Aloe Juice And Coconut Water

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Soilbrother1

Soilbrother1

So I bought. Organic aloe juice with pulp.has a ton of pulp. And a gallon of coconut water. Both bought at trader Joe's.
Yes. This is my first post EVER. Been watching from afar. Thanks to all of you, I have picked up a ton of knowledge and insight. So, its only right, I give back. This two in one formula is all organic and simplifies things. Hope it helps!

Soilbrother1

Soilbrother1

Nice find!
Thanks for positivity on my first post. I will be starting a journal in May off my current cycle and my next cycle. So, this stuff is 2.99 in colorado. I use 3 to 4 TBS per gallon every 10 days or so. It lasts for 14 days after opening with refrigeration. So, maybe 2 waterings. Drink the rest, why not?

snodome

snodome

ideal you want fresh. get the young coconuts at one of those markets if you can, the green ones not the brown ones. and aloe grows like crazy to have available for garden use.

but if you cant do either i recommend the powders. they are shelf stable for much longer than the juice. ingredients to die for i think has the coco. and aloe powder at build soil. they both are at build soil but i like to support ingredients as well.

1/4tsp per gallon of powder once a week for both coco and alo, and i put in some agsil as well. then two days later water with ful power.

much easier than buying pallets of bottles that go stale in 7 days of opening.

Soilbrother1

Soilbrother1

ideal you want fresh. get the young coconuts at one of those markets if you can, the green ones not the brown ones. and aloe grows like crazy to have available for garden use.

but if you cant do either i recommend the powders. they are shelf stable for much longer than the juice. ingredients to die for i think has the coco. and aloe powder at build soil. they both are at build soil but i like to support ingredients as well.

1/4tsp per gallon of powder once a week for both coco and alo, and i put in some agsil as well. then two days later water with ful power.

Although it is only 2.99, you make a good point. The Trader Joes combo works great, but looking at the ingredients, I can see that the Aloe is derived from powder form. So, using the powders may make more sence to someone who wants to have it readily available at all times. For those who have a trader joes nearby, this will do the trick until you can order the powder form, if thats how you want to roll.

20160308 192905
M

motz

Hey @snodome

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

going to trader joes on Friday to stock up on coc water...I grow japanese aloes like there going outa style(ill give anyone pups that needs em) they adore t-5 and hps lighting9thrive under em in my tent) so I make my own full pulp aloe juice.
Can't thank you and @Tnelz (especially !) for helping me see this. I have aloes aplenty and a dedicated blender to feeding my girls.

@Tnelz you "whatever" thread is extremely informative as much as it is random, but you contribute a lot and I want to give you a public shout out in respect.
Great leadership brother.

keiksweat

keiksweat

Any of you guys grow aloe from seed.?
Was gonna buy a little aloe plant,then thought,nay as well get pack of seeds.grow loads of my own.

Funkadelic

Funkadelic

Was gonna buy a little aloe plant,then thought,nay as well get pack of seeds.grow loads of my own.
Honestly theyre super inexpensive and easy to grow. You can easily grab a leaf or side branch and plant it. Easiest plant I've ever grown. Unkillable unless you actually bother to water it. :)

keiksweat

keiksweat

Gonna definitely grab some then.found em on e bay.wanna get some white clover too for cover crops.thanks again.

Soilbrother1

Soilbrother1

Is there any reason why I cannot chop and freeze Aloe Vera for later use? Its seems like a good solution for multiple "later" uses. Let me know if there are biological elements I am killing by doing this please.
20161120 114003

L

Levi9

Hi, does anyone know, If the trader Joe's gallon jug of aloe juice, is safe for organic soil drench? it has citric acid, potassium donate, and sodium benzonite. it's a lot cheaper than the powder. thanks.

AMAUULU

AMAUULU

FYI Found this study on COCONUT WATER + ALOE VERA on SEED GERMINATION: Title: "EFFECTIVENESS OF ALOE VERA GEL AND COCONUT WATER AS A GIOREGULATOR ON SEED GERMINATION OF DENDROBIUM ORCHID", by I Ketut Sumantra and I Ketut Widnyana, at the Agroecotechnology Department, Faculty of Agriculture, Mahasarawasti University, Indonesia.

Indonesia exports a lot of Orchid Seedlings.

I think germination using coconut water and aloe vera gel would apply to germination of seeds of many species, including Cannabis.

I do not know much about orchid growing except for my personal experiences in Hilo, Hawaii where I grew up. Hilo is on the rainy side of the Big Island where orchids thrive. The Puna area...where many MJ farmers are located, is a drier area, with very porous volcanic soils....which is why I am using volcanic pumice and biochar instead of perlite for aeration in my MJ potting mixes. After a lava flow, within a couple of years, plants begin to grow on the volcanic pumice-lava which is rich in biochar from the plants that were burnt by the lava. Papaya farmers also use a lot of volcanic pumice. We used to go to the cinder cones to bag up volcanic pumice (mostly colored red) to add to our vegetable garden in Hilo which hasn't been hit by lava in millennia and where the soil has been depleted by generations of cane sugar commercial farming.

I did not have time to order Aloe Vera Gel powder so I got a gallon of Aloe Vera Juice from Trader Joes. I read on this thread that the OKF brand of Aloe Vera Juice (formerly sold at Costco...but not available last week when shopped there) does not have potassium sorbate. I have one Aloe Vera plant in a pot which I may have to use for the few seeds I want to germinate. May have to replace it with Aloe Vera plants from Home Depot ($3.99 a 4-inch potted plant, plus 10% sales tax).

AMAUULU

AMAUULU

FYI Found this study on COCONUT WATER + ALOE VERA on SEED GERMINATION: Title: "EFFECTIVENESS OF ALOE VERA GEL AND COCONUT WATER AS A GIOREGULATOR ON SEED GERMINATION OF DENDROBIUM ORCHID", by I Ketut Sumantra and I Ketut Widnyana, at the Agroecotechnology Department, Faculty of Agriculture, Mahasarawasti University, Indonesia.

Indonesia exports a lot of Orchid Seedlings.

I think germination using coconut water and aloe vera gel would apply to germination of seeds of many species, including Cannabis.

I do not know much about orchid growing except for my personal experiences in Hilo, Hawaii where I grew up. Hilo is on the rainy side of the Big Island where orchids thrive. The Puna area...where many MJ farmers are located, is a drier area, with very porous volcanic soils....which is why I am using volcanic pumice and biochar instead of perlite for aeration in my MJ potting mixes. After a lava flow, within a couple of years, plants begin to grow on the volcanic pumice-lava which is rich in biochar from the plants that were burnt by the lava. Papaya farmers also use a lot of volcanic pumice. We used to go to the cinder cones to bag up volcanic pumice (mostly colored red) to add to our vegetable garden in Hilo which hasn't been hit by lava in millennia and where the soil has been depleted by generations of cane sugar commercial farming.

I did not have time to order Aloe Vera Gel powder so I got a gallon of Aloe Vera Juice from Trader Joes. I read on this thread that the OKF brand of Aloe Vera Juice (formerly sold at Costco...but not available last week when shopped there) does not have potassium sorbate. I have one Aloe Vera plant in a pot which I may have to use for the few seeds I want to germinate. May have to replace it with Aloe Vera plants from Home Depot ($3.99 a 4-inch potted plant, plus 10% sales tax).

CORRECTION: Apologies re miss spelled word in citation title of study from Indonesia. I meant "Bioregulator" instead of "Gioregulator"

ADDENDUM: RECIPE for WATERING/DRENCH/FOLIAR SPRAY.....using Aloe Vera Juice & Coconut Water. The majority tend to recommend these proportions:

1/4 Cup (US) Aloe Vera Juice plus 4 Tablespoons (US) Coconut Water in 1 Gallon (US) of non-chlorine and non-chloramine water. There are several discussions in this and other forums of the importance of removing both chlorine and chloramine (used now in most US municipalities) when mixing up solutions.

Any feedback on success of this recipe from others would be welcome.

AMAUULU

AMAUULU

RE Answer to Question in this thread about how to grow Aloe Vera from seed.

You can Google this article, "ALOE SEED PROPAGATION - HOW TO GROW ALOE FROM SEEDS", by Bonnie Grant. She gives easy, step-by-step instructions. If you already have a mature, flowering Aloe Vera plant, she gives you instructions on how to harvest Aloe Vera seed and prepare them for planting. If you do not have a blooming Aloe Vera plant (it takes two years of maturity to flower and produce seed in ideal conditions), she advises you to purchase seeds from a reputable seed bank or producer. When ordering, be sure to request ALOE BARBADENSIS seeds because there are many different types of Aloe species available.

AMAUULU

AMAUULU

Yes. This is my first post EVER. Been watching from afar. Thanks to all of you, I have picked up a ton of knowledge and insight. So, its only right, I give back. This two in one formula is all organic and simplifies things. Hope it helps!

Top Bottom