AN Hammerhead PK 9/18 Discontinued?!?!

• Thread starter Malachi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Malachi

I went to my hydro store last night and I was upset to hear that AN has discontinued production of the Hammerhead bloom booster. I was going to pick that up and pair it with bushmaster for my ripening formula after talking to GTD and seeing his results. (He uses MOAB but since I don't have access to that nute he told me bushmaster could be substituted)

I went ahead and picked up some LKB. I think I am going to pair that with the AN Rhino Skin which is 0-0-10. The LKB is 0-10-10 so the pair should give me a NPK value of 0-10-20 with a little added silicate. This is my first time trying this out so if you guys have any input or experience running these together let me know what you think.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Looks like it is still available direct from the manufacturer. I ordered from here before because it was only place i could find the hammer head.

JB

M

Malachi

Yea there are a number of places where it is still available, but I heard that they have stopped production because of the nasty by-products that are created when its made. I don't want to start using a nutrient that will be unavailable once it is dialed in. I have been using LKB for a while so I think I am just gonna stick with that until I find something that is comparable to the Hammerhead.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
man i love hammerhead i might have to buy a few bottles. nothing adds crystals like it, will im sure stuff does i just havent used em yet i dont like change.

M

Malachi

man i love hammerhead i might have to buy a few bottles. nothing adds crystals like it, will im sure stuff does i just havent used em yet i dont like change.

I know what you mean man. I have an email in to advanced to ask them about this, I have known the guy at the hydro store forever and I don't think he would lie about it, although he may have recieved mis-information from a sales rep or something. I have my fingers crossed.

Edit: My curiosity got the better of me and I couldn't wait for the email so I decided to give them a call. The lady on the other end of the phone told me that it hasn't "officially" been dicontinued yet but the sales right now are not supporting it's manufacturing and that the end does indeed look near! Damn guys, maybe I will run it while I can?

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Time to stock up? how long will this stuff stay good, will it last more than a year?

also, any opinions from users who have used canna pk 13/14 that can give comparison results?

JB

Illmind

Illmind

Thanks for the news bro, that isn't what I wanted to hear. Oh well week 4-6 only now. Sorry ladys aha.

Billygoat

Billygoat

That sucks. Just mixed up a new batch of Nutz this morning. Guess, I'm going to have to stock up on what's around. The Canna version is different, 13/14. AN is a 9/18, so that's a nice difference. I'm wonder if they are going to come out with something else to replace hammerhead?
Take care,
BG

M

mrdizzle

seems like AN discontinues more shit that any other company

Illmind

Illmind

Who knows when you go in to get hammerhead they'll probrably have a nice reccomendation for you to something that's more expensive. Like conni. B4 hammerhead Big Bud did the trick.

Venom818

Venom818

have any of u guys tried ginormous 0-18-16 it may be the next best thing after the hammerhead,whats the shelf life of hammerhead anybody know.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Ya, they have. Maybe they are down sizing their line and focusing more on other things. Either way, there are other products out there. I've bounced back and forth to the PBP line and GH 3 part with Koolbloom

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I may have found one alternative, not perfect, but close- was just looking at the kushie kush stuff on the an website and it is 1-7-17

T

Tex

Premium Member
Supporter
I have to agree with Billygoat.. It's KoolBloom only.. KoolBloom dry works better than anything for me. The DRY is the shit..

For me, it just slams the fuk out of the buds and I've seen an increase of 10-15% of weight using it something like this.. Modify accordingly of course, 2 tsp/gal can be very hot for some plants..just know you plants....!

Day 1-14
NOTHING!!

Day 15-21

1 tsp./Gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 15)

Day 22-28
1 tsp./Gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 22)

Day 29-35

1.5-2 tsp./gal. Kool-Bloom POWDER (ONE FEED,DAY 29)

Day 36-43

1.5-2 tsp./gal Kool-Bloom POWDER(ONE FEED, DAY 36)

Day 44-51

1.5-2 tsp./gal Kool-Bloom POWDER(ONE FEED, DAY 44)

Illmind

Illmind

Once my 4L hammerhead is gone I going with Conni I hear good things now that the first few batches are gone. Heard bad things about the first couple batches. Hammerhead has pretty much unlimited shelf life but it's so concetrated and refined it's prolly like cooking crystal meth heh. Which has a dangerous bi product that is a bitch to get rid of safely.

R

R. Face

Yea idk if they disc. or not...bc i never listen to hydro guys, but i asked my guys, and they said they they havent discontinued it, but only order 2 botles at a time, bc of the demand.

I remember there was a scare about this last time, right after they combined the Sweet Leaf and Carbo load...But I think it'd be foolish to take this off the shelves. Its such a kick ass product. If they really do toss it, ill probably go with the Kool Bloom or MOAB. But it sucks bc im super comfortable with using the Hammerhead..so hopefully theyll keep it..theyd get alot of hate mail if they did.

Top Bottom