Another MPB Nute Thread..

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

Ok, well i'm getting ready to fire up the 7 plant system, and I'm wondering what im going to doo for bloom boosters.. Here is what I know for sure:

H&G Aqua Flakes A&B
H&G Roots Excelurator
H&G Multi Zen
H&G Algen Extract
Great White

I may use top booster and bud xl but im looking to stay away from shooting powder. Also, H&G does not use any early bloom boosters, not untill week 4 or 5 do you start feeding bloom boosters.. I dunna if I agree with that.

If I used AN for bloom boosters what would I use? How about GH and others?

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

Hey good thread lost, I'm interested to see the mpb'ers take on different nutrient additives and regiments. For my run I'm staying pretty close to dds nutrient schedule and adding AN's bud blood, big bud and overdrive to the H&G aqua flakes. I really like the bud xl from H&G but I need to do some more research before it gets added into that regiment to make sure I'm not overlapping and overdosing certain nutrients. H&G's early bloom additive is the multi-zen, which dds appears to use the entire cycle, though H&G recommends dropping it after week 3. I'll probably switch over to hygrozyme or cannazym after week 3 to help break down decomposing roots. Using so many different products and additives makes it hard to really know which ones are being truly effective, so I'm trying to stay on the simpler side until I get a better grasp of what my strain desires in the mpb. I know I would like to add a synthetic carbohydrate into the mix, like sweet, hydroplex or floranectar, though it seems like adding sugars to your mpb has its risks. After seeing your success and others with the snow storm ultra, I'm thinking about giving that a shot as well, what are your thoughts on snow storm? Will you use it again? Also which mpb'ers are using the hydro-fungicide and what are your thoughts on the product?

M

mrdizzle

I havent used the hydro fungicide. Im trying to rock the less nutes. Floranova, koolbloom,floralicous plus and cal-mag from week 3.

I actually have been not changing my res out every week. My bubbas have gotten 2 res changes in 8 total weeks in the buckets.I am trying to rock the bio-bucket theory, I must say the roots as pearly, and the res is crystal clean

my last room I didnt change the res from week 4-9 then a week flush. the roots looked perfect which I was suprised because I figured they would brown up a bit

L

Lost

I think with all the oxygen in this system, it halps break down the wastes. Thats how they do sewage, they pull out the soilds and put the sewage in huge ponds and airate the fug outta it.

M

mrdizzle

yea there are natural poop eating benies in the air, I read a nice article in urbangardener or maxyeild I can remember. But they were saying in a RDWC its actually better to let the water become alive so to speak, they claim within 2days they start to form, I guess they are evreywhere, the air, our hands ect. Since I only top up with a maybe 20gals at a time the chlorine doesnt kill off the beniez. I dont know if Im cheating my plants out of anything, My PPMs stay at around 1200-1400 and everything stays lush and live is boring.

B

bakershredhead

Yo Dizzle do you just keep adding nutes to your top off or do you add plain water for say 50 gl and then go back to nutes. I think I'm gonna stay with a nute change every two weeks. Hey Lost why don't ya wanna use the shooting powder? Is it that it can easily burn the plants?

M

mrdizzle

I switch back and forth, some days I add water and some days I nute about 30gals worth

C

Coxie

h202?

Great thread. Is anyone here using h202 with success?

M

Malachi

i would say AN hammerhead as a bloom booster bro, i just recently switched to hammerhead from koolbloom and they are leagues apart. you can pair it with MOAB or bushmaster for ripen in your final 2 weeks of flower. it is what GTD swears by and now i know why ... it would be interesting to see it in a MPB setup

D

doubleds

I havent used the hydro fungicide. Im trying to rock the less nutes. Floranova, koolbloom,floralicous plus and cal-mag from week 3.

I actually have been not changing my res out every week. My bubbas have gotten 2 res changes in 8 total weeks in the buckets.I am trying to rock the bio-bucket theory, I must say the roots as pearly, and the res is crystal clean

my last room I didnt change the res from week 4-9 then a week flush. the roots looked perfect which I was suprised because I figured they would brown up a bit

changing your res 2wce a grow is bad bro, very bad for yield and also health. When you learn your plant backwards and forwards you will see it needs different ppm's every week, low first 2, high next 4 weeks and med - low last 3 weeks. What about differnt bloom boosters... you dont feed overdrive weeks 3 - 6 and week 9, big bud you wouldnt feed weeks 7,8,9.

If you do end up getting a small amount of pythium in your res or anything else harmful regular res changes keeps everthing in chack.

my 2 cents worth

dds

M

mrdizzle

I really only change my additives on week 5-6 to koolbloom powder from liquid

its funny you say this because last night I pulled some roots out of one of the drains and it was pretty long and the end was kinda dead. It made me nervous and realize that I could be getting a lil cocky on thinking I cant get root rot in this system. Needless to say im changing my res today

L

Lost

Interesting, The only thing keeping me from firing up recirc dwc is all the water at res change, Have you guys figured out a way to top off only?

And lost what are your thoughts on Shooting powder? I just added them to my 7 wk H&G Res's. I bag per 25 gallons. Whats the story on this stuff? First time on H&G the plants look great, 1 more res change and its flush time.

use one pack for 50 gallons untill your sure your babies will handle it. :)

D

Decisive

I'm using lucas formula (0-8-16), cal-mag, sm-90 and the fox farm soluble line, open sesame, beastie bloomz and cha ching. Seems to work quite well so far, no deficiencies or problems. I'd say i'm changing out the res once every 2 to 3 weeks, and only when my volume added back is over 100gals in a 200gals system.

M

mcattak

I'm using lucas formula (0-8-16), cal-mag, sm-90 and the fox farm soluble line, open sesame, beastie bloomz and cha ching. Seems to work quite well so far, no deficiencies or problems. I'd say i'm changing out the res once every 2 to 3 weeks, and only when my volume added back is over 100gals in a 200gals system.

Your girls are only drinking 100 gallons every 2 weeks...Are you running rdwc???How many girls???

Anybody know when to stop using sm-90 in the reservoir???

J

JoE_AnTiX77

how much water per plant is supposed to be eaten a week??

L

Lost

That would work. They way I do it is to add the r/o untill i have the volume of water I need then with my ppm pen, i check the nute level and just add nuff nutes to bring it up to the desired ppm.

M

mcattak

That would work. They way I do it is to add the r/o untill i have the volume of water I need then with my ppm pen, i check the nute level and just add nuff nutes to bring it up to the desired ppm.

Winner..

how much water per plant is supposed to be eaten a week??

Depends on how far along they are...I relpace 20 - 30 gallons a day...15 plants

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

I do it the same way as lost.
Mine are drinking 20 to 25 gal a day.
And I only top off with base nutes.
No addy's

Top Bottom