an actually plug n play mini split

• Thread starter mrdizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oldsog

Oldsog

Supporter
i bought and installed a ductless mini split unit with the help of a friend who knew what he was doing.
re-flare the ends on the copper tube! it will save you a lot of trouble down the road.

T

THC_Farmer

its all tools that hvac guys have handy and yess you absoultely need to facum all the helll out of the lines for like 2+ hours and if you got a vaccum pump make sure it holds the vacume or you got leaks purging with nitrogen is a redundant step that we do in hvac just to be sure.

but you doo need to run that vacum pump for a long time and also the vacum gets any mousture out of the lines , which will cause a catastrophic failure in the system if not removed. my pops is a hvac guy and we always talk about ac and shit like that.

J

Joe Blow

Need vaccum pump and guages, some niotrogen to purge the line and pressure test to 250-300psi......Can be done yourself but it could cost you in the end..

250-300psi? You sure about that? Seems a bit light to me since 410a operates in ranges above that.

its all tools that hvac guys have handy and yess you absoultely need to facum all the helll out of the lines for like 2+ hours and if you got a vaccum pump make sure it holds the vacume or you got leaks purging with nitrogen is a redundant step that we do in hvac just to be sure.

but you doo need to run that vacum pump for a long time and also the vacum gets any mousture out of the lines , which will cause a catastrophic failure in the system if not removed. my pops is a hvac guy and we always talk about ac and shit like that.

You would NEVER purge a mini split line with nitrogen as there is absolutely no need to. The only time you run nitrogen through the lines is while brazing to avoid scaling on the inside of the lines or pressure testing. And since there is no brazing in putting in a mini split you simply wouldn't run nitrogen while tightening compression fittings. You would pressure test with nitrogen though.

As far as the vaccuum comment goes. LMFAO. 2hrs? Your pops pump must be old as dirt. We pump em down 20-30min. What we're lookin for is -30 psi.

For all of you guys doing your own I wish you luck. Fact is there is a lot more to installing these things than mounting them up.

For those of you that did your own did you pull a delta T? Did you make sure you had enough refrigerant for the run of line set? Did you run the condensate right? Is your pad level for the outdoor section? What's your line set look like running out your house or building? Is it cased?

And last but not least your all aware that you have absolutely NO WARRANTY right? Any manufacture in the business requires professional install and maintenance for their warranty. If you did it yourself and it goes to hell your screwed.

And one more point for all the numb skulls calling refrigerant freon. Do you guys know what "freon" is? Apparently not because if you did then you would be very aware that you can't even buy it anymore. Freon was a brand name from DuPont. The real terminology for this type of stuff is "Refrigerants". It has NOTHING to do with FREON. The most widely used refrigerants currently are R-22 and R-410a. So take this as advice. Especially if you want to walk into a hvac shop and act like you know what your talking about. The first sign your an idiot will be calling refrigerant freon. :D

L

Lost

Here are the installation instructions from the link posted.. How would it not have a warntee, it says its DIY with no need to vacuum the lines? Is it possible that this is a new type of system that you are not familiar with?

1) INSTALL WALL SUPPORT BRACKET.

This mounting bracket is Included with the Indoor Unit. The indoor unit simply hangs on this bracket, much like a picture frame.

2) INSTALL EXTERNAL CONNECTIONS

This requires the drilling of a 3" hole to pass the connecting pipe (Lineset) and wiring which connects the outdoor unit to the indoor unit. The accessories (Sleeve, etc.), connecting pipe (Lineset) and wiring are supplied with the installation kit.

3) INSTALL CONNECTIONS TO INDOOR UNIT

Connect the wires to their respecting terminal of the indoor unit. Also connect the lineset to the indoor unit.

4) QUICK CONNECTION FLANGES

Unlike most other systems in the market, all our mini split systems are equipped with quick connection flanges for the Lineset which are preflared. This eliminates the need for welding or soldering of connection lines. The flanges simply need to be connected and tightened to the outdoor unit. Also Connect the wiring to their respective terminal

5) NO NEED TO VACUUM THE LINES

All our mini split systems are equipped with self purging valves on the outdoor unit. There is no need for vacuum pumping the lines. This is an advantage over most other models available in the market.

J

Joe Blow

5) NO NEED TO VACUUM THE LINES

All our mini split systems are equipped with self purging valves on the outdoor unit. There is no need for vacuum pumping the lines. This is an advantage over most other models available in the market.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`ll stick with a portable AC vented outside or a wall unit myself! Wouldn`t mind finding a water cooled Chiller however!

M

mrdizzle

Joe blow, can you tell me more about why is company is lieing. I dont see how your warranty can be void if they tell you to do it yourself.

excelair.ca also requires no vacuuming the lines and they are at the top of the sealed room game. this is not a pissing match I'd like to know the facts so I can learn.

J

Joe Blow

For warranties on heating/AC units to be good for the entire period of the manufactures warranty they have to be: 1. Installed by a professional. 2. Serviced on a yearly basis by a heating company.

AC-World there will promise ya the world but I garauntee it when it comes warranty time on that thing your going to be sol. The first thing that screams sketchy to me is they're selling low SEER equipment. They don't offer one single unit over 14SEER. Everything there for those prices is total JUNK. Look into Mitsubishi units. Or Fujitsu. Anything under 20SEER just isn't worth buying.

L

Lost

For warranties on heating/AC units to be good for the entire period of the manufactures warranty they have to be: 1. Installed by a professional. 2. Serviced on a yearly basis by a heating company.

AC-World there will promise ya the world but I garauntee it when it comes warranty time on that thing your going to be sol. The first thing that screams sketchy to me is they're selling low SEER equipment. They don't offer one single unit over 14SEER. Everything there for those prices is total JUNK. Look into Mitsubishi units. Or Fujitsu. Anything under 20SEER just isn't worth buying.

Great info! Hey if your just in need of a 1 ton split and don't want a pro to come and see your setup, what do you reccommend? I already have a 1 ton window and beause it sits in an enclosed room (the garage) the garage can get too hot. I totally do not want a HVAC pro to come in.. too sketchy...

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Hey lost I know a garden freindly hvac guy.
He has even grown before. He s cool peep.

T

THC_Farmer

im a registered hvac tech so pm me if you really want to get into detail on the subject

O

ogluver

just vent the hot air from the ac in the garage outside. You can put a duct on the back of the unit.

S

sizzahash

whats up farmers....about to set up new 3-k room ..will like to no a good mini split that will work to cool room..:420:can someone let me no witch one i should buy...
thanks farmers:420:

M

mrdizzle

I spoke with a hvac tech, and he said LG, friedrich, fujitsu, mr slims, are great models that rarely need to be repaired

C

cofi

fwiw i had a a/c world celebra 12k mini split i installed it myself i must not have tightened the lines right the first time because it developed a small leak and ran out of refrigerant in like two weeks.....lol after that little fiasco i paid a hvac guy to come and install a new unit because i had sold the old one.....also guys these units are not tolerant of cold weather at all the second the weather dips below freezing the pressures rise and either blow the compresser in the a/cworld stuff or release lots of refrigerant in the more expensive stuff so if you live somewhere it gets cold make sure you plan on building a little shed or something for the outside unit

Top Bottom