And so it begins, sealed grow room project

• Thread starter Dummy buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Do not worry about a threshold. HD has a sweep that is basically fabric and you can cut it to size. It is basically 2-1" round foam pieces inside of fabric and you just cut it to size. That and some weatherstripping is all you really need.

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

And we got life!!!
20230208 105309

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

So check this out, I called Ac infinity and talked to a rep for about 45 minutes, if I remember correctly the guys name was Brad or Brian. After telling him what my goals are, and the current equipment I purchased, they upgraded my controller, sent me ducting, and the plugs to control the whole room. For free, blew my mind! Made my day!!!
20230208 195907

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

So check this out, I called Ac infinity and talked to a rep for about 45 minutes, if I remember correctly the guys name was Brad or Brian. After telling him what my goals are, and the current equipment I purchased, they upgraded my controller, sent me ducting, and the plugs to control the whole room. For free, blew my mind! Made my day!!!
Wow! When I last talked with their support about a problem with the Controller 69 Pro, all I got was a promise to forward my issue to their programmers.

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

@BigBlonde I have not on paper, I did a rough estimate in my head, which probably is close. I ran everything last night to test the controller, fans, etc, and it ran without a catch, and no cords were hot, or the outlets. My basement is on a 20amp circuit, im pretty sure I'm at 12-14amps

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

@BigBlonde I have not on paper, I did a rough estimate in my head, which probably is close. I ran everything last night to test the controller, fans, etc, and it ran without a catch, and no cords were hot, or the outlets. My basement is on a 20amp circuit, im pretty sure I'm at 12-14amps
Sounds good! It leaves you with enough power for other stuff, too.

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

@BigBlonde I'm actually at 16-17amp on a 20 amp circuit, but that's at full load, the ac doesn't run very often. The fans are at 1/3rd of max potential. I removed the power supply for the light out of the room so it doesn't get very warm in there. It sat between 70-72° all night, and the acts average run time was 8 minutes per hour. So I guess peak amperage is 17 amps. It'll be fine, nothing else runs down there.

Dummy buds

Dummy buds

Now one thing I would really appreciate some input on is the ducting for the AC, it let's a lot of light in. Should I paint them black, cover in black plastic bags (it works great). What are your guy's thoughts?

Top Bottom