Another full tent with TenguSeeds

• Thread starter 0ttomanfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Hey guys
Since i started a new batch of @Trustfall seeds, i wanted to make another grow diary. This time i will not use my normal nutrients. Instead i will try the BioTabs.NL "only water" strategy.
The basic idea is, you prepare your soil once and add only water afterwards. When flipping to bloom you feed once with a liquid fertilizer.
Here is a short video for those interested:
This link shows the manual: https://biotabs.nl/download/organic-cultivation-manual-english.pdf
I want to try this because it sounds very simple, its all organic and i like the fact that everything is in the soil, like it would be in nature.

The set contains:
Startrex - Soil improver
Bactrex - Bacterias
Mycotrex - mycorrhiza spores
Orgatrex - liquid fertilizer
BioTabs - Slow release fertilizer tab

Equipment contains:
Seedling/Grow stage:
Tent 0,80 x 0,80 x 1,80
150W - Baboboard - 140x Samsung LM301H One, 20x Samsung LM301H Evo Mint, 120x Osram GW QTLQS1.LM, 8x Osram GH CSSRM4.24, 4x Osram GF QSSPA1.24
3.5L standard pots

Blooming stage:
Tent 1,50 x 1,50 x 2,00
680W - Ocl Skwid 1900 - 2880 LM301H Samsung Chips & 96 Oslon SSL Osram Chips
9l Air Pots
Several Fans
pH and EC meter for correct values. I go with 6.2ph most of the time.

19 Seeds were put into Seedplugs, and watered with Bactrex. The seeds were:

10x Original OG x Oaxaca
6x Triangle Grape Cake x Banana OG
3x Wedding Cake Bx1 x Bandiad Haze #7

Another full tent with tenguseeds

One day later somehow the humidity dropped extremely and i dont know why. I was shocked when i opened the tent. The result was, most of the seeds that were on their way out had problems to push off the seed skin. I had to make an emergency operation :) I watered all, with a needle, drop for drop, waited for them to rehydrate. Then i took two toothpicks and helped them out of their shells. This is how it looked before my operation...
Another full tent with tenguseeds 2

I managed to get them all free somehow. I had to put some earth one the long one(right block, mid, top lane) and rearrange his head. Today, another day later, i transplanted them into bigger pots (3.5L). Pots got prepared with BioBizz Light Mix, Perlite, Startrex, Mycotrex in the hole for the seedling and one tab in the soil. Watered with Bactrex at the end. This is how it looked today after repotting and two days after planting seeds. They look really fresh again:)
Another full tent with tenguseeds 3

So 15/19 came after 2 days. I am still waiting for one Bandriad Haze, one Oaxaca and two of the Banana OGs. I hope they will follow up, otherwise i will add 3 fem Wedding Cake x Garry Payton to the mix to get the big tent full.

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

25 plants atm, will get some out on sunday. Did defolatiate bottom leaf pairs for better airflow.
Whats in it:
reg 10/9x Original OG x Oaxaca
reg 6/4x Triangle Grape Cake x Banana OG
reg 3/2x Wedding Cake Bx1 x Bandiad Haze #7
fem 2/2x oki Wedding Cake x Garry Payton
reg 6/6x Grape Cream Cake f2 x Triangle Kush
fem 2/2x oki wedding cake x San Fernando Valley OG

20230615 201129
20230615 201143

One mutant bottom right :D
Original OG x Oaxaca

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

They grow and grow. Since big tent is free now i could finally move the "small" ones into the big tent. They doubled in size within 1 week. I raised the light and they stretched like crazy, a bit to much at the end. This time i wanna try manifold technique to max A-Buds.

Also we did take two cuts of every plant to make clones.
20230623 220024 2

This is how the big tent looks for now. Cant tell how long the plant will need to recover and make 4 nodes. Maybe two weeks more veg ? We will see.
180W at the moment. Watering every 2nd day. Will be a challenge to make an even canopy ^^
20230624 005845

The clones i try to keep humidity between 80-90%. Temps around 25-27°C.

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Hey guys, short update on the plants.
I am waiting for the 2 branches i left on each plant, until they all got 4 nodes.
No Roots on the cuts yet.
20230626 230749
20230626 230754

Some are long enough now for bending. I am bending them down with some bending clips. Need to look out now, if they stretch to much i will get problems later with the height. If the nodes dont have enough space in between them i will also get problems. Added some Seaweed into the water to improve vegetative growth. No roots on the cuts.
20230628 213302

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Hello farmers, here an update on the plants. Since we wanted to go for a mom this run, there is much to do.
More and more plants gathering for the, hopefully, one and only.
We made two cuts from every plant, that made 30 clones. From that only 4 did not root, the rest started to show roots after 10days. The good thing is we got from every plant a clone. The bad thing is, space is getting a matter.

20230705 200605 2
20230705 201614 2

We didnt lose a plant while transplanting. Since we will lose some plants due to beeing male we made some backup plants, which are also growing nicely. Some plants have an interesting structure. The Bandriad Haze for example, the nodes are not on one level. Looks interesting.
So we waited for the fourth node on the left side branches, did cut it off, removed the middle node. Tried to clip em down, but most plants didnt care.
20230705 225635
20230705 232614

This pics were taken before 10 days. Big tent and clones in small tent.
20230705 235203
20230705 235313

Two days later, more bending and green in the big tent, more clones in the small one...
20230707 220713

20230707 220650

Another two days later...

Yesterday we potted them in their final pots. Gonna switch the big tent to 12/12 in a few days. Made some backup plants for the males to come.
This is how it looked yesterday.

Tent 1: Bigger clones and fresh cutted ones
20230714 225732

Tent 2 (usually dry tent, needed more space...) little clones
20230714 225713

Tent3 Soon into 12/12
20230714 225639

Never had so many plants at once. Quite some work ^^

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Hello farmers, here an update on the plants. Since we wanted to go for a mom this run, there is much to do.
We made two cuts from every plant, that made 30 clones. From that only 4 did not root, the rest started to show roots after 10days. The good thing is we got from every plant a clone. The bad thing is, space is getting a matter.

View attachment 2008644View attachment 2008645

We didnt lose a plant while transplanting. Since we will lose some plants due to beeing male we made some backup plants, which are also growing nicely. Some plants have an interesting structure. The Bandriad Haze for example, the nodes are not on one level. Looks interesting.
So we waited for the fourth node on the left side branches, did cut it off, removed the middle node. Tried to clip em down, but most plants didnt care.
View attachment 2008648View attachment 2008649

View attachment 2008650View attachment 2008651

Two days later, more bending and green in the big tent, more clones in the small one...
View attachment 2008655
View attachment 2008654

View attachment 2008658

Yesterday we potted them in their final pots. Gonna switch the big tent to 12/12 in a few days. Made some backup plants for the males to come.

View attachment 2008661

View attachment 2008662

Tent3 Soon into 12/12
View attachment 2008663

Tent looks awesome! Watering looks like it’s going to get tough soon though!

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yes you are right. Backrow is a pain in the ass already. Bought this one for the backrow now...
View attachment 2008737

thx bro!
I use one as well 😁 actually have some water in mine with some misquito bits floating in it to give each plant a little IPM 😁(root drench)… noticed an uptick in gnat larve when removing unwanted clones and wanna attack ahead of time 😁

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Hey guys. Here a update on the actual grow. Since i posted last time, the plants did double/triple in size.
Switched to 12/12 on 20.07.2023. On Thursday it will be 3 weeks in. I already got a height problem with the oaxaca :)
@Trustfall u told me like 2 weeks veg for the oaxaca, i had like 5weeks :P
Trying to bend them down with 2nets, light at max height already. The surviving clones look good and starting to grow to fast already. Holding them all small enough for several months will be a challenge too.
This pics are from 20 July, day of flip.

Tent1
20230720 155918

Tent2
20230720 155926

Tent 3 (flip)
20230720 155934

As you can see its already crowded. After a 8 days first males left the tent.
Male/female ratio were:
9x Oaxaca x original OG Kush - 3males
3x Triangle Kush x Banana OG - 1 male
2x Bandriad Haze - /
Garry Paytons and SFV OGs - fems stayed fems
5x Grape Cream Cake F2 - 5 male 100% :(
We moved the Grape Cream cakes during light phase from veg to flower tent. I dont know if the light cycle and the light intensity stressed them to much. One Garry Payton got overwatered and was thrown out. The soil also had pests so it wasnt worth risking something.
Yesterday we defoliated the plants from bot to mid section.

This is how the plants looked before and after
20230807 203013 2

This is the tent "after" the defoliation. After installing the 2nd net i will do another defoliation to get rid of the big fan leaves blocking bud sights.
20230807 222355

As you can see plants are looking healthy. Didnt see a yellow leave until now. I want to remind that i water only water, plants seem to handle the nutes in the soil pretty well until here. The veg times of the plants are different, it varies from 6 weeks to 3.5 weeks. Flower time also different so i wont be able to empty the tent at once.
Lets see what happens. So far i am happy, plants starting to smell and growth was very good until now. Ill keep you updated...

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Hey guys. Short update on the ladies.
Third week of flowering has started. Garry Paytons already started to show frost. Oaxacas growing fast and strong.
Second net installed now, tried to make an even canopy. Raised lights to 630W. Added a bit of silicium and calmag into the water. Calmag just for the case(since lights got raised) and the silicium for stronger plants since they got bended and start to produce buds heavily. Also we are adding once per week BioTabs pk 5-8 as recommended from BioTabs.
Who is in there ?
2x Wedding Cake Bx1 x Bandriad Haze
1x Wedding Cake oki x Garry Payton
2x Wedding Cake oki x SFV OG
3x Triangle Kush x Banana OG
6x Oaxaca x Original OG

makes a total of 14 plants.

As you can see on the image, there aint much space left to the lights.
20230810 195459

Bottom is clean and open for watering. Some pot heights had to be adjusted due to size difference.
20230810 195506

Canopy more or less even now. Only on the sides, the net bends inwards so i cant lay them down. I wonder if those will go higher than the lights...
20230810 195456

Somehow my only 8 bud sites per plant strategy got out of control. It is way more now but the tent is filled with bud sites, as it should be.
It still feels like i should defoliate some more. What would you guys say ? Since this is the 3rd week, for how long could i defoliate. I am always reading last defoliation in 3rd week of flower. If that is the case then i should go for some more probably before time moves along?!
I was thinking to defoliate once or twice a week, for the next to weeks. Only like 2 or the 3 leaves per plant, per session. That would be like 8-12 leaves per plant in the next 2 weeks. That shouldnt stress them to much ? I dont wanna stress them to much. Or would you say do one more defoliation for all and leave it there?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

View attachment 2008644View attachment 2008645

View attachment 2008648View attachment 2008649

View attachment 2008650View attachment 2008651

View attachment 2008655
View attachment 2008654

View attachment 2008658

View attachment 2008661

View attachment 2008662

Tent3 Soon into 12/12
View attachment 2008663

Don’t know how I missed all these up dates but looking good buddy! And yes people don’t realize once you get to higher numbers of plants at home by yourself it’s a ton of work!

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Hey guys. Short update on the ladies.
Third week of flowering has started. Garry Paytons already started to show frost. Oaxacas growing fast and strong.
Second net installed now, tried to make an even canopy. Raised lights to 630W. Added a bit of silicium and calmag into the water. Calmag just for the case(since lights got raised) and the silicium for stronger plants since they got bended and start to produce buds heavily. Also we are adding once per week BioTabs pk 5-8 as recommended from BioTabs.
Who is in there ?
2x Wedding Cake oki x SFV OG
3x Triangle Kush x Banana OG
6x Oaxaca x Original OG

makes a total of 14 plants.

As you can see on the image, there aint much space left to the lights.
View attachment 2022089

Bottom is clean and open for watering. Some pot heights had to be adjusted due to size difference.
View attachment 2022090

Canopy more or less even now. Only on the sides, the net bends inwards so i cant lay them down. I wonder if those will go higher than the lights...
View attachment 2022088

Somehow my only 8 bud sites per plant strategy got out of control. It is way more now but the tent is filled with bud sites, as it should be.
It still feels like i should defoliate some more. What would you guys say ? Since this is the 3rd week, for how long could i defoliate. I am always reading last defoliation in 3rd week of flower. If that is the case then i should go for some more probably before time moves along?!
I was thinking to defoliate once or twice a week, for the next to weeks. Only like 2 or the 3 leaves per plant, per session. That would be like 8-12 leaves per plant in the next 2 weeks. That shouldnt stress them to much ? I dont wanna stress them to much. Or would you say do one more defoliation for all and leave it there?
There’s a tech out there called the Miami mango tech, defoliate on day 21 and 42 of bloom. I’ve had good success when I’ve done it.

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Hey guys. Another update, this time with not so good news. Done another noobie mistake. I stressed them to much during tent transfer i guess. From like 120W to 480W straight, with the 12/12 cycle switch, was to much i guess. Also weather at that time was very bad here too. We had like 30°C+ and 80+ humidity for some days. Two Triangle Kush x Banana OG, both SFV OGs couldnt handle it and did herm as you can see on the pics.
20230816 190616 2
20230816 190643 2
20230816 191048 2
20230816 191654
20230816 191859

Its a shame, all were beautifull plants. I think i didnt see it early enough. Some pollen got out probably and pollinated the others who did not herm. The tips of the pistils on many buds turned brown, which is a sign for pollination i did read. So we had the decision to take, do we keep the rest or start from scratch. A quick look on our left weed made it an easy decision ;) We keep rolling with the plants. Our hope is that it wont be seeded to much. If its to bad to smoke, we can still make something else out of it. Nevertheless, another thing i learned and i wont forget = "Smooth Transfer"...

This is whats left now:
1x Triangle Kush x Banana OG
6x Oaxaca x Original OG

This is how it looked before watering 2 days ago
20230821 194413

last Triangle Kush left, he brown already after 4 weeks
20230821 194322

Best look of all Garry Payton
20230821 194243

I will keep you updated. I think from the 4 hermies only one really polinated. The others didnt look opened to me yet. Any hints on what i have to expect now after (maybe?) a few days (3-4?) polination in the tent, is highly apreciated. Should i even bother to finish or better start from scratch. I mean i can live with some buds which got seeds for this time, but if every bud will be full with seeds i should maybe start new. Since i have no experience with this at all i dont really know what to expect from this pollination.

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

Hey guys, long time i didnt write.
First of all i wish you guys all a happy new year 2024.
The grow did come to an end so did our corporation with my friend. We stopped growing together due to different views. Plants were huge at the end. Nutrients (remember i tried the BioTabs strategy), were still not enough, even though we only ran 480W must of the time. The long flowering time was definetely something new for me.

We harvested:
1x Garry Payton - 50g - Garry tasty as usual
1x Banana OG - 40g - Wasnt good but the plant was way under her possibilities
6x Original OG x Oaxaca - Wide range of phenos - 3 sour 3 hazy in diferent nuances - around 60-65g per plant but lost some to mold during drying.
2x Wedding Cake BX1 - Bandriad Haze #7 - nearly 80g per plant - These two are the absolute winners. One pheno clearly Wedding Cake the other one is a taste i never had before, but it is delicious! We gave them 14weeks but 15 or 16 would have been even better maybe.

Of all seeds i done till now from you @Trustfall this two ladies are my favourites!

Haze pheno
20240108 132746

Wedding Cake pheno
20240108 132850

Top Bottom