All new strains to me

• Thread starter DreamsOfDiesel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Wont hit you till after 60 , thats when it hit me , but not too bad , dads 91 and still smoking weed , and eats the occasional twinkie , so who knows
You ever run Chemdog #4? Or know anyone that has? Are those huge white hairs & lack of massive amounts of trichs normal 3-4 weeks in?

dire wolf

dire wolf

You ever run Chemdog #4? Or know anyone that has? Are those huge white hairs & lack of massive amounts of trichs normal 3-4 weeks in?
Hey Dreams , no , never got a chance to run Chemdog #4 , not from the original chem genetics , i think it was labeled the " reunion" cut from his second attempt at the remaining seeds chemdog had ,joebrand supposidly grew out chemdog phenos 1 -4

I was really only interested in the sour diesels , since at that time NYC was seeing a lot of the original sour or ecsd , and thats the cut i was focused on , took a few years to aquire , but i never let it go ,

I also purchased many of rez , reservior seeds , he worked with chemdog , if i can remember that far back , it was either cali connection , or rez and i did try the chems , cant remember exactly , but i have some notes and photos somewhere,

I will say that i grew a bunch of pre 98 bubba kush and it had a similar surprising pistil growth similar to what you posted , they grew super white almost bleached and s little peculiar , they almost all finished nicely with golf ball heads and a funky coffe earth aroma...

I suspected it was a reaction to overfeed and perhaps too much radiant heat from my lights , but i have seen it also appear in a few indica leaning bubblegums that i grew out from serious seeds , old stock....

I would just go with it and see what happens , are those topdawg ? Or some one else?
I think the jj is as good as it gets.....

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Hey Dreams , no , never got a chance to run Chemdog #4 , not from the original chem genetics , i think it was labeled the " reunion" cut from his second attempt at the remaining seeds chemdog had ,joebrand supposidly grew out chemdog phenos 1 -4

I was really only interested in the sour diesels , since at that time NYC was seeing a lot of the original sour or ecsd , and thats the cut i was focused on , took a few years to aquire , but i never let it go ,

I also purchased many of rez , reservior seeds , he worked with chemdog , if i can remember that far back , it was either cali connection , or rez and i did try the chems , cant remember exactly , but i have some notes and photos somewhere,

I will say that i grew a bunch of pre 98 bubba kush and it had a similar surprising pistil growth similar to what you posted , they grew super white almost bleached and s little peculiar , they almost all finished nicely with golf ball heads and a funky coffe earth aroma...

I suspected it was a reaction to overfeed and perhaps too much radiant heat from my lights , but i have seen it also appear in a few indica leaning bubblegums that i grew out from serious seeds , old stock....

I would just go with it and see what happens , are those topdawg ? Or some one else?
I think the jj is as good as it gets.....
That Chemdog #4 is some fem from growers choice, jj is my sour 91 that I just topped in veg

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Over feeding phospherous could be the reason for the pistil burst , ive seen it before
Did you add a phospherous boost ?
Nope, was doing this from start, I've changed stuff here & there for them but it's just growing like that still. Oh well, it's a fem seed anyway so I dont really care about it, these are mostly just practice to get my shit together before getting back into good quality. Sour 91 is better quality & still in veg so I got time still to figure out how I like these leds for flowering, may add bloom booster to see what happens, not liking lack of bulk so far

dire wolf

dire wolf

Nope, was doing this from start, I've changed stuff here & there for them but it's just growing like that still. Oh well, it's a fem seed anyway so I dont really care about it, these are mostly just practice to get my shit together before getting back into good quality. Sour 91 is better quality & still in veg so I got time still to figure out how I like these leds for flowering, may add bloom booster to see what happens, not liking lack of bulk so far
Also heard that the led causes that growth , but i dont do led , i think thats your problem
Save a male clone of the 91

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I have run the Chemdog #4 clone and does not look much like when I ran it. It grows pretty normal with more trichs but not super frosty either.
That Chemdog #4 is some fem from growers choice, jj is my sour 91 that I just topped in veg
When people make fems seeds (S1's) from the same clone, it dont produce exact replicas of the mother plant. Sometimes you will get a plant that is super close, but most of the time I see variations of it. I also have found plants that are even better than the Mother plant.

dire wolf

dire wolf

I have run the Chemdog #4 clone and does not look much like when I ran it. It grows pretty normal with more trichs but not super frosty either.

When people make fems seeds (S1's) from the same clone, it dont produce exact replicas of the mother plant. Sometimes you will get a plant that is super close, but most of the time I see variations of it. I also have found plants that are even better than the Mother plant.
And i hate to say it , but there are more seed companies offering classics and s1
Seeds , without ever having a true elite plant to begin with , just clueless marketing or blatant fraud , not accusing anyone in particular , just saying its not easy to capture the characteristics that are advertised in a description , but there are many reputable seed vendors , just have to do your homework

And like rootbound , you can get even better that the mom if you are lucky

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Clueless on most of this newer stuff lol. The chem/diesel I ran up til bout 10 years ago was picky but best quality if done right. I call it chem/diesel cuz I'm not entirely sure what it was lol & have nothing in person to compare it to. It was clone gifted to me by dead head from 90s, said it was nyc diesel & called in chemdog diesel sometimes, definitely not soma, can tell by looking at pic lol.
Also only have these cheap blurples for now, not hps for sure lol but has good qualities in veg so far.
Been trying different seed cos, think top or lucky dogs may have similar to what I'm trying for. Got seeds left of everything except white lightning so I'll keep trying if I dont like current 1s & see if something different pops out. Waiting on that tho so I can tweak my lighting & know for sure its seed not me

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
JJNYC is the best bet when trying to get Chemdog genetics, so you are on the right path. His first release of Stardawg V1 was killer and alot of other work he did. I loved the skva91(original Chemdog 91 clone). Was not fond of the sour side being kinda picky to grow but killer smoke.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Clueless on most of this newer stuff lol. The chem/diesel I ran up til bout 10 years ago was picky but best quality if done right. I call it chem/diesel cuz I'm not entirely sure what it was lol & have nothing in person to compare it to. It was clone gifted to me by dead head from 90s, said it was nyc diesel & called in chemdog diesel sometimes, definitely not soma, can tell by looking at pic lol.
Also only have these cheap blurples for now, not hps for sure lol but has good qualities in veg so far.
Been trying different seed cos, think top or lucky dogs may have similar to what I'm trying for. Got seeds left of everything except white lightning so I'll keep trying if I dont like current 1s & see if something different pops out. Waiting on that tho so I can tweak my lighting & know for sure its seed not me
Do you have a pic of the nyc diesel bud , i think you showed it once , did it reek sour ?
Somas plants were nice , but heavy grapefruit leaning aroma ,
You probably had the true ecsd , too bad you lost it
Well , i mean i enjoy the aroma and high , i think its one of many that belong in the mt rushmore of cannabis strains...
I bet you can get even better though if you play around with the top or lucky 's

dire wolf

dire wolf

JJNYC is the best bet when trying to get Chemdog genetics, so you are on the right path. His first release of Stardawg V1 was killer and alot of other work he did. I loved the skva91(original Chemdog 91 clone). Was not fond of the sour side being kinda picky to grow but killer smoke.
Hey rootbound , do you know if the stardawgs or skva 91 are still available in seed form ?
The sensi stars back then also produced some beauties...
Im gonna have a look now , been a while since i checked

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

It took a while & cost a small fortune lol but at least I finally got ahold of pack of JJs. At least I know he had some version of real genetics

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Do you have a pic of the nyc diesel bud , i think you showed it once , did it reek sour ?
Somas plants were nice , but heavy grapefruit leaning aroma ,
You probably had the true ecsd , too bad you lost it
Well , i mean i enjoy the aroma and high , i think its one of many that belong in the mt rushmore of cannabis strains...
I bet you can get even better though if you play around with the top or lucky 's
Nope, all evidence destroyed years ago, bad times & all happened too fast to save her. Got plan b in place now but silly I know because I'm legal but old times still kinda haunting

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Hey rootbound , do you know if the stardawgs or skva 91 are still available in seed form ?
My local skunk is based on sensi genetics, still trying to bring out a roadkill lol, mo known for it so maybe I'll get lucky

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Umm, sensi star was a huge standout for me and others, very potent and only comes in at around 18%. So I dont put alot of weight on the high % of the new offerings these days. Now you are bringing back good memories!!! I dont think you will find any original packs of JJ's first release (V1) of Stardwags, thats why I made f2's of them for preservation sake. Skva91 is a clone only, and dont know anyone who has worked the line back to resemble the real skva91.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

Oh yea , cool ...back in the overgrow days sensi star was king , thats where my memories are , and of course back when the sensi catalogue came out , used to just stare at that damn thing , can still almost recite the few strains they had , either fly to amsterdam or drive to canada to get some seed....
I only asked about the skva 91 because i hadnt been looking at anything in the past decade , had so many sag , serious , somas , mr nice iin the box that i wasnt even paying attention
The girl scout cookies and some of the strawberrys got my attention , then i saw jj stuff , but only recently , so i figured he crossed every chem , and sva stuff, i thoughy he did some cross with skva91 ,
I guess cali connection did some work with that...
Saw genetic break down of all jjs stuff but cant find it now of course. It was useful, so many crosses but I'm just interested in his chem/diesel stuff so far, I prefer sativa effects & that's what old school that I had did

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Saw genetic break down of all jjs stuff but cant find it now of course. It was useful, so many crosses but I'm just interested in his chem/diesel stuff so far, I prefer sativa effects & that's what old school that I had did
He mainly was working with chems at first and disappeared from time to time .... Never seen much about him in the last few yrs, because I dont do social media. I bet your chem/sour will turn out nice though.

Top Bottom