Anonymous Gear - 1st Grow

• Thread starter BudLightyear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudLightyear

BudLightyear

Hello Farm,

I'm just a nobody who has collected some nice beans from different bag seed. I have 5 plants currently in the Veg state of week 6 I believe. Seeds planted June 17, and sprouted June 19, and 2 weeks of seedling growth to July 8.
Seedling1Seedling2

I have minimal experience with gardening and love to read, which has been helpful but also a disconnected experience.

Grow Setup
1 - 5x5 Tent in a 10x10 Bedroom
1 - 4' T-5 4 Bulb
5 Soil pots to start, transplanted to DWC when hearty looking enough.
DWC - 5 gal Black Buckets w/2 to 4 airstones
Temps Range from 76-86 f
Humidity is steady at 40%
Water is PUR filtered and PH'd to 5.8
Nutrients - Botanicare Cal-Mag, Hygrozyme, Advanced Grow, Bloom, Micro.
Feeding - Suggested Bottle Rec's - 2ml each per liter Grow, Bloom, Micro. Cal-Mag 5ml-Gallon. Hygrozyme 5ml-Gallon.

Vegetative state has been slow, and bushy. This is my first grow, so I've decided to concentrate on solid growth and not so much advanced techniques like LST, FIM, Topping.

These are over the Next 6 Weeks until Current as of today.
Seedling3Seedling4Seedling5Seedling6Seedling7Seedling8
Any and all tips, advice, criticism is welcomed and greatly appreciated. Thank You for checking this out. _BudLightyear_

Seedling2
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, the timeless bagseed grow, how I did my own first grow. And, the thing was, even though I now understand that it had seeds in the first place because of hermies, I still got a BETTER product than what it came from. I hope you do, too. :)

Reebs

Reebs

Ah, the timeless bagseed grow, how I did my own first grow. And, the thing was, even though I now understand that it had seeds in the first place because of hermies, I still got a BETTER product than what it came from. I hope you do, too. :)

same here, only the 1 out of 10 bagseeds that i kept around ended up being TGA's Chernobyl and turned out amazing and a hefty yield too. lol it wasn't until my 2nd, 3rd and 4th grows that i had all these rookie problems and pests and disease. i was like "Damn you Beginners Luck!!"

Bud - Babies look nice, i bet you'll do just fine! are you going to be putting in an HID light of some sort for flowering? and will it be in that 5x5 tent? and also i'm not %100 on this but i'm guessing that "PUR" water filter is like one of those ones that goes on the tip of the faucet? pretty sure those just filter out any tastes and smells from the water, as far as like filtering it like R/O, it doesn't work like that. it's not even a big deal at all, might even be a lil better than NOT using it but if your worried about your tap water i'd suggest going to the grocery store and getting like 2 5gal jugs of R/O water instead. it's cheap and since you only have a few things going on it shouldn't be to much of a hastle, but then again i could be wrong. lol hope this helps in some way. :confused:

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

Thank You! I hope I learn a lot this round and can get a half decent harvest. So you think all these seeds I've collected will be hermies? I was hoping for at least one female ha

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

same here, only the 1 out of 10 bagseeds that i kept around ended up being TGA's Chernobyl and turned out amazing and a hefty yield too. lol it wasn't until my 2nd, 3rd and 4th grows that i had all these rookie problems and pests and disease. i was like "Damn you Beginners Luck!!"

Bud - Babies look nice, i bet you'll do just fine! are you going to be putting in an HID light of some sort for flowering? and will it be in that 5x5 tent? and also i'm not %100 on this but i'm guessing that "PUR" water filter is like one of those ones that goes on the tip of the faucet? pretty sure those just filter out any tastes and smells from the water, as far as like filtering it like R/O, it doesn't work like that. it's not even a big deal at all, might even be a lil better than NOT using it but if your worried about your tap water i'd suggest going to the grocery store and getting like 2 5gal jugs of R/O water instead. it's cheap and since you only have a few things going on it shouldn't be to much of a hastle, but then again i could be wrong. lol hope this helps in some way. :confused:

Thank You! I have minimal experience so I'm somewhat timid to do anything too crazy. I have a 1000w MH and HPS already with a nice big reflector, it just seems like major overkill for these tiny plants? I also have some other beans from different companies that are reg, fem, and auto. Do you think I should sprout those and concentrate more on them rather than the bag seed? I appreciate the info on the RO water and feel somewhat silly for thinking I was cleaning my water haha. I did happen to notice that the water still had like 200-300 PPM on my EC stick after being PURified ha. Off to get some 5gal water bottles!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank You! I hope I learn a lot this round and can get a half decent harvest. So you think all these seeds I've collected will be hermies? I was hoping for at least one female ha
You should get some females, but don't be surprised if any or all of them hermie on you. Know that they're prone, so don't stress the girls when they show themselves.

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

You should get some females, but don't be surprised if any or all of them hermie on you. Know that they're prone, so don't stress the girls when they show themselves.

That's good to know, I'm just happy they're still alive, I've never done hydro before and I'm learning at a quick rate.
Decided to get some new beans for round 2 and go with trusted genetics. Trying to decide which strains is like trying to pick out a new unicorn, they all look so perfect.

I've done away with the tap water throughout the week in an effort to get PPM/PH consistent throughout the day. Yesterday was the first day of pure RO water with Nutes. Looking lovely this morning, except my tallest one has some GNARLY tip curl. I'm only using 3ml per liter of each, Grow-Bloom-Micro; 5ml per gallon of cal-mag and hygrozyme... PPM is around 1100-1200 and PH is started at 5.6.

Everything seems healthy still and I'm seeing a lot of new growth on the inner stalk. They are getting kind of bushy and running into each other.

Just snapped some photos of what's going on. *Edit* Tallest one is 18 inches and the rest are about 11.... Thinking switch to flower soon?? *Edit*
Photo 1Photo 2Photo 3Photo

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

... i'd suggest going to the grocery store and getting like 2 5gal jugs of R/O water instead. it's cheap and since you only have a few things going on it shouldn't be to much of a hastle, but then again i could be wrong. lol hope this helps in some way. :confused:

This actually helped a LOT. It was way easier doing all my nutrients and water all at the same time. That PUR filter was holding me up to 1 bucket a day at MOST. It was REALLY cheap too IMO like .97 for a gallon? Tested clean when I got home. Lowered my PPM by a few hundred. THANK YOU. :D

Reebs

Reebs

This actually helped a LOT. It was way easier doing all my nutrients and water all at the same time. That PUR filter was holding me up to 1 bucket a day at MOST. It was REALLY cheap too IMO like .97 for a gallon? Tested clean when I got home. Lowered my PPM by a few hundred. THANK YOU. :D

glad i could help. i have well water so i've messed around a few times with R/O water but couldnt' justify $300+ for an RO system.

the thing about RO water though, is that it has NOTHING in the water. so you are responsible for adding everything, including Cal/Mag.

they look super healthy now! :D

Reebs

Reebs

PS, you could cut down on the hygrozyme for sure too. stuff is exspensive and i first started using 4ML/gal and now only 1.5-2ML/gal with no diference except saveing money.
same with the cal mag. usually it's a good rule of thumb to use 2ML/gal of cal mag, in your case if your using RO water, i'd say a little more, like 3ML/gal.

as or the 3 part, i'd say those babies are old enough and strong enough now to handle some nutes. how much are you giving them of the 3 part at this point?

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

PS, you could cut down on the hygrozyme for sure too. stuff is exspensive and i first started using 4ML/gal and now only 1.5-2ML/gal with no diference except saveing money.
same with the cal mag. usually it's a good rule of thumb to use 2ML/gal of cal mag, in your case if your using RO water, i'd say a little more, like 3ML/gal.

as or the 3 part, i'd say those babies are old enough and strong enough now to handle some nutes. how much are you giving them of the 3 part at this point?

THANK YOU for the tip on the Hygro and Cal, I'd love to save money at this point haha!!

Ok, I worked some overtime today, and came home to some bright green plants!! :D BUT on further inspection, some of the top leaves have holes in them? Weird..

As far as nutes, I'm using AN Grow/Bloom/Micro. Bottle on all 3 says 4ml at most per liter, I just didn't think my plants were that big yet? I'm such a NOOB sometimes haha. They have had 2ml per liter of all 3 up until Yesterday when I spaced I was using 2 gallons instead of 3 and ended up bumping it up to 3ml a liter; purely by accident. Only the one really had tip curl, another one had 2 leaves trying to grow into the same spot and now they're all twisted up together. I checked inside the leaves because I saw somebody say that's a common sign something's living in there...and luckily there was nothing. I'm hoping they are just growing quickly and crowded for room?

Bout to eat lunch/dinner then snap some pictures of the holes. So odd.

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

Ok, got some pictures, and took a better look.

One plant has these little holes, none others. It's on the very top and theres no visible anything besides a hole? Three leaves are holy.

My other 3 plants have some pretty BIG leaves. The size of my hand. So the holy plant is the only small one still?

The tallest and darkest plant seems to be growing something balls maybe? Or a hair? Possibly first signs of Hermaphrodite plant? They're so small but towards the top of the plant about 4 nodes have these little ball/dick looking thing starting to grow next to the big hair where the branches are coming out. It was VERY hard to get a picture of what I'm talking about, but I think it's showing it's sex finally? All plants are still under a 4 foot T-5 4 Bulb on an 18/6 schedule for the lights.

3 of the plants are looking extremely healthy and have huge fan leaves all over the plant and a lot of inner growth. I have not been trimming or cutting anything. I took 2 cuttings from each plant very early on and haven't touched them since. These are getting very bushy and hitting the wall of the tent and each of the other plants already. Still in Veg which is crazy because flowering makes them a lot bigger and I'm kind of nervous how big they can get.

Here's some pictures of right now.
Image 1Image 2Image 3Image 4Image 5Image 6Image 7Image 8Image 9Image 10Image 11Image 12Image 13Image

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If that's the case, and you must be sure to account for the 2-week stretch, then you may want to go ahead and flip 'em now.
glad i could help. i have well water so i've messed around a few times with R/O water but couldnt' justify $300+ for an RO system.

the thing about RO water though, is that it has NOTHING in the water. so you are responsible for adding everything, including Cal/Mag.

they look super healthy now! :D
While I can't say these are the Cadillac units, I *can* say they're quite affordable--purewaterclub.com. I got the 6-stage, 100gpd RO/DI (reverse osmosis/deionization) unit for a buck ten, SHIPPED. My husband bitched a blue streak setting it up, and it's a bit tricky to get some of the filters changed back out and not have leaks (Teflon tape, Teflon tape, Teflon tape), but 3 years later I'm still happy with my unit.

When all else is ruled out, start from the beginning--the source water. It solved my issues!

Reebs

Reebs

These are getting very bushy and hitting the wall of the tent and each of the other plants already. Still in Veg which is crazy because flowering makes them a lot bigger and I'm kind of nervous how big they can get.

for sure, i just recently started taking smaller cuts so by the time they go into flower they are maybe 10-12'' tall. i do some planned pruning and topping as they are both the quickest options for changing growth for me and by the end of stretch while being trellised out, they are probably 3-4 times the size.

the thing about seeds to is that they have some great vigor since it's new plant and all, so thats something to consider.

even if they start to get outta control tall or something, you can pick up a 15x5 trellis for $5 at your local grow store and cut it to fit your tent and start weaving/spreading the plant to compensate for height. using the trellis is awsome anyways, i've used them in tents with great success and also just in general on my 3x6 trays. they help alot with obviously spreading the plant open, but also for controlling stretch and for support. check em out.

so ur tent is 5x5, how tall are the plants now?

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

...so ur tent is 5x5, how tall are the plants now?

The tallest is 19" and 24" wide
Second and third is 14" and 22" wide
The smallest are both 12"and 14" wide ?

I think the tallest is sprouting a hair where the sex organs sprout and I hope it is a true female. I would be so happy!

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

If that's the case, and you must be sure to account for the 2-week stretch, then you may want to go ahead and flip 'em now.

I'm kind of confused what the 2-week stretch is? I understood that as -they will stretch for 2-weeks once I flip the lights? I'm trying to look it up right now, thank you!

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

Work dropped a big wrench into the mix. I'm going to have to let these VEG for another month since I'm going to be out of town for a week soon. My fear is that my Eye Hortilux HPS and my 1000w Quantum digital aren't going to play nice from the stuff I've read around here and I don't want to chance it.

Guess it's time to start playing around with trimming and pruning :)

Wondering how much a plant can handle at one time. For example, taking only 2 branches off at a time?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm kind of confused what the 2-week stretch is? I understood that as -they will stretch for 2-weeks once I flip the lights? I'm trying to look it up right now, thank you!
Yes, they continue stretching for 2-3 weeks, strain-dependent of course, after you change the photoperiod to 12/12.

BudLightyear

BudLightyear

Plants look to be doing well under 1000w MH

Did a small bit of trimming on the lower and inner branches to see what the plants could handle.

Image Image

Latest posts

Top Bottom