All In! 10 Keepers, Veg To Finish

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steelcanaries

nicee....lookin good Dunge...nice n healthy! That Wilma sounds like a wicked hybrid....nice job on the selection Cap.....sounds like a winner for sure.....some of those pics above...that first one is crazy awesome....killer cross.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Five weeks into 12/12 (tomorrow) and time for a photo shoot.
Using phone camera with black paper backstop and flash on.
HPS left on. (May need to turn them off next time)
View attachment 466143 View attachment 466144 View attachment 466145 View attachment 466146 View attachment 466147
View attachment 466148 View attachment 466149 View attachment 466150 View attachment 466151 View attachment 466152
Dramatic reminder:
I have never run five of these ten plants.
Que high tension sound track.
@Billyboat was that 70 day Wilma a harvest shot?

Yea that was 70 days.

Dunge

Dunge

Jumped the gun again, so tomorrow is

6 Weeks under 12/12
6Week

Shot under white LED and phone flash.
Attempted to make like size.
Seems to have worked, because the size difference seen in the collage is seen by eye.
Drama de jour: Got a hermy warning on the Dirty White Bud from whom it was gifted.
Thanks for the heads up, but I'm going to let her run as I need to taste that big bud if I can.
Hoping but watching closely.
Also, hit them all with some pollen from another new friend.
Should see some changes soon if it's going to take, right?

Dunge

Dunge

Didn't bother to work my way back to a few.
Getting that background grid requires a bear hug maneuver.
2014December1ann2

I'm starting to see some flower differentiation and good size.
If some of these bigger buds hold up in flavor and effect, they will be staying with me forever.
And, of the girls that have been with me for some cycles, the TahoeOG is currently my goto for what ails ya. (or as I see in the picture "hoe OG")
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays or whatever else helps you have good thoughts.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

DWB is my fault, some of the sisters sprung anthers (no pollen), but I thought this one was ok (with caveat up front). Should have known better, but she's an absolute monster and her oils are highly medicinal. Maybe crazy, but I'd consider running her again anyway just for extraction purposes.

To clarify the Wilmas, I was referring to effects and not so much the structure. @Janus pointed out the obvious contradiction in my photos. The #5 pheno is the yielder, tastes and smells like milky FP cereal, with more indica OG effects. The buds stack tight, but they are like resin crusted sativa krispy treats. #4 is stretchier, tropical and fruity, maybe a hint of pine as it matures, with a very smooth Colombian sativa high and no ceiling. Come to think of it #5 doesn't have much of a ceiling either, it's just so strong to the head that I use little and rarely.

Dunge

Dunge

Today is 8 weeks of 12/12.
It's a group shot, as I don't care to wade in there to get good pics.
Flowers are getting heavy and got that droop going on.
One small cluster of nanners were plucked from a TrainWreck bud, but otherwise all is well.
Looks like 9 to 10 weeks should finish them off.
Harvest shots are next.
20150102 110053

H

happy b

Hey man the wilmas ,dirty white bud and trainwreck look like they yeilded more from these shots.is that the case or is it just the way the pics look?bud photos can often be deceiving when looking at dize but those three definetly look a bit bigger to my eye although every single one looks awsome.

Dunge

Dunge

Hey man the wilmas ,dirty white bud and trainwreck look like they yeilded more from these shots.is that the case or is it just the way the pics look?bud photos can often be deceiving when looking at dize but those three definetly look a bit bigger to my eye although every single one looks awsome.
I took care to frame the harvest shots, so the look of this set very much tracks the facts.
The ones that look monster are in fact monsters.

Dunge

Dunge

Harvest numbers

The third column is % of total yield.
I would like to see this number close to 10, so clearly I had some under performers.

At this writing I am performing the first test from this harvest and am able to report Mango as a safe and effective herb for what ails ya.
She came highly recommended, and the low yield is likely due to her being in flower long before I put her under 12/12.
I am told she needs long veg lighting, or she will flower.
This trait is a first for me, but makes sense that an individual plant might have wildly variant needs.
Who doesn't?
She did produce the most beautiful flowers, and I'm surprised at the low yield.
Plan to do better next time. And as many as she takes to figure out.

I don't trim anymore, so these numbers are on the fat side.

All in all, this is probably my best harvest to date. ( I don't often measure yield )
Anxiously anticipating testing four more new strains.

Dunge

Dunge

Do you subcontract your trimming out, or just smoke the untrimmed bud?
I am on a campaign to impact the new cana culture in Alaska.
One of my assertions is that bud should be sold untrimmed.
The polished nug of the open bag and quick sale are no longer in play.
Many suggest that an untrimmed plant hung out of direct light (like my veg space) for a week provides an ideal dry phase in curing.
I think it's true.
This leaves the consumer to break down the flowers and use fractions as they see fit.
Imagine full tops in shrink wrap lined up at the farmers market.
Or bouquets!

Testing has just started.
They are each my new favorite so far.

juniper

juniper

I'd be inclined to agree with you. The run before last I dry trimmed and the product was superior.
Hand trimming is tedious and/or costly, and machine trimming ruins perfectly good flowers.
Do you think untrimmed will catch on? Perhaps among connoisseurs first, then the general public?

The average casual Cannabis user has only seen trimmed dank, never untrimmed.

Dunge

Dunge

The average casual Cannabis user has only seen trimmed dank, never untrimmed.
This is just sad.
It's like not knowing where your diamonds comes from.
To be clear, I like it mostly because I hate trimming and I'm glad it seems to work so well.
15Jan159 lamp layout 4x4

4' x 4' space
Made up a yield graphic in an ongoing effort to "back out" plant position to lamps to yield.
It seems to show reduced yield from LED but where did Wilma4 get it's big yield from then?
And that ARC5 was just sad.
The early flower Mango produced open nugs that I hope tighten up in next cycle.(it's so nice)
The oval dimensions map yield in grams to pixel count size in Paint.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Very very nice work @Dunge.
Where did you get the Tahoe from?
I'm running CCs Buddha TahoeOG and was curious.
Peace

Top Bottom