An easy treatment for spidermites.

• Thread starter Fearless
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

What?.. That his girlfriend has been using miticide as lube or that her dildo has a mite infestation? :p

LMAO!!!!!

Found some other info. Tetradifon has half-life of 44days in the atmosphere. Propargite half-life decreases with high pH, 2–3 days at pH9, 48–78 days at pH7 and 120–720 days at pH5 (is propargite the same as DT?). Abamectin half-life is about 1 week on an unshaded soil surface and about two weeks to two months underneath the soil surface. It is also rapidly broken down in water, its half-life being four days in pond water and two to four weeks in pond sediment.

way2green

way2green

Thank you. I feel like a fool. I sold ag chemicals for years but never really needed to know that info. With that being said there are many peeps that deal only with County and City municipalities that are pushing these chems and don't know that.

carBon.14

carBon.14

LMAO!!!!!

Found some other info. Tetradifon has half-life of 44days in the atmosphere. Propargite half-life decreases with high pH, 2–3 days at pH9, 48–78 days at pH7 and 120–720 days at pH5 (is propargite the same as DT?). Abamectin half-life is about 1 week on an unshaded soil surface and about two weeks to two months underneath the soil surface. It is also rapidly broken down in water, its half-life being four days in pond water and two to four weeks in pond sediment.

sounds like the latter is the pick of the bunch if you're going to go the path of systemics. thanks, very helpful information. i love this community!

oh and africanhaze, i think it’s time to buy her a new dildo lol

infocus

infocus

You're using this indoors only, right? I still can't approve of this sort of thing, but that's based on my own personal biases.

And highly toxic if released into the environment, and especially so to aquatic organisms. And, it's persistent! However, according to the links I provide below, it is not translocated within plant tissues, i.e. non-systemic.

It's a pyrethroid, meaning that it's a synthesized form of pyrethrins. It's highly toxic to invertebrates, especially bees. And we wonder why we're losing bees.

Those people are making the problem WORSE!

In conventional agriculture, not organic.

http://npic.orst.edu/ingred/bifenthrin.html
http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/biftech.html#chem

Oh, awesome, it's an endocrine disruptor! We need more of those! Should I trot out the carcinogenic effects...?

hmm that's interesting I was sure it was systemic. but looking into it i see you're right. Must have been thinking of something else with a similar name. Being a pyrethroid it would have relatively low toxicity to mammals, which one of those links indicates.

derelict

derelict

In conventional agriculture, not organic.

exactly. you'll never find a systemic used in organic farming, none that i know of anyway. i suppose theoretically you could find a naturally occuring systemic pesticide which would then be granted organic status. after all, organic chems are no more inherently safe than synthetic chems, strychnine and cyanide being 2 good example. but often synthetic chemicals are highly toxic and highy persistent. only now are we beginning to recognize that the 'silver bullet' of modern farming (aka pesticides) is actually becoming the number risk of the collapse of our global food supply.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That has limited efficacy though. predator mite need high humidity. has anyone experienced much success with these?
Search Coir's posts, he's using them in his commercial GH with great success.
exactly. you'll never find a systemic used in organic farming, none that i know of anyway. i suppose theoretically you could find a naturally occuring systemic pesticide which would then be granted organic status. after all, organic chems are no more inherently safe than synthetic chems, strychnine and cyanide being 2 good example. but often synthetic chemicals are highly toxic and highy persistent. only now are we beginning to recognize that the 'silver bullet' of modern farming (aka pesticides) is actually becoming the number risk of the collapse of our global food supply.
Well, considering the current state of the NOP and NOSB...? We may see that change. They won't be able to affect iFOAM much, though. You have ENTIRELY hit the nail, squarely upon its head!

marz

marz

That has limited efficacy though. predator mite need high humidity. has anyone experienced much success with these?

I used them once and stopped after I watched the activity under the microscope. it takes a while for them to find all the spider mite, and all the time they do black poops all over the buds and leaves that you then have to smoke. Id rather take my chances with a spray .. but maybe not the heavy shit talked about in this thread.

Supercharge

Supercharge

Hate to say it, but smoking anything is going to increase your chances of getting cancer.

Purpz

Purpz

trade secret. here's the msds. pretty dodgy imo not to inform the public what's in it. i won't use it personally. in fact, i would rather use a systemic pesticide that has full disclosure than something like mighty wash.

Say what?! I didn't ask about any MSDS, I was commenting on predatory mites lol

derelict

derelict

You didn't actually provide us with the MSDS then...
Say what?! I didn't ask about any MSDS, I was commenting on predatory mites lol

what the..? haha waaaay too many dabs yesterday :confused: i swear you asked about the msds for mighty wash..and that i actually posted it! guess i was thinking about it myself and then forgot to reply to what you said and instead posted about what i was thinking of. jesus i'm retarded sometimes. sorry guys..

well here's the msds if anyone is interested. i was so i looked it up yesterday.

Fearless

Fearless

I'm fairly certain bifenthrin is not a systemic. I can't find anything that suggests otherwise.

I use this for my plants indoors. Outdoors plants don't seem to get hit by spider mites.

It's commonly used in agriculture so it can't be that toxic..?

Top Bottom