Am I ok to remove these leaves?

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

This plant is almost a month old. I’m training it into a manifold. I notice that these 4 giant fan leaves are blocking like 12+ little bud sites ( still in veg) so I cut them off.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Do those giant bushy fan leaves that provide more surface area for light to absorb do any good or should I get rid of them and allow light to penetrate deeper?

Ps: I removed them. Hope that’s not a dumb move. It was 4 big fan leaves

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hi I’m in the no remove any leaf till plant is harvested but in this case you have done a great job I’m sure there farmers who do this style of growing , good luck keep us posted on your progress. Od

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
It's kinda what you do (alot) for SCROG or whatever they are calling it these days. You'll get over the guilt pretty quick if this is your intention. 😉

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
People have different opinions. Certainly as long as you let her recover I'm sure her new growth will be great!

CF89

CF89

What’s a priority here as far as light goes for a plant that’s in 4/8 weeks of veg... fan leaf surface area or bud sites?

the LST plants have seem trimming. And defoliation. And are smaller

the other two have only been topped and very little defoliation... they’re huge. Maybe I’m onto something here.

Slap

Slap

Hi I’m in the no remove any leaf till plant is harvested but in this case you have done a great job I’m sure there farmers who do this style of growing , good luck keep us posted on your progress. Od
Ugh your kidding right! LoL

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
What’s a priority here as far as light goes for a plant that’s in 4/8 weeks of veg... fan leaf surface area or bud sites?

the LST plants have seem trimming. And defoliation. And are smaller

the other two have only been topped and very little defoliation... they’re huge. Maybe I’m onto something here.
That's a matter of opinion. Personally, I'm in the camp of "I dunno, ask the plant," but maybe my opinion will change w experience.

So basically if she is yellowing a fan leaf and then hardening its stem, I help her out and speed up the process. If she seems to still be using a fan leaf, I let her.

Until stretch time. I might make a call on exposing branches to get them up because I want buds down them. But usually that can be done with tucking.

I also lollipop after the stretch, but only the first few nodes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom