Amino Acids: What do they do for your plants?

• Thread starter Big D
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Big D

Big D

I've seen some amino acid nutrients out there. Just wondering what benefits they provide. Also wondering at what point in the life cycle are amino acids to be applied.

Y

Ythor

We use them in tissue culture as an organic source of nitrogen. However, it is an expensive way to provide this element, and not all plants require it; in fact, it doesn't seem to help except for some plants that truly detest ammoniacal nitrogen, and don't do well with nitrate.

treebark1950

treebark1950

I was always told it helps to promote lateral root development....

Thats what I was told...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
It's the precursor to protein development, It is the primary stage of protein production. Followed by secondary and tertiary structure of protein which is the amino acid chain folding upon itself again and again. So, I believe with more amino acids you have more protein building I"m guessing and that helps almost or just about everything the plant does metabolically & physiologically. I do see more and more products saying they contain amino acids and with some lineups it's in every bottle which seems overkill and a waste of money. Also cannabis doesn't need all 20 amino acids, so they should just narrow it down to what is mostly needed and lower costs of these marvelous bottles they continually put out.;)

click80

click80

...I have read several studys, none of which were conclusive, concerning amino acid application to plants. Here is a pretty good article about sugars and amino's. Remember also that carbs (sugars) and amino's are also beneficial to the microflora in the soil. So it is hard to determine when applying these if the beneficial boost you see is not simply the carbs and amino's providing a root zone boost. ...my opinion anyway...

Here is an excerpt from the article. As with carbohydrates no one really looked at whether plants can take actively up amino acids through their roots. A major focus of my research is examining how or if plants can take up amino acids via their roots. One method is to feed plants a solution of radioactively labelled amino acids and then take special x-rays of the whole plant 24 hours later. You can actually visualize the extent of the amino acid uptake. In all of the experiments I’ve been involved in, almost none of the amino acid solution fed to the plants had been absorbed by the roots and transported to the leaves. So what’s at play here? Once again it’s the role of the Capsarian strip and endodermis coming into play and excluding the uptake of almost all of the amino acid solution fed to the plants. Amino acid supplementation does work to a minor extent – as some, but very few, of those root fed amino acids are absorbed by the plant. The exciting thing is that even that tiny amount that is absorbed positively affects the growth and development of plants.
http://urbangardenmagazine.com/2010/07/expert-eye-carbohydrates-and-amino-acid-products/

J

jdb420

This is what amino acids, humic and fulvic acids, and plenty of carboload and rhino skin will do for your plants. I run a hpa or high pressure Aeroponics, and my ppms never went over 330. You don't have to feed them Super heavy to get great results. I have found a little less to help more often then adding a little more nutrients unless you have a deficiency going on.

J

jdb420

Here's the blueberry pheno, the frostier one of the two bulk smash auto by dr krippling. It's very tasty and very potent too. I definitely recommend if you Want to grow and auto. One plant yielded 11 ounces(skunk pheno), and the blueberry yielded 10.5 ounces. I really appreciate all the knowledge from this site and the many friendly users. I read for about 18 months before I attempted to grow anything. That was my second grow you're looking at. I'm on grow number 3 right now with incredible bulk by dr krippling and casey jones by devils harvest

20170125 205755
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom