AN hate thread! Come hate away on AN! It's a party!

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GREENARROW

GREENARROW

The biggest problem with AN is when Dr. Hornby left. Everything went down the tube. How many times do you need to change a formula. If they actually sticked with Hornby's recipe it would good stuff. Big Mike is greedy and wants to make more money. It sad he has turn AN into inconsistent product that no one can follow up. This is everything wrong with the hydro industry G R E E D. Most of vet growers just still use GH. Even though GH has been diluted to point of water. We are all still over paying for nutrients.

When Dr. Hornby was around the products were good. But after they brought him out or him leaving. Everything turn inconsistent.

Now its just overprice. They use to do chelated elements. Now its just water soluble. I refuse to pay over 100$ a bottle for water soluble elements. AN needs to be more consistent and revert back to Dr. Hornby Recipe or AN will be another one of those Nute companies.

juniper

juniper

Most of vet growers just still use GH. Even though GH has been diluted to point of water. We are all still over paying for nutrients.

Are you referring to the 3 part Flora Series? Overpriced? Sure, but it's user-friendly, convenient, consistent, and has customizable NPK ratios. You can even omit Flora Grow, and use Micro/Bloom only. It's a quality product, objectively speaking.

To some, over-paying is not mixing your own dry fertilizer powder out of 55 gallon drums of mineral salts. It's buying 5 lbs. iron EDTA over iron DPTA because the former is a little cheaper. To others, you're the one missing out if you don't run Aptus/H&G/AN.

I use the Maxi Series, and if you compare it to Advanced Nutrients, it looks like the deal of a lifetime. Compare it to Jack's Classic, and it looks like you're getting robbed.

Liquid nutrients cost more; no way around it. Scale of the grow matters too; I'm not rushing to save a buck on my nutrient regimen because it costs me, like, $30/harvest.

Top Bottom