And so it begins, my first LED grow with DIY cabinet.

• Thread starter Dr.X
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.X

Dr.X

Well, its been a long time folks!!
This project has been on my mind since quite a while and now is time to begin this journey.
I wanted to try LED grow lights so I bought a customized one, actually 2, one for flower and one for Veg.

I started working on 2 small cabinets a few weeks ago, one for flower and the other has 3 spaces, one for Veg one will have the timers, filters and fans, and the third is a small division for drying the buds in a sealed space with vents passing through the carbon filter.

I'm still working on it but at least the flowering room is ready so I started some Diesel Ryder seeds in order to have some weed fast, I'm tired to spent my money in crappy weed... meanwhile the Diesels Ryder plants grow some buds, I'm gonna be working in my real project.

The strains for the real project are:

Dr. Green Spoon (Barneys)
Herijuana (Sannies)
Killing Fields (Sannies)
Jack Herer (Sannies)
Santa Maria (Sannies)
GDP (Kens)
BC God Bud (BC Bud Depot)

And yes, all this in a small space, the flowering room is 3,9ft high and 2,6ft² growing area. The veg room is 2,6ft high and 2,6ft² growing area .

Here are some pictures

And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet
And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet 2
And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet 3
And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet 4
And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet 5
And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet 6
And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet 7
And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet 8
And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet 9
And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet 10
And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet 11
And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet 12
And so it begins my first led grow with diy cabinet 13

Dr.X

Dr.X

Thanks Seamaiden! I do have lots of experience growing in small spaces, in fact, this is the biggest one I have had hahaha
but this is the first time I will grow so many strains. The smallest cabinet I've grown plants in was about 1,3ft² and almost 3ft tall.. and I grew 16 clones :D

And yeah man, I think as you said, LED tech is the wave of the future:cool:

Dunge

Dunge

You need is a lovely assistant and a cape.
I'm ready to see some magic (with a clown car touch).
Let the show begin!

619ster

619ster

Here for the show! Will be nice to see how those LEDs handle the autos. Any specifics on them?

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Yeah when you go to upgrade your pot size your going to run into problems. And for that small of a cabinet I'd scrog? I'm working with about the same height cabinet as you are except mine is longer than yours. I found scrog to get me insane growth and keeps my plants low for the size of my box.

Dr.X

Dr.X

The LEDs are 140W for veg and 200w for flower.

For the autos, they show sex at 3 weeks so I'll leave only a few girls and plant them all in a big smartpot. It may not be the best option for growing this plants but I'll get some grams while I work on the other room.

For the other plants, I'm planning on growing eventually all these genetics but I will start selecting one from each genetic and grafting a cutting of the selected ones in one mother plant. Lots of work but it will get me going in my project.
So when I have all the genetics in one mother plant I can use the flower room to flower 4 small plants of the genetic I feel like smoking haha

Dr.X

Dr.X

DieselDubs, I wont be scrogging for now because I prefer multiple strains, I will control height using LST.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's why I prefer SoG to ScRoG. Plus, if (read: WHEN) there are any problems, I can pull out the affected plants and treat fairly easily because they're in 1gal pots.

Dr.X

Dr.X

Well, I guess 3 years is two much for this seeds, most of the seeds grew deformed, some without the cotyledon or one of the cotyledon just don't develop, others grow out from the soil and is just the stem. :eek:
The good news is that I will get some fresh seeds from this grow and some weed because some seedlings are still gonna make it.

And I did also put the next seeds to germinate in a paper towel

BCGB x 2
Santa Maria x 2
Sannies Jack x 2
Killing Fields x2
Herijuana x 2
Dr Grinspoon x 2

Here some pictures of the week seedlings

DSC01519
DSC01520
DSC01521
DSC01524

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

nice cab man. im building one for some seed poppin atm.

not trying to preach, but ur soil looks a bit dry for seedlings, i would keep that nice and moist but not water logged. Another thing is, when planting seedlings in soil, make sure the soil is not to "hot" nutrient wise. dont use miracle grow products or Fox Farms Ocean Forest, ive seen seedlings deform like that in to hot of a soil. i prefer sprouting the little gals in an organic base soil with little additives. just my 2 pennies worth.

hope all grows well,
TOAO Z

Dr.X

Dr.X

Hey Theo, thanks for the advice, always welcome
I'm from Chile, I do not have fox farm products here, this is a light mix I made ;)

You are right about the water, normally I don't let the soil to get this dry but I still don't finish the other cabinet which has the extraction system... and today was warmer than usual. I did water them after I took the pictures tho.
I've been having a lot of work and couldn't find the time to work on the cabinet... but I'll get there :arghh:

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Cool cab. It seems like a false back (cab on the right) where the filter boxes sit, but I guess that's just the way it's been partitioned. Very cool, I've never seen it done that way and it's a much better use of space. It'll be cool to see how it develops.

Dr.X

Dr.X

Darth Fader, thanks! Yeah I installed a false back because I also want to dry the buds in that small place in the cab to avoid the smell of the drying buds, circulating the air from the drying place trough the carbon filter.

Here is a little update, today I worked a few hours and it is almost done. I'm anxious to focus in the really fun part that is growing my plants.
All the new seeds are growing real good.

Thumps up for Sannies Seeds!:)

DSC01547
DSC01548
DSC01549
DSC01550

Dr.X

Dr.X

Ok.. I got good and bad news..

First, the bad ones. Diesel Ryder seedlings are growing slow and show signs that the soil, as Theoneandonly said was too rich.. Well, I've been growing this plant enough to know if they do not grow as fastest possible from the beginning, I will end up with 2 inch bonsai plants... So I will start some Diesel seeds again but this time I'll use the same soil I'm using with the other plants.

Well, the other seedlings are doing great! yeah that was the good news. There is only one seed of BCGB that has taken little more time to sprout but I believe she will show any time now.

Here are a few pictures from today.

DSC01555
DSC01558
DSC01560
DSC01564
DSC01565
DSC01566
DSC01570

and sad looking Diesels

DSC01574

DSC01573
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

unfortunate mishap on the soil and im sorry to hear. ive done that myself a few too many times. ur cab is looking good though! im sure you will dial everything in as you grow. are you planning on flowering in that cab too?

Dr.X

Dr.X

Thanks for the good vibes Theone
Yes, I will flower the plants in the room on the left, with a 200w LED. That shouldn't be a problem since this is the biggest flowering room I have had :D

Don Peppy

Don Peppy

Cool little set up.. I noticed the sad sprouts are in those jiffy peats.. I never had good luck with them.. But your healthy ones are potted different.. I ran some ph adjusted water with about a 20% runoff, not a flush.. just enough to give them a nice rinse.. Mine did much better after uppotting into larger hard plastic pots.. They really don't look real sad.. Best to ya bro.. DP..

Latest posts

Top Bottom