And so it begins, my first LED grow with DIY cabinet.

• Thread starter Dr.X
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.X

Dr.X

OK, so I put my mind to it today after work.. now the vegetative room has vents :)

You can see in one of the pictures the difference between both rooms vents (both lights are on), the one that is ready has better light proof... still working on this to find a better options for light proofing.

DSC01684
DSC01685
DSC01687
DSC01691
DSC01692
DSC01694

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I
OK, so I put my mind to it today after work.. now the vegetative room has vents :)

You can see in one of the pictures the difference between both rooms vents (both lights are on), the one that is ready has better light proof... still working on this to find a better options for light proofing.

View attachment 341048View attachment 341049View attachment 341050View attachment 341051View attachment 341052View attachment 341054

Looking good! You have a nice crop going. Do you have more than one of the odd ball out there? Or the mutant(lack of better words). Id just trash it so your not fighting with it in the future..

M

max rez

X,
the plants look like...AMAZING! I cant believe how well the LED's are doing... Would you consider lining the walls with mylar to increase the reflectivity? I dont know if that would help with leds...Anyway, great informative thread here and I see your little buddy the dremal or rotary tool in one of the pics...aint they fun :)

keep up the awesome work :)

Dr.X

Dr.X

Thanks guys!

Top, I had the same idea at the beginning, getting rid of the freaky looking plant, but then I thought, what IF.. it is a mutant, freaky, one of a kind plant that gives me an amazing high?
So that's why the plant is still there... but now you put the idea back in my mind :banghead: hahaha

Max, mylar always help, the cabinet is not ready yet.. the flowering part is painted white, I was going to do the same with the veg room but since I started my plants before I finished, I think I would go with mylar this time. Do not want to get my plants smelling like paint nor getting stressed some how.

Even though dremel is one hell of a tool, I did not use it this time. The black case is an electric saw, I needed more power for this job :D

Dr.X

Dr.X

Here is another update. Diesel Ryder are growing well, I have 12 Diesels and hoping to get 4-5 females.. wont be making seeds this time, I prefer to go with the good quality and yield. :happy:

I have a question to whoever that can answer it haha the other day I was looking the plants and noticed that the most Indica dominant strains have more glossy leaves and I looked it up on the internet, looking for different Kush crosses and they all show that... is this a fact?

DSC01695
DSC01696
DSC01697
DSC01700
DSC01701

Dr.X

Dr.X

Hey today I noticed that one of the Santa Maria plants has shown sex!! I know they are fems, but it is still exciting to see the first pre flower appear, she is only 23 days.
I do not know if you can tell looking at the picture, camera is not that good.. but I swear there is one pre flower showing ;) haha

DSC01704
DSC01708
DSC01710
DSC01715
DSC01717
DSC01721

Dr.X

Dr.X

OK, today I worked a little on my cabinet. Now I have a cloning room, I made me a nice small cloner :)
I wanted to give the clones to a friend, so when I topped the plants I took a big part of them to make clones and.. to lower the size of the plant, now they will grow the lower branches nicely for the grafting process.
On the Diesel Ryder side things are going well, at the moment I have 4 confirmed females, I have cut 3 males and I believe other one is hermie.. the others hasn't shown anything yet.
Also I looked the plants with normal light and I realized that the plants needed nitrogen but with the LED light I couldn't notice it :(
DSC01726
DSC01727
DSC01729
DSC01732
DSC01733
DSC01736
DSC01739
DSC01742
DSC01743

DSC01749
DSC01752
Dr.X

Dr.X

Update!

Things are doing good, the only problem I have had until now is the Veg LED light that failed two led modules so I'm running half potency of light.. thus plants are growing slow..

On the flowering side things are doing great! 6 confirmed females and one that hasn't shown yet. I started some training in order to let other branches to get to the top. Is not the best technology for the job haha but is what I had when I decided to work on the plants hahah

DSC01756
DSC01757
DSC01759
DSC01764
DSC01765

ken dog

ken dog

sorry about half your light going out... That happened to me once as well.
hope you get it sorted out... I took mine back to where I bought it, and they gave me a replacement to use while they repaired it.

Dr.X

Dr.X

I talked with the sales representative and they sent me a replacement from Hong Kong, I received it in about one week. Now I noticed another one that failed before I even had the time to replace the first that went out.

I hope I can fix it soon..

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

sorry about half your light going out... That happened to me once as well.
hope you get it sorted out... I took mine back to where I bought it, and they gave me a replacement to use while they repaired it.
Is this what usually happens to LED's? I mean do they usually work for the life of the system or just kinda random. How long do they last again?

ken dog

ken dog

Is this what usually happens to LED's? I mean do they usually work for the life of the system or just kinda random. How long do they last again?

I own 9 LEDs, and only one has failed... it failed within the first month.
I would think that customer support is very important when buying LED's... I would go with a reputable distributor that stands behind their products and offers support.
I chose HTG Supply for my LED needs.

Dr.X

Dr.X

As Ken said, what's important in LED is customer support. I took my chances choosing this company (that I do not want to mention yet). So far they have shown to have an excellent customer support.. Why the first module failed I do not know, they ask me to send it back so they can see what happened.
The following module that failed, the reason was that two modules are connected to the same driver so when one of them failed the other one kept working at a higher current than what it was designed to.

I know that now the grow lights that they are making have one driver per module in order to avoid this kind of problems (according sales representative).

Lets see how it goes :(

PS: I believe my LEDs lights are made by the same company that makes for HTG Supply. (I may be wrong)

Dr.X

Dr.X

Update!

Diesel Ryders are going well (about 1 week since flowering), with 7 females growing in the same pot.. the bending process is starting to get tricky, but they are doing great. I lowered the lights for few days but today I had to pull the lights back up because some leaves started to show light burnt.

On the growing side, now I'm running CFL's meanwhile I get the new light.
The plants are doing awesome after they received the first feeding. (1ml/lt Bio Vega from Biocanna)

DSC01774
DSC01775
DSC01779
DSC01780
DSC01782
DSC01785

Dr.X

Dr.X

Yesterday I started grafting the plants.. Jack Herer #1 with Jack Herer #2 and viceversa.. did the same with all the strains. (just one branch at the moment)
Lets hope everything goes well..

DSC01787
DSC01789
DSC01791
DSC01792
DSC01793
DSC01798
DSC01800
DSC01801
DSC01802

Dr.X

Dr.X

Today I grafted again, previous grafted branches are ok, a couple of them are taking longer but others look good.
I still have to keep them under high humidity.
Cutting are doing ok also, only herijuana hasn't rooted yet but all the others are already in the soil. I took two cuttings today to have more clones for friends

Here are a few pictures from today

DSC01823
DSC01826
DSC01830
DSC01836
DSC01839
DSC01841
DSC01843
DSC01845
DSC01850
DSC01856

Dr.X

Dr.X

Diesel Ryders are getting close to being shopped. No more than 2 weeks.
On the grafting side, everything is going very slow... A few of them are doing good but others are taking more time.. I have to spray them water 2 times per day

DSC01868
DSC01872
DSC01873
DSC01876
DSC01885
DSC01887

Dr.X

Dr.X

Tonight I felt like smoking Diesel..:cigar::hungover:

Potency is ok (hope it improves with the curing), taste is getting better every day, I can tell the flush was well done because I have a smooth smoking ganja and white ashes..

I'm very happy with the results, I got 1,7 oz and for me that can last about 2 month :D

DSC01904
DSC01907
DSC01908

Top Bottom