An easy treatment for spidermites.

• Thread starter Fearless
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fearless

Fearless

I see many people having trouble with spider mite. I get them every crop during the spring and summer months and they are very easy to get rid of or prevent simply by 2 pre-emptive applications of the pesticide bifenthrin 7 days apart to break the cycle of any potential eggs that have been laid.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I see many people having trouble with spider mite. I get them every crop during the spring and summer months and they are very easy to get rid of or prevent simply by 2 pre-emptive applications of the pesticide bifenthrin 7 days apart to break the cycle of any potential eggs that have been laid.
never heard of it.

but I looked it up..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifenthrin

On a large scale, bifenthrin is often used against red imported fire ants. It is also effective against aphids, worms, ants, gnats, moths, beetles, grasshoppers, mites, midges, spiders, ticks, yellow jackets, maggots, thrips, caterpillars, flies, and fleas. It is mostly used in orchards, nurseries, and homes. In the agricultural sector, it is used in great amounts on certain crops, such as corn. About 70% of all hops and raspberries cultured in the United States are treated with bifenthrin

Interestingo_O

Its not safe? :confused:

Purpz

Purpz

Luckily I’ve never had the critters. But know people that make combos of many systemic miticides because some mites are becoming resistant. They spray on outdoor plants which is crazy because natural predators is a far better option. Steer clear I say.

marz

marz

abamectin is also sold in hydro stores but it is toxic and deigned for ornamentals only, so it’s usually just sold as ‘miticide’ or under a different guise

Which stores do that? should be reported to the fda.

marz

marz

That's fucked. they must have a short half life within the harvest period? I hope i'm right.

way2green

way2green

A lot of permythrin is used in ag chemicals if they are used in aerosols or any other application that crop dusters use. It is all from the ythrin family of derivatives. Most especially in mosquito sprays. It is usually disguised by the smell of some form of citric acid. I guess I am lucky that mites and white flies are still disgusted by neem oil.

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

A lot of permythrin is used in ag chemicals if they are used in aerosols or any other application that crop dusters use. It is all from the ythrin family of derivatives. Most especially in mosquito sprays. It is usually disguised by the smell of some form of citric acid. I guess I am lucky that mites and white flies are still disgusted by neem oil.

Permethrin is not a systemic.

way2green

way2green

I thought it depended on the carrier or inert ingredients.

way2green

way2green

I need to google that because most county and city municipalities in N Florida consider permethryn a systemic if it has an oil base or a carrier that would allow the chemical to float and contaminate water runoff.

way2green

way2green

Prince Blanc said:
Permethrin is not a systemic.
R u calling me out PC? Lets meet behind the Piggly Wiggly and settle this. I will have my posse. Haha. I am still having trouble finding the info I am looking for.

Top Bottom