And so it begins, sealed grow room project

• Thread starter Dummy buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dummy buds

Dummy buds

Hello everybody!!! So I'm finally able to start my new room build, it will be 5x5x10ish, im going to completely seal this room. I'll be using a 630w fluence spydr 2i light, and a dwc hydrobucket setup, the one with the inspection door on it (new design).

That Being said, dump your experiences, suggestions, criticisms, all of it.

I have been growing for 20 years, and I still learn new shit everyday. This will be my first time going with a dwc setup, let me know what you think
And so it begins sealed grow room project

Bushbandit

Bushbandit

I have been growing for 20 years, and I still learn new shit everyday. This will be my first time going with a dwc setup, let me know what you think
I remember my first lecture at university,we were told you would need more than one lifetime to learn everything about horticulture.
It’s why I love my job as a horticulturalist,I’m learning something new all the time.

Greetings and enjoy your grow

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

Thanks guys, work has me slammed right now so I haven't had much time to work on the room, I have to do a little more mudding and sanding still but not much. I got my Hydrobuckets, they are pretty badass, im looking forward to deep water culture. Mylar and dual hose ac should be here tomorrow, im gonna start off with advanced nutrients GMB line,h following eir feeding schedule. I will post a few pictures tomorrow, if at any point you have suggestions, or criticism let me hear it. 

20230129 221837
Dummy buds

Dummy buds

Ok, today I was able to finish mudding the outside of the room. I'll sand it in a day or two.

Tangie is in the plug, and waiting to pop

I have my AC infinity in, waiting on the filter

Using my old light controller for now, because of its overload protection in case something happens when I'm not home.

Still waiting for the AC unit

Any ideas for a sealing threshold?

20230201 162537
20230201 162532
20230201 162450
20230201 162436
20230201 162320
20230201 162300

KnuckleHead

KnuckleHead

Buds, I'm enjoying you're build big time. Good luck with the threshold. As suggested you'll just have to be clever with some weather stripping. The only criticism I have for you is the mylar. EWE! bad at reflecting light. I actually liked what you already had, it doesn't look shiny, but it actually reflects better than mylar. Mylar tends to have "hot spots" where it can blast focused light on a single spot.

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

@KnuckleHead I had read something similar about mylar, but it was tests that where conducted on MH/hps lights, which blast light in every direction. With LED lights you get a focused beam, not like a lazer, but more direct than the two. So I figured the mylar would add a little reflection. The aluminum foil on that insulation panel is really dull. And it was like $8 for a 25' roll lol.

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

I bought an AC infinity 6" oscillating fan, but it was for a tent, so I made my own mount. I might upgrade my controller to the ac infinity 69. I currently run the 67. It controls the fan, but not independently. For now it works great. Still waiting on seeds to germinate, I think my first tangy seed was a dud. I started and Afghani/Xeno cross that I've been working on for a couple years. It's killer, and I wanted to wait until I get DWC dialed in. In dirt it's a beast, and produces heavy numbers.

sorry the update isn't real exciting. Thank you all for your opinions and information. Keep it coming
20230206 170931

Top Bottom