydro grower, I am pleased to say this is shaping up to be my very best hydro run to date. . . . and it's my first run with some new strains and new nutrients!! Check back on Friday nights for new photo updates.

hello sir I WOULD LOVE IF YOU COULD ELABORATE ON THE SMELL AND DENSITY AT THIS POINT ON YOUR ALIEN GEAR YOU HAVE GOING , i AM INTERESTED IN TRYING SOME BUT CANT AFFORD THE WHOLE LINE OF LADY'S , MAYBE YOU CAN HELP ME ON MY CHOICE . YOUR INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED .
Hey funkysmoker, thanks for stopping by. I would be happy to share with you the smells that I was getting last week when I took some notes on each plant, and I can also say hands down this is some of the fastest producing and highest density buds I have seen! So with no hype at all, here is my honest opinion of my 6 Alien Genetics seedlings at around 3.5-4 weeks.

Alien Grenades:
I have two very different genotypes from this pack. They both have minimal stretch, maybe 50-75% of starting height is added at flip, and by the time stretch is completely done they are at most double in size. The difference between the two is the number of buds and the speed of swell. One plant has an amazing sour lemon candy smell to it that blows your mind when u get a sniff, and it has stacked buds close enough to now be touching each other all the way up the stems. That same plant is swelling faster and already has about 10-15% orange hairs actually! The other Alien grenade genotype stacked buds even more densely on the stems, but the smell is much sweeter (still lemon but the sweetness is upfront) and the buds have only just started to swell recently, so I think the final size will be smaller or the finish time will be longer.

Lemon Alien Dawgs:
These would be my hands down recommendation if you can only grab one pack! You need to have a setup that can handle stretch, as these girls are easily 3 times larger than when I flipped them, and the colas that show up out of nowhere in the first 2 weeks are all stacked really nicely (not as nicely as the grenades but close on a couple). These plants have been giving off much sweeter and kushier smells. I have gone back and forth a lot with the smell profile I get for each plant, sometimes changing daily, but some of the distinct smells I have definitely gotten are: Black Licorice, Cinnamon, Rosemary, Clove, Sweet-purps, Sweet lemon, and Kushy lemon! The yield is going to be insane with these girls, some of the largest buds I have ever seen with a 100% white hair bud at only week 4!

On the subject of density, that is going to change so dramatically in the next couple weeks, but I can already tell there will be no issues with density on any plants except the one Alien Grenade I mentioned that is only just now starting to show swollen calyxes. . . . that one may be a tosser.

I hope all that helps, I gotta run to class, but let me know if there is anything else you are looking for. I would be happy to help.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Wow magnificent photos, scrog, and mid-flower report Meeks!
Thanks a bunch Shady!

I have to eat my own words now though. . . . I spoke too highly of the Lemon Alien Dawgs too soon I think. . . . I just went into my garden and was confronted with visible seeds in multiple plants. . . . .and I'm not just talking one or two, these plants are gonna be seedy as fuck :mad: . . . .So I have to take some blame of course, I clearly was not diligent enough in my inspects of the two Lemon Alien Dawg plants in my back corner (Labeled #1 and #5), as I was only checking the under canopy and then the upper canopy (which both looked really good), and for what I would have to guess is atleast a week or two now they have been hermaphroditic and busting pollen all over my beautiful ladies :mad:!!! I'm so pissed! There is no way I can say this is anything but the genetics fault, my feedings have been extremely consistent and all my plants (including these actually) have looked to be in perfect health since before flowering even began. . . .FUCK! I will post more on this later I have to get stupid high to not flip out right now. . . .

Top Bottom