All Aboard -Bubba Express

• Thread starter OpTikFiber
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Hey yall! -ALL ABOARD

Got a pack of Billy Goat's Bubba Express a while back, from here at The Farm. I started 3 seeds. Two of the three were pretty short and just "great" looking. Well as it turned out the short-shits were the boys, lol. So I got 1 female from 3 beans, great!

Took a couple clones and ran that female through bud cycle, somewhat, well till like day 30. This strain is *VERY* finicky to excess N it seems; ie straight Fox Farm Ocean Forest. I had her in a 1 gallon pot with FFOF only and almost every leaf on the plant was curled, which caused male pollen sacks to appear and open. So I never finished her, she got a bad start in bud-cycle, which was my fault. Live and Learn.

All aboard  bubba express 7

Bubba express seedling1

Bubba express seedling2

NEXT GEN: I am about to repot the girl in the photos below and probably will go 40%FFOF and 60%FFLW. --That is the mix I typically use for small veg cycle clones and "it's light" imo for bud cycle or larger plants.

Hope you like the "glamor shots" of my Bubba Express below!! ;) I am about to upgrade to a 1 gallon, just wanted to take these photos first, plus I just had watered a day or two ago.

She went 49days from cutting in my Veg Cycle of 18on/6off under T5's.

I topped this plant just one time. You can really see the Oriental Express plant structure, but with those big fat, almost trademark Bubba leaves!
Bubba express 49days veg   1days bud from cutting

Bubba express 49days veg   1days bud from cutting 1

Bubba express 49days veg   1days bud from cutting 2

Bubba express 49days veg   1days bud from cutting 3

Hope you enjoyed the photos guys, I will try to take more photos and update this some while the grow takes place. Hopefully I won't mess her up this time :itwasntme

:D -Peace!

E

Eggman

Very nice pics OpTikFiber. I missed out on those and it`s nice to see good shots of what I hope to grow it the future. I`ve yet to grow a straight Bubba but I`m just finishing up a few Bubba x Deep Chunk and I see what you mean about the large leaves. Really like that last pic as you can get a good look at the structure. All of BG`s gear looks distinctive to me.
Best of luck with these and I look forward to the show.
Take care
Eggman

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Very nice pics OpTikFiber. I missed out on those and it`s nice to see good shots of what I hope to grow it the future. I`ve yet to grow a straight Bubba but I`m just finishing up a few Bubba x Deep Chunk and I see what you mean about the large leaves. Really like that last pic as you can get a good look at the structure. All of BG`s gear looks distinctive to me.
Best of luck with these and I look forward to the show.
Take care
Eggman

Thanks Eggman. Yeah I have never grown straight Bubba either, but have seen a lot of it on here and youtube :)

Thanks again!

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Ok, calling this 15 days of 12/12!
Coming along just fine it seems to me. :tongueout

Here are some quick shots...

Bubba Express   Bud 15days 1

Bubba Express   Bud 15days 2

Bubba Express   Bud 15days 3

Bubba Express   Bud 15days 4

Bubba Express   Bud 15days 5

Bubba Express   Bud 15days 6

Bubba Express   Bud 15days

B

biggs

looking good so far mate. i reckon this ones going to be killa!!:anim_30:

Billygoat

Billygoat

these should show some nice hybrids in them. Wait till they start really flowering out. You should see some nice plants. Give them a run and then dial them in. You will be very happy with these. They seem to be a cross that will do very well. They look fine and I'm sure they are going to bounce back just fine. Thanks again for sharing the pictures and info.
Take care,
BG

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Check this out 74days Bubba Express

Hey everyone! Well I have a little update to add.

I still have the big girl above here going strong. Burned her a little but she is really really really ok :) She is about 2.75ft. I was hesident to show her off because of her blimishes, but it's dank so I gotta share. I'll upload a few pics soon of her...

But today I have something pretty interesting for you to see. I had 3 small BE that I put in "2 liter" pots 74 days ago. They also got burned...see a pattern...I'm really am tring not to nuke them all lol...I got too use to feeding my afghan kush stain who obviously can take anything....anyway I digress ;)

I hate my present camera, bare with the photos, it's the best I could do with this p.o.s. camera. But with a little scoop I did get some DIY macros. ...ghetto fabulous macros that is :D

Bubba Express   74days Bud a Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud a 1 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud a 2 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 1 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 2 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 3 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 4 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 5 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 6 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 7 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 8 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 9 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 10 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 11 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 12 Large

There is just a tinge of what seems to be purple tipped bracts seen here. It's nothing to write home about I guess but I wasn't expecting to see this :)
Bubba Express   74days Bud 13 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 14 Large

Just a little sample, I'm going to let them go a few more days, at least one more watering. I just can't take it anymore I have to try my first home grown sativa-bomb.
Bubba Express   74days Bud 15 Large

Bubba Express   74days Bud 16 Large

There is just a "special" look about these buds so I am really excited to try the sample I have in a few days. The smell is um...weird? Yeah, I have no idea how to describe it except musty. Not sweet, not peppery, maybe I hear people describe with the words black licorish. I don't know yet, we will have to wait for the smoke test to get a smell/flavor. Kinda stumped on it actually lol.

Well anyway hope you guys enjoyed the pics (even with my crispy leaves) and I'll show that big girl prob. this weekend, she is all bamboo sticked up, has much bigger buds than these little plants and really getting nice and crystally! l8r guyz.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
nice looking nugs bro. how they smelling? they look like they could go a few weeks longer think they will fill in a bit more

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
What light did you flower them under?

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Ok cool I will let them go a while longer! I kind of explain the smell above at the end of the post. Man the best way to describe it is when you open up a tent that got stored wet. Just like damp, musty. It's kind of odd.

They are under a 600, but just were always kinda pushed to the side and the light is as high as it goes now to accommodate my larger plants. Everything got way too crowed for a while. I getting away from doing short sea of greens and going toward larger 1 gallon pots. Haha, yeah I know they are little looking, but no cfls or anything silly like that ;) Now I've gotta show the bigger girl to you guys, probably more impressive size wise, definitely buds size is much bigger.

E

edux10

haha, nice, wet tent smell!! lol

my grape krush smells like what i all "meat". not really rotten at all, but like fresh hamburger. I always was thinking about making a few strains with names that arent that appealing. Everything out today has a name that sounds nice and tasty dank. We need some Sour Rotten Egg Gas or Week Old Drunk Puke!

Billygoat

Billygoat

Evening,

sorry, I didn't post sooner. For some reason it slipped my mind. Was working with my agent the last couple of days and trying to plan out the future.

Those girls look pretty nice. For the size of the container you got them in and placing them outside the edge of the tent. Just think of how well they would have done in larger container's and under the light more.

Not ripping on you what's so ever. Just saying they did well, but could have done better. Either way, you did a AWESOME job. Thanks for sharing the pictures and info. I can understand what your saying about smell.

I know what your saying and come across pheno's that I can't figure out and have others sample and give me their input. Wait till they are all cured up. I'm betting they will change their smell on you.

Thanks again for the info and pictures. Means allot and thanks for the support.
Take care,
BG

The Joker

The Joker

What's in it beside Bubba? Bubba can handle nutes . I grew her in hydro and never gave such a high ppm (peaking at 1600 in week 5 ) with no leaf tip burn. She did burn a tiny bit with MOAB in week 8.

Nice looking plants. Bubba crosses look better than Bubba. Bubba makes tiny round buds that are mostly leaf which is great for hash but leaves you with tiny buds.

Good work. Definitely write a smoke report.

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

She is so tall :)

Hey everyone,

Thanks Billy Goat for the kindness!!

I am trying to show off the strain and document something that no one else has, *not* show my broken growing skills. :) Lets say I am learning what not to do...a lot, haha. I am tring to sharpen me skillz!!!! :D

Ok this lady is 38 days on 12/12. She stretched alot in the first couple weeks....perfect for scrog it looks like. The bamboo sticks are 3ft pushed all the way into the 1 gallon. Without the sticks she would be a big octopus! That is one reason I showed the 2-liter plants so you guys could see a little mini-octopus action.

Not pictured I already put another Bubba Express into Bud cycle about 3-4 days ago. I only vegged for like 14 days this time :) And I have a couple other satives riding with her, I am thinking about stretching a little net above them and doing a scrog. My space is just too small to keep making 3 ft tall plants....I do need to pimp my grow space though..ehehe. :> I'll show this BE in a day or too...it's pretty still.

I haven't smoked it yet but it looks magical...I'm super siked up to try my little sample in a couple days.

Well peace and pot guys and thanks again BG for being so cool!

Bubba Express  38 days bud

Bubba Express  38 days bud 1

Bubba Express  38 days bud 2

Bubba Express  38 days bud 3

Bubba Express  38 days bud 4

Bubba Express  38 days bud 5

Bubba Express  38 days bud 6

Bubba Express  38 days bud 7

Bubba Express  38 days bud 8

Bubba Express  38 days bud 9

Bubba Express  38 days bud 10

Billygoat

Billygoat

Morning,

nice to see the girl doing well. They are good for SCROG and you can thanks the Trainwreck and Thai. You will see some people compaining some. I say someone they they had to get rid of some, because of the stretch. I don't know what they expected for having Thai and Trainwreck genes. New grower's looking at to many Kush pictures in the magazine. lolol

Any ways, your doing a great job. The end result will be good. These are F1's and people need to grow a pack out and find the pheno type that is perfect for them. There is going to be pheno's that are more on the Bubba side. This will keep them lower. Glad to see these in flower. Thanks for sharing the info and pictures.
Take care,
BG

Z

zoeronerer

stretch is great you just have to know when to flip em ....

cuts down on your veg time 2 ....

looking tasty fiber good luck dialing these in .

keep on truckin

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

stretch is great you just have to know when to flip em ....

cuts down on your veg time 2 ....

looking tasty fiber good luck dialing these in .

keep on truckin

I *totally* agree! My last one I put in Bud Cycle I think I only vegged for 11 days and it looks to be perfect size for my setup! Also I am not going to put anything in that soil except RO Water for a while, lol! They don't like food too much.

I am thinking of cutting those 3 little 2-litter pots tonight when the light comes on, it has been 10 days since I last really looked at them.

Peace & pot yall!

Billygoat

Billygoat

Hey OpTikFiber,

looking forward to seeing them once they are all dried and cured. Your in for a treat for sure. Thanks for the pictures and info. Can't wait to see how you like the BE.
Take care,
BG

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

What's in it beside Bubba? Bubba can handle nutes . I grew her in hydro and never gave such a high ppm (peaking at 1600 in week 5 ) with no leaf tip burn. She did burn a tiny bit with MOAB in week 8.

Nice looking plants. Bubba crosses look better than Bubba. Bubba makes tiny round buds that are mostly leaf which is great for hash but leaves you with tiny buds.

Good work. Definitely write a smoke report.

Hey thanks for the kind words, sorry I missed your post before! The mix with Bubba is Billy Goat's, Oriental Express. I am pretty sure it has Thai in it, and I am also pretty sure Billy Goat said the OE doesn't care for much feeding either. I also have Banana Smack from Billy Goat, also has Thai, also doesn't like much food.

I have a Afghan Kush from an Amsterdam company, it's is like you said, an endless hole for nutrients, lol. Seems like you almost can't burn 'em.

I have never personally smoked Bubba, just heard of it's fame. I was at a Phish concert the other night and I smelled soooooo much bud that reminded me of the Bubba Express...so I am wondering if My Mystery Smell is the Bubba part?! lol ok not very accurate :)

Thx again Joker.

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Hey OpTikFiber,

looking forward to seeing them once they are all dried and cured. Your in for a treat for sure. Thanks for the pictures and info. Can't wait to see how you like the BE.
Take care,
BG

Hey there, hope the 4th is going good....stop working so much on a holiday, lol! Well I have a *good* feeling you are right about a treat, the little sample I had the other night had me laughing out loud by myself at some stupid TV show, I had a perma-grin it seemed like!! I will definitely get some dry pics next week.

Well I did pull out the Bubba Expresses, watered them, took a couple photos on Friday night and stuck the 3 lil girls in a dark closet till this evening (Sunday). So I will actually cut them tonight.

But took a couple last live photos.

@Kid Twist --In retrospect I am very glad I waited to pull them, you had good advice! Thx

First a pic with their bamboo sticks, and then a pic without (I put the sticks back in for their dark period).
Bubba Express   85days Bud Cycle

Bubba Express   85days Bud Cycle 1

I did clean this girl up for these photos, lol, I took a couple pics with all those brown leaves...too ugly, had to show the pretty.. :D These photos don't quite do the crystals justice...bad camera.

Bubba Express   85days Bud Cycle 2

Bubba Express   85days Bud Cycle 3

Bubba Express   85days Bud Cycle 4

Bubba Express   85days Bud Cycle 5

OF COURSE photos of dry buds coming next week!! :420:

Latest posts

Top Bottom