Another, "Is it done" thread. Harley is Hella Amber at 6 weeks!

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

look ready to you?

• no

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • maybe for a high CBD strain

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
might be 7 weeks hard to tell when they triggered. But There are way too many hairs alive still I have ran this cut 3 time before and I dont think it got this anber this early...:confused:

whats up with that? (my wife made me ask) Is it ready?

Harely005
Harley001
Harley004
Harley003
Harley008

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I'm not sure what does that but I had the same thing happen 2 me a few years back outdoor.. I grew a Alien OG & the buds were red as fuck bcuz of so much amber.. But I still let it go another 3-4 weeks b'cuz the buds were still getting fatter.. I think the outside does crazy things 2 plants.. I've also gotten lots of outdoor buds that were coated in red crystals.. I think some strains juss do that.. I really have no idea y.. I'd say let it go longer but its sure gunna b 1 of ur faster finishing strains..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks for the reply Goo :)

I guess it was a dumb question to ask...I know its up to me..(and my wife of course)

And I have this usb microscope , so I cut a bud this evening to have a look

Harleyunderscope

Harley9 12

some hairs are still green...But the hairs are coated with frost too. :)

Some one said the hairs dont have THC when I collected them to roll:confused: ...do they have CBD?

they have something on them

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
thanks again you guys :)

this is High CBD meds...and I have read lots of conflicting info on haresting CBD

The old info says CBD is degraded THC (i think thats wrong)
...now ....the latest reports say the CBD forms early..

here is what George C sdays
Preference dictates harvest time. Once stalked trichomes develop a knob or a head, are fully developed and still translucent, it is the peak of an early harvest. Amber colored glands are decomposing and THC content declines slightly. Resin glands seldom develop uniformly. Therefore some glands will be changing to translucent and others decomposing. Peak harvest is when more glands are translucent than amber. Check over a period of several days and check several buds from different plants to make sure the maximum amount of trichomes are ripe for harvest.
Growers report a soaring high if buds are picked a little early, when more resin glands are translucent and a heavier more lethargic stone when buds are picked after more resin glands show amber.

Sox; I will take more photos :)

Alkhemit

Alkhemit

Lookin good man!! Really nice work. Great to see an outdoor grow. CBD isn't degraded THC.. its synthesized through its own pathway. Cannabigerolic acid CBGA is grabbed by CBDA synthase and creates CBDA... the acid form of CBD. When CBDA is exposed to heat and dries, it loses its carboxylic acid tail and becomes CBD. THCA also becomes THC through the same type of process when dried/heated. Hope all is well. All my best brother.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
more great info

Late floral clusters exhibit the full potential of resin production, aromatic principles, and psychoactive effect. Complex mixtures of many mon oterpene and sesquiterpene hydrocarbons along with alcohols, ethers, esters, and ketones determine the aroma and flavor of mature Cannabis. The levels of the basic terpenes and their polymerized by-products fluctuate as the resin ripens. The aromas of fresh floral clusters are usually preserved after drying, as by the late floral stage, a high proportion of ripe resins are present on the mature calyxes of the fresh plant. Cannabinoid production favors high THC acid and rising CBN acid content at this stage, since most active biosynthesis has ceased and more THC acid is being broken down into CBN acid than is being produced from CBD acid. CBD acid may accumulate because not enough energy is available to complete its conversion to THC acid. The THC-to-CBD ratio in the harvested floral clusters certainly begins to drop as biosynthesis slows, because THC acid levels decrease as it decom poses, and at the same time CBD acid levels remain or rise intact since CBD does not decompose as rapidly as THC acid. This tends to produce marijuana characterized by more somatic and sedative effects. Some cultivators prefer this to the more cerebral and clear psychoactivity of the peak floral stage.
Harvesting Cannabis at the proper time requires information on how floral clusters mature and a decision on the part of the cultivator as to what type of floral clusters are desired. With harvesting as with other techniques of cultivation, the path to success is straightened when a definite goal is established. Personal preference is always the ultimate deciding factor.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Lookin good man!! Really nice work. Great to see an outdoor grow. CBD isn't degraded THC.. its synthesized through its own pathway. Cannabigerolic acid CBGA is grabbed by CBDA synthase and creates CBDA... the acid form of CBD. When CBDA is exposed to heat and dries, it loses its carboxylic acid tail and becomes CBD. THCA also becomes THC through the same type of process when dried/heated. Hope all is well. All my best brother.

Thanks Alk :)

dorjewright

dorjewright

thanks again you guys :)

this is High CBD meds...and I have read lots of conflicting info on haresting CBD

The old info says CBD is degraded THC (i think thats wrong)
...now ....the latest reports say the CBD forms early..

here is what George C sdays
Preference dictates harvest time. Once stalked trichomes develop a knob or a head, are fully developed and still translucent, it is the peak of an early harvest. Amber colored glands are decomposing and THC content declines slightly. Resin glands seldom develop uniformly. Therefore some glands will be changing to translucent and others decomposing. Peak harvest is when more glands are translucent than amber. Check over a period of several days and check several buds from different plants to make sure the maximum amount of trichomes are ripe for harvest.
Growers report a soaring high if buds are picked a little early, when more resin glands are translucent and a heavier more lethargic stone when buds are picked after more resin glands show amber.

Sox; I will take more photos :)

This and the other quote are really interesting who is George C and where did you find this reference?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
imho best way is to pull and test at a lab. harvest at 56,63,70, 77 for example test em all and find the time to harvest when cbd % if peaking. Will vary each time but at least can get a good baseline.

This and the other quote are really interesting who is George C and where did you find this reference?
Probably Jorge Cervantes

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
sorry,
Jorge Cervantes

Grow Guru that wrote the grow bible

Thegrowbook

=George+Ce&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=5936a6d8fe4522bb&biw=1920&bih=919

Top Bottom