All Things Nft

• Thread starter NFT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Sativied

Sativied

Ruler of the Whorled
Supporter
I like that about the haze hybrids, can even quick dry some early harvest and will still smell and taste good, like you said, not hay.

has hints of the incense smell in the room,
+
the pine fuel smell merges into a strong turpentine smell on my fingers
That sure sounds like amnesia. It's hard to describe exactly but more rich flavor and smell than most silver and super silver haze I smoked. Incense turpentine laurel-ish. Smell is most distinct when I smoke up a room, leave it, and then return after a few minutes.

Reactions: NFT
NFT

NFT

I like that about the haze hybrids, can even quick dry some early harvest and will still smell and taste good, like you said, not hay.

+
That sure sounds like amnesia. It's hard to describe exactly but more rich flavor and smell than most silver and super silver haze I smoked. Incense turpentine laurel-ish. Smell is most distinct when I smoke up a room, leave it, and then return after a few minutes.

yep its smoke-able 3-4 days of being left in the room just brittle enough at the ends of the buds
burns very well. all the little calyx dry fast makes a smooth even burn and smoke
no green taste the piney taste is consistent all the way though the joint
it has a fast turn over for yield drying and the end product for sure explains why so many folk grow it commercially
i am pleased with it, as it was only a free dinafem seed so i did not expect anything great from it
but i had to keep it and see it out until the end just to see its vigor as it had expressed this through all stages of growth
it never stopped putting out

NFT

NFT

7 week test nugs
image.php

image.php

peace

sumerianak

sumerianak

so how much did she yield and how long did you veg befoire flip?

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

you sir have your system on CHECK and doing an amazing job, thank you for posting and sharing. I love seeing this shit.

NFT

NFT

so how much did she yield and how long did you veg befoire flip?

she is not finished yet another 10 days or so
she is a seed plant and was continuously cut down over a long period she was about 2 to 2.5ft when flowered same size as the mothers milk next to her which is a clone and was also cut down to fit in my mother area

the large size of the amnesia haze is mainly due to the explosive vigor (genetics) during the flowering phase

below was the size of both plants on the day of flower, mothers milk was taken down at 8 weeks she is only small
and will yield only 4 oz or so

the amnesia should yield 20+ oz she occupies a space of 19 sq ft
image.php

peace

Last edited:
mack 10

mack 10

Nice work.
NFT goes both ways, smaller or bigger plants. It does not matter.

I used to grow NFT , then had a spell of trying organic NFT but at the time (15 years ago) the nutrients. Where nit as good as todays. Where I struggled was keeping enough N in the mix.
(someone needs to invent an ec meter that also tells you, in ppm what amounts of each element are present)

Calx size is pheno dependant.
the Moppel cut can grow monsters.

The only thing that stops me from going NFT again is the finished quality. On a 1-10 scale how close to a perfectly grown organic run?

To me, an I've tested a lot of bud, nothing "usually" comes close.

NFT

NFT

Nice work.
NFT goes both ways, smaller or bigger plants. It does not matter.

I used to grow NFT , then had a spell of trying organic NFT but at the time (15 years ago) the nutrients. Where nit as good as todays. Where I struggled was keeping enough N in the mix.
(someone needs to invent an ec meter that also tells you, in ppm what amounts of each element are present)

Calx size is pheno dependant.
the Moppel cut can grow monsters.

The only thing that stops me from going NFT again is the finished quality. On a 1-10 scale how close to a perfectly grown organic run?

To me, an I've tested a lot of bud, nothing "usually" comes close.

i find whether i like the bud or not is pheno dependent, my goal is to just keep the plant healthy
what i feed it or how i grow it will not make much difference to this, as long as its healthy that is all i can really do, i like to keep changing strain so i get lots of different flavours etc, i keep my favorites until i get bored with them
then i move on

nft systems with narrow channels are more suited to smaller plants, with larger channels or trays if the genetics allow it
a plant can create a large root system that in-turn tends to lead to large plants
i see a lot of plants where each branch tends to grow like a plant itself with lots of side branching
creating very wide plants , this current plant is 5 ft wide and almost 4ft deep

i am not sure about measuring each element, if you were organic you would not be able to use an ec meter anyway
as organics cant be measured in the same way

i like to keep things as simple as possible this is one of my goals
the amnesia haze was grown with 1 single res change in the 10 week period and no ph adjustment or measurement
the only nutes it has been fed are A+B veg food mixed with some A+B flowering food for the first 4 weeks of 12/12
this was changed to A+B flowering food only for the remaining time until harvest
i wouldn't normally change it at all just top up when needed, but i overfed this girl a little
she was on ec 2.0 and only really needed 1.4

i would only top up with A+B i would not wish to complicate things and start adding
individual elements
i am not a scientist, that would be too complex for my goal of making growing weed as simple and effortless as possible for my situation

peace

Last edited:
mack 10

mack 10

cool. My Belgian buddies grow Haze's only.
They cut out all N from week 4-6 depending on pheno. The results they get it off the charts. Big solid indica hybrid looking pure haze. 1.5-2g per watt but they also feed quiet high, upto 2 ec.

I'm with you on keep it simple though.
I'll just have to fire up the old trays
and see if it's as good as my bio organic.
which on a good run I'll Pepsi challenge anything.

NFT

NFT

11 weeks she is ready now buds are all firm calyx have swollen pretty well
starting to chop her down picked most of the leaves off to cut down trimming time

after 4 hours of chopping colas the plant looks like i have hardly touched it lots of chopping left to do
will take over 12 hours to fully harvest
yield looks very high the amount of colas/large buds is ridiculous
although it will shrink quite a bit when dry
its firm but not hard like a kush

leaves picked before the chop
image.php

peace

Limonene

Limonene

Yeah she look like a 20 oz plant, Really nice job. I'm a big amnesia fan my self, have been running the core cut for some time and it's my number 1 girl. Just live the vigor, yield and terps. Only negative is she is a little tricky to clone.

NFT

NFT

Nice harvest bro it looks dank broski

Thanks mate, she has turned out pretty well, i was a little worried at 6-7 weeks, its because i have not grown haze for a while
normally i would be chopping down at 8-9 weeks,
this plant really needed the 11 weeks, perhaps could of even gone 12
a great deal of the yield was there by 8 weeks but the buds did not fill in and the calyx did not swell until 10 weeks
the sample buds i had taken at 8 weeks were ok for potency but the buds were way too leafy compared to the size of the calyx at that stage
if i had taken it at 9 weeks the yield would be good but the quality would of been poor in comparison to 11 weeks the buds were not firm at 9 weeks

peace

Last edited:
NFT

NFT

Yeah she look like a 20 oz plant, Really nice job. I'm a big amnesia fan my self, have been running the core cut for some time and it's my number 1 girl. Just live the vigor, yield and terps. Only negative is she is a little tricky to clone.

thanks mate, i am happy with her, i have had a few bad experiences with haze before so i always get a little worried when growing haze, never know what its going to turn out like quality wise, this is pretty good at 11 weeks
it still smells like pine fuel, but the taste now is citrus mostly lime, with a smooth skunk like after taste which is sweet

i managed to smoke 3 or 4 joints of it without smoking any mothers milk in between so it cant be that bad
i think the karma genetics haze will be better quality i look forward to growing it now with less worry

peace

Limonene

Limonene

If you get a chance to grab some of bodhis silver mountain j think u would get in really well with her. There are 3 or 4 phenos, 3 are ok and big yielding, 1 is amazing and huge yielding! It reminds me of the amnesia core cut but replace the lemon bubblegum terps with lime zest. Unfortunately I lost that pheno after first run goddammit

Scoobynew

Scoobynew

Great thread mate I'm in uk aswell
Nft is the only way I've not tryd growing. Have you ever had root rot is there no need for a chiller
I like the lack of leaf on all your plants ,do you do any plucking. On average how long do you veg from rooted cutting
Sorry for all the questions I'm thinking about trying nft on a larger scale

Latest posts

Top Bottom