Another Broad Mite Thread

• Thread starter mendo local
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mudskipper

Mudskipper

for your own sanity I think you made the right choice. The worst part is wondering if you got rid of them all.

I lost all of my genetics due to those mother f*uckers years ago. I introduced them into my life after helping someone out who didn't know they had them and they followed me home on my clothes. Now I don't want to help anyone anymore. sux but nothing is worst than those sob's. I'm still trying to recover my strains after 3 years.

Nice thing is that you still have a whole season ahead of you mendo local, so I think you got off very easy. give thanks

I had a friend last year who was able to beat russet mites in his greenhouse. He used predators and some sort of fungal spray. I couldn't believe he won.

The state of Oregon was releasing russets into the ditches in rural areas last year to control scotch broom, is what they claim. They devastated loads of peoples work.

mendo local

mendo local

So I've started the cleanup phase... everything in my house removed, cleaned and carpets cleaned... (grow room isn't in house just a precaution)... I loaded all the dirt from the infected room into contractor bags and got rid of it. Next I bagged up all grow equipment ant took it to the dump, dehum, pots and trays. Next I started my sprays in the room, alternating soluble sulfer and str8 bleach about 5 times each so far with the last being soaked in str8 bleach and the room heated to 120° for 12 hours. All I can really do is hope this isn't all for nothing if they got outside. And the cleaning continues. ...

mendo local

mendo local

for your own sanity I think you made the right choice. The worst part is wondering if you got rid of them all.

I lost all of my genetics due to those mother f*uckers years ago. I introduced them into my life after helping someone out who didn't know they had them and they followed me home on my clothes. Now I don't want to help anyone anymore. sux but nothing is worst than those sob's. I'm still trying to recover my strains after 3 years.

Nice thing is that you still have a whole season ahead of you mendo local, so I think you got off very easy. give thanks

I had a friend last year who was able to beat russet mites in his greenhouse. He used predators and some sort of fungal spray. I couldn't believe he won.

The state of Oregon was releasing russets into the ditches in rural areas last year to control scotch broom, is what they claim. They devastated loads of peoples work.
Were you able to get rid of them with a good cleaning?

pugliese63

pugliese63

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know how frustrating and disheartening that can be. I went through this several years ago. I did a lot of research with the into eliminating as well as preventing them.
As a final step I would coat the walls, floors and the perimeter outside with Bifen and Nyguard IGR. This will really give a good defense against broads and any other cannabis loving pests. The IGR is key to breaking the reproductive cycle of all pests.
Bifen is a synthetic pyrethroid that is used in the treatment of food service facilities, dairies, ect. It breaks down after about 60 days. The IGR will last up to 6 months and will keep any pest from maturing into an adult, which breaks the reproductive cycle. Twice a year treatment should keep you pest free.
If you have pets you'll see a drastic reduction in fleas as well.
I've posted a couple of links below if you're interested.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bifen-it-p-226.html

I hope this may be of benefit to you.

mendo local

mendo local

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know how frustrating and disheartening that can be. I went through this several years ago. I did a lot of research with the into eliminating as well as preventing them.
As a final step I would coat the walls, floors and the perimeter outside with Bifen and Nyguard IGR. This will really give a good defense against broads and any other cannabis loving pests. The IGR is key to breaking the reproductive cycle of all pests.
Bifen is a synthetic pyrethroid that is used in the treatment of food service facilities, dairies, ect. It breaks down after about 60 days. The IGR will last up to 6 months and will keep any pest from maturing into an adult, which breaks the reproductive cycle. Twice a year treatment should keep you pest free.
If you have pets you'll see a drastic reduction in fleas as well.
I've posted a couple of links below if you're interested.

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com/bifen-it-p-226.html

I hope this may be of benefit to you.
Oh he'll yah! Thank you so much for letting me know about that stuff!!! I'm on it!

pugliese63

pugliese63

Oh he'll yah! Thank you so much for letting me know about that stuff!!! I'm on it!
My pleasure. When I have a little more time this week I'll share a couple of other things I do now as well, all preventive. Rarely do I treat my plants with anything. Once you get a good a pest control routine established you should be able to stay 99% pest free.

mendo local

mendo local

I'm able to get my room to 135° with a 55,000 btu propane heater and the lights on.... anyone know how hot is too hot? Like fore wiring, electrical and I have a sub panel in there too...last thing I need is to burn the house down!

Top Bottom