An challenges the Big Boys in the industry

• Thread starter BC_Bud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ReelBusy1

http://www.growersunderground.com/blog/hydroponics-articles/kicked-in-the-nuts

Those are some bold words there.

They are basically challenging any competing nutrient companies to put their products to a test against AN's connoiseur, for a million dollars.

I would really like to see the other Big Boys of the industry accept this challenge and then hold a testers cup to vote for the best quality end product.

Interesting video, Mike's an entertaining guy.
the politics of the business are very interesting and Byzantine huh?

F

FastForward

FUCK YEAH! I'm challenging Big Mike. Who's coming to Bulgaria with me?? :)

What really destroys his credibility is the sheer volume of human supplements and vitamins that he takes....

The interesting part is that they have a lab in Bulgaria with 36 lights and a government license. If so, why aren't they publishing more?

F

Fredrik Lemon

WOW!!!
I hope this takes off and they go head to head.

Hey wasn't that Advanced Nutes on Showtimes' WEEDS?
Almost certain it was.

Also.. I wonder how Advanced was picked for the show..... paid advertising or picked because Advanced didn't charge, more or less received FREE advertising?
And.... I wonder why the nutes were worked into the script..... again advertising? or just to make the show more realistic, that they knew what they were doing.
(Even though all of the plants were fakes)

Fred

F

Fredrik Lemon

FUCK YEAH! I'm challenging Big Mike. Who's coming to Bulgaria with me?? :)

What really destroys his credibility is the sheer volume of human supplements and vitamins that he takes....

The interesting part is that they have a lab in Bulgaria with 36 lights and a government license. If so, why aren't they publishing more?

What do you mean? That if he takes vitamins/ supplements that if those are good for him then they must be good for his products too?
I get my daily intake from good ol' beer and whatever food I ingest..... holding at 183lbs @ 6'1"

I still think this would an interesting Grow Off..... same conditions, same water.... side by side but different nutes and growers.

Just a dirt farmer here.... using off the shelf organic garden/ flower ferts..... I know very little about hydro and MJ nutes/ ferts from the Good Ol' Boys < Advanced included. I did try Fox Farm products back in 2006..... still on my shelf downstairs, I wonder if still good to use?

Fred

R

ReelBusy1

What do you mean? That if he takes vitamins/ supplements that if those are good for him then they must be good for his products too?
I get my daily intake from good ol' beer and whatever food I ingest..... holding at 183lbs @ 6'1"

I still think this would an interesting Grow Off..... same conditions, same water.... side by side but different nutes and growers.

Just a dirt farmer here.... using off the shelf organic garden/ flower ferts..... I know very little about hydro and MJ nutes/ ferts from the Good Ol' Boys < Advanced included. I did try Fox Farm products back in 2006..... still on my shelf downstairs, I wonder if still good to use?

Fred

I believe FF means that an overdepence or indulgence on daily vitamin supplements makes Big Mike a little nutty and obsessive leaving room for us to question his credibility, claims and actions.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Your going to need those winnings just to buy that nute line.

F

Fredrik Lemon

I believe FF means that an overdepence or indulgence on daily vitamin supplements makes Big Mike a little nutty and obsessive leaving room for us to question his credibility, claims and actions.

OH..... well if that's what FF means :itwasntme.... then OK.
However, not to be a dick, but shouldn't FF being saying that.. and you giving your own opinion? Not arguing or anything....... just sayin...... :scared0016:

But to make a comment to your statement......
I didn't know vitamins made a person that way..... I always thought it was a persons nature or the RX drugs they take.

Yes from what I just watched he is overly hyper... even aggressive to a point.... but still should that make the challenge not count?
I mean if he makes the claims, no matter what drugs he takes, a challenge is a challenge right..... and with $1mil CHA-CHING on the table too....... he could be putting his foot in his mouth..... or he could be right!
But I'd be checking the worth of the check before agreeing.... hell CASH would be best right? Vegas style... cash on a silver platter!

I take no sides in this challenge, I'm a dirt farmer...... but still would be interesting....... guess I'm up for a little grow industry drama...... just not too much drama.... don't turn this into one of those "Look at me" reality shows.... crying and gloating...... Blah blah blah.

Fred

T

TheMadHatter

I dont see any of the company's jumping at the challange, I mean honestly a million dollers is alot of money and hes got that backing his words. If anyone of you had a million to match would you be confident to give the same contest he is giving(with a differnt line of nutrients not AN)? I think his stuff is expensive but well worth it just by the results I have got and seen others get. I mean look at DoubleD's grows there amazeing I dont think he would be getting the same results with another product.

All I hear from people is to much money yada yada yada but personaly when I goto a steak house I shovel out the extra buck for my filet dripping with butter mmmmmm... and a baked potato and some asparagus I really like ruth's chris sometimes evan a lobster depends who I go with.

But anyhow I feel the same about nutrients my plants want the best of the best and I belive that AN does do the reaserch nessesary to find that, not that other companys do reaserch to but Avanced nutrients was made for Marijuana. I mean there moto is more buds less stem evan tho I think we need more buds thicker stem to hold the buds up but they got the right idea.

N

Nuglover

People either love him or hate him...It's a BUSINESS folks. Just marketing. Is his nutes good? Hell yeah. Are they expensive? Hell yeah. Are they worth it? Place opinion here. I've been using AN's Mother Earth line for over a year and up until now, it's some of the best and easiest product I've used. I've never done a side by side myself but... I just scored a couple liters of free Connaseur so we shall soon see just how good it is.

R

ReelBusy1

I dont see any of the company's jumping at the challange, I mean honestly a million dollers is alot of money and hes got that backing his words.

a million bux is a lot to a person but a small drop in the bucket to the annual revenues of these nutrient and equipment companies.
Take what you spend per year at your hydro or grow shop. Both Nutes and supplies.
then multiply that by an approximate number of customers your shop supplies.
Extrapolate that number out to your state and then country.
This is a big money worldwide business for both the pro and hobby market.
Weed sells for a lot and these companies know they are going to get their piece of our pie one way or the other.
Either from the guy you buy it from or you if you grow your own.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
One thing i keep thinking is, maybe other companies don't want to come out and officially admit they make their products for marijuana. Whereas AN has no qualms about openly advertising their products intended purpose.

P

Papa_kush

Hey wasn't that Advanced Nutes on Showtimes' WEEDS?
Almost certain it was.

Dude i've noticed this too! episode 1 of season 5 when the boyz are goin to set up the outdoor grow he's like doing a mental checklist and says... Soil, check, clones, check, ADVANCED NUTRIENTS, check. I'm almost positive AN must have a deal with this show because i've heard their name references multiple times...

And they're all over the magazines...and Big Mike claims they dont do enough advertising? Haha...BS....show me one other nute co. that spends 1/2 as much $ on advertising as AN...:cash

B

bdawgburner

Ya advanced is always on weeds. The season that they start the first big grow (season 2 i believe) there is a scene where they are dumping every type of advanced product you can think of into the rez and they hold the bottles perfectly just so you the viewer gets a glimpse at what it is they are using. Not to mention the feeding chart thats on the wall and the shelves just stocked to the max with the products. I'm sure advanced has a deal with the show. Look at all the talk they are getting just here. Now multiply that by all the growers that have seen the show. Thats good advertising. Advanced may have slightly higher prices that other companies but at my local store there isnt that big of a difference. And if they are really testing on our beloved girls and tailoring it towards this one specific plant, then isnt the extra couple bucks worth it? Just my .02

J

Jalisco Kid

There is no comp going to take him up on it. But my own recipe beats AN everytime. There were side by side shows on AN, when I challanged them I was banned for about the 5th time. I think Neptune was the last to post there doing a side by side. Fuck fat ass Mike, but he deserves the money. If you show and allow someone to use your product, and they come back for more they deserved to be screwed. laissez–faire Suerte JK

S

snowkitty

I respectfully disagree with Big Mike's claim that he is locked out of advertising. Mike claims the "big boys" threatened the publishers of the 2 free hydro store magazines if they accepted advertising from AN. Boo hoo. I saw OVER FOUR full pages ads in the latest High Times. Plus his research/advertisement pages appear in regularly in he west coast medical cannabis publications. Who else gets to advertise their product to consumer that frequently?

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
well it fairness i could get 4 full pages in hightimes that is just paid for advertisement i believe he is talking about free press like them free mags in the grow shops

Better get our wallet out, 4 pages in HT is $16,000 ouch..

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Growers Edge and Maximum Yield don't like AN because they are the only company that openly advertised and promoted their product to be used solely for marijuana, no other cross application for other agriculture(at least in the beginning). None of those prublications want anyting to do with open endorsements of the marijuana industry, even though both publications started iout as underground marijuana mag, one was actually called the Sinsemilla Times or somethinng close to it. When the feds started hittin everybody they wanted to set themselves as far away from the illigal marijuana industry as possible. High Times will take them because it is a weed mag and they are not trying to front like the others are..

When it gets right down to it and look at usage over cost, AN is really no more expensive than any of the other premium nutes out there and they do work. I know people will argure the cost issue but I have done again and again side by side and there just isn't that much difference....check it against Canna, Bio Bizz, Aurora, House and Garden, or Humboldt, you will probably find it is a little cheaper than those if your being honest. Hell a quart bottle of Hygrozyme is over $50 now.

No other company will take them up their challenge because they can't win...that's why Big Mike(marketing juggornaut) is either put up or shut up..AN really spends the money they make, and it is alot, on securing only the top quality refined minerial sources, scientist, and botanist to make them the front runner in the biz...no takers on the challenge...what does that tell you?????

Show me some other company where their customers are consistantly gettin 2lbs per 1k, not any....

AN has diversified alot, a few years ago they actually got into the health suppliment business and are moving real aggressively into that market from what I understand as well as private label production of goods and sevices for a few different industries..

AN is a machine on the move...

Tex

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

I'm not even worried about the nutes, but as a guy that knows about people that are tripped out, wow, someones a little faster than they used to be.

Top Bottom