An alternative to Voodoo Juice?

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

Great white mychorhizae by plants success, Oregonism XL by Roots Organics, Subculture M, and B by General Hydro. Their exist other way's such as brewing EWC tea, guano, ect. but that isn't hydroponic.

T

trugreens

Hmm, this is some great advice. I have to admit you all have me interested in trying out some new products, but then again, I'm a little wary since Advanced Nutrients' Voodoo Juice works so well for me.

I think from the first time that I used it, I swear my roots looked twice as thick and heavy. And that just helped my plants suck up all the nutrients that I was feeding em.

And for me, Voodoo seems so concentrated that you really don't have to use all that much for it to work.

But good for everyone for looking around for something new. Post some pics when you use the new stuff so we can all see how things work out for you.

:friday:

I mean, why not mix things up from time to time? Keeps things interesting...

But I'm not switching up anything until I see more proof :winking0067:

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

I Think WE might be Wrong

I think we might all be wrong on the vodoo juice, take a look and read, got this outa there rosebud mag, what do u think now dusty.......GM

DSC01433
DSC01434
DSC01435
DSC01436
ogtealover420

ogtealover420

Voodoo Juice is septic tank cleaner enzyme. Care Free brand I believe. This information coming out was one of the reasons the AN board shut down...that and the GA of Piranha coming back showing it has Urea pellets in it..

:mad0233:Well at least i havent bought it i use plant success. Interesting none the less my friend...so how did you find out this dirty little secret? I would love to pick apart some of the formulas in the bottles I spend all my cash on.....The two products that hit my mind right now are Liquid karma and Sensizyme

N

noone88

This is what i've been doing when I transplant:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4680719&id=113197083713

(Botanicare's facebook)

Every time I transplant, I add one tablespoon of (insert your choice of mycos and bacteria) and sprinkle it on the root zone and the medium. Next time, i'll probably double my amount since a decent amount does wash away when you start the water feed. I feel this is much more efficient (cost wise) than dumping it into the res.

I

Iouka

I use Subculture B when I transplant I sprinkle a tablespoon and put in the bottom of the hole then sprinkle a little around the dirt on top. Man what a difference Sub B makes I am an avid AN user but could not see using 3 different products by AN that equal one product by G.H. and same goes for their Diamond Nectar a no brainer on that as well.

aeroman

aeroman

I don't know about an alternative to Voodoo Juice... there's a lot of stuff similar to it but nothing that really compares. At least not in my book.

Yeah I'd like to pay less for it but if truth be told I think it's worth it or I wouldn't buy it.

But everyones gotta find that point for themselves don't let me tell you what to do or anything.

A

abuk

Bud Blood is the same as Rambridge Blossom Blood.

Big Bud is Mono Potassium Phosphate, Amino Acid Complex, and Epsom Salt.

Over Drive is a rip of one of the GroTek products, i forget which one.

Piranha/Tarantula - Oregonism XL

Voodoo Juice/Sensizyme - Care Free Enzymes Pond & Fountain

Three Part - Cutting Edge Solutions Grow / Micro / Bloom

That should cover the whole 2+ line up.

:bong2: :character0035: :sun

You are the fucking man! Thanks for this info bro.

N

noone88

Okay, I ponied up and tried out a few of the replacement products.

SCD Bio Ag: smells like hygrozyme (well, it is an enzyme product). When used as directed (3/4 tsp for 10 gallons).. well, it didn't do much of anything. I didn't notice an increase in root growth compared to roots excelurator.

Care Free Pond & Fountain Protector: clear solution, slightly viscous. No smell. It didn't really do anything either. I don't think it's a good replacement for the -zyme products out there. Good news is that I use it to clean my rdwc system between cycles!

J

Jalisco Kid

Okay, I ponied up and tried out a few of the replacement products.

SCD Bio Ag: smells like hygrozyme (well, it is an enzyme product). When used as directed (3/4 tsp for 10 gallons).. well, it didn't do much of anything. I didn't notice an increase in root growth compared to roots excelurator.

Care Free Pond & Fountain Protector: clear solution, slightly viscous. No smell. It didn't really do anything either. I don't think it's a good replacement for the -zyme products out there. Good news is that I use it to clean my rdwc system between cycles!

The carefree product should have cleaned up your root zone And at 10 ml/100gal and soak your sys a day shit rinses off with a hose.
This is what you need to replace voodoo juice. Tip of the day is to brew a little (1/4 of what you use) a couple of days in advance. It will last longer. JK

VoodooJuice 4L IL
budboy299

budboy299

I recently grabbed a bottle of this stuff for the enzymes.

The fellow told me that it is actually not enzymes within the bottle but rather only beneficial bacteria. Enzymes were a byproduct of their eating. The bacteria according to the fellow on the phone will only eat dead plant matter (fecal, urine, dead roots etc) and turn it into enzymes that are readily absorbed back into the earth. Or in our cases ...plant matter.

The bacteria in the Septic cleaner from www.RiMAXBio.com are....

Bacillus subtilis sp. 1
Bacillus subtilis sp. 2
Bacillus megaterium
Bacillus licheniformis
Bacillus amyloliquefaceans sp. 1
Bacillus amyloliquefaceans sp. 2
Bacillus pumilus

I will post a thread when I test it on the soil. Should be interesting as I am currently using soil for the 3rd time, so lots of old root matter etc

J

Jalisco Kid

Where on the website did you find the ingredient list? JK
I recently grabbed a bottle of this stuff for the enzymes.

The fellow told me that it is actually not enzymes within the bottle but rather only beneficial bacteria. Enzymes were a byproduct of their eating. The bacteria according to the fellow on the phone will only eat dead plant matter (fecal, urine, dead roots etc) and turn it into enzymes that are readily absorbed back into the earth. Or in our cases ...plant matter.

The bacteria in the Septic cleaner from www.RiMAXBio.com are....

Bacillus subtilis sp. 1
Bacillus subtilis sp. 2
Bacillus megaterium
Bacillus licheniformis
Bacillus amyloliquefaceans sp. 1
Bacillus amyloliquefaceans sp. 2
Bacillus pumilus

I will post a thread when I test it on the soil. Should be interesting as I am currently using soil for the 3rd time, so lots of old root matter etc

budboy299

budboy299

Hi Jalisco Kid,
I don't think it is on their website, They did have a contact number on it though, so I called the fellow.
He emailed me over the list of bacteria within the product. Does it seem like it might do the trick?

F

FrostyDank

It really amazing how gullible people are...I mean voodoo is expensive in order to pay for their advertising, production costs, and PHD salaries--This stuff is specifcally dsigned and bred to mimic the strains of bacteria in perfect outdoors soil thriving with microbes and denitrifying bacteria. Not to mention this is a pure bacterial solution designed for plant uptake, the strains in the septic cleaner may be similar but that way not meant to be absorbed by plants--who knows what fillers are in that bag, remember its all business and if you think one company is the good guy then try again

But I agree it is expensive, but theirs a reason...
I think instead of piranha and tarantula, great white is the solution.
Soon going to test Canna's Rhizotonic, was told its the next best thing or even better because its Voodoo, Piranha, and Tarantula in one!!!

btw research and classes are the sources of info

Latest posts

Top Bottom