Another new guy and I’ve made mistakes!

• Thread starter RhCrusader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RhCrusader

So another new guy i posted in introducing thread and think I’m in the right place
Been lurking on here for awhile now and realized I’ve already made mistakes
Another new guy and ive made mistakes

First time indoors and from seed.
Backstory
I bought mirecle-gro potting mix
I raise nightcrawlers for walleye fishing
So I have worm castings/tea in coco coir
Mixed 70/30 potting/worm stuff
Tried to drown my seedlings
Anyhoo these are a week in the cup 1-2”
Also have more starters in paper towel and pretty sure two need to go in dirt
Other 3 just opening
I will try and keep posted and continue to lurk on this sights tons of info just like to get off with good start
Hopefully I get this right with pics
Thanks

Another new guy and ive made mistakes 2
Another new guy and ive made mistakes 3
Kernowbis

Kernowbis

I'd move your seedlings centrally under the light, they also seem to be stretching some so i'd raise them a little closer to the light, the starters in paper towels are over due to be put into soil, i'd even go as far as saying they may not survive, defo don't want to be seeing the cotyledons (starter leaves develop in the paper towel), but its all a learning curve and a fun one at that, look forward to seeing how they develope!

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I'd move your seedlings centrally under the light, they also seem to be stretching some so i'd raise them a little closer to the light, the starters in paper towels are over due to be put into soil, i'd even go as far as saying they may not survive, defo don't want to be seeing the cotyledons (starter leaves develop in the paper towel), but its all a learning curve and a fun one at that, look forward to seeing how they develope!
be careful of the light it's easy to cook them, can you take a better pic of them from the side to see height better? I think the paper towel seeds will make it as long as the paper towel didn't dry out. What seeds are you using(don't care about strain) but what breeder?

R

RhCrusader

I was worried about same falling over I’m at week one 2.5” now movin fast was thinking replant up higher on stem

Did not expect seeds to go so fast
Funny thing 2 of 5 germed so far been 5 days soaked for other 3 notta

Apple banana and strawberry ice all from local grow supply
Side deal is unknown watching for dudes local guy it’s his own clone seeds I have 2 outta five that took

Real concern is this dirt my worm farm stuff is all coco but full of shit
And rest is potting soil it won’t dry out
What should I use for transplant

761E016A CAC2 4384 879F F2EF6303DA37
86A485A7 DFBE 482D 9114 5CC0C3D464D4
E6A0E0E4 4C45 4C0B 92C2 EC8C259CD76A
2EB17E14 1323 4982 B101 37AA967CF046
988B43B0 6FE0 4B42 B7DA CB27BCE73244
Kernowbis

Kernowbis

I was worried about same falling over I’m at week one 2.5” now movin fast was thinking replant up higher on stem

Did not expect seeds to go so fast
Funny thing 2 of 5 germed so far been 5 days soaked for other 3 notta

Apple banana and strawberry ice all from local grow supply
Side deal is unknown watching for dudes local guy it’s his own clone seeds I have 2 outta five that took

Real concern is this dirt my worm farm stuff is all coco but full of shit
And rest is potting soil it won’t dry out
What should I use for transplant
I personally wouldn't transplant, there so small you'll end up damaging the roots, let em grow for a bit longer in what you have them, just as you've done putting the light on top was defo better, the'll reduce the stretch :)

R

RhCrusader

Thanks I did buy those and will deliver tomorrow along with 5 gallon fabric pots
Also switching over to pro mix and perlite
I did move one of the seedlings to a bigger pot and it seems to be doing a little better
Picked up this clone yesterday it’s Bahama berry pretty excited about it
I’m waiting till pots come in tomorrow so it can go straight into a 5 gal
The one I move is in the pro mix the perlite on top is some I cleaned up from a mess I made.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

RhCrusader

Also picked up pure blend pro grow
And Dyna-bro k-l-n rooting concentrate with plans to take some clones from the clone I just got.
Thanks again
I’m really spending a lot of time on this site and starting to learn my way around better
Love it!!!

R

RhCrusader

I noticed my pics didn’t show up like before the difference is I used phone camera instead of uploading them from the library
Any ideas what I did wrong
Thanks

Kernowbis

Kernowbis

I noticed my pics didn’t show up like before the difference is I used phone camera instead of uploading them from the library
Thanks
No idea I've never used a phone for these forums or others, unfortunately!

R

RhCrusader

This is a test trying to get this right
I wish I could edit this thread and get rid of pics that didn’t go through or should I start a new one

B6D4972F 8FB9 46E3 9A98 15F65B778F9D
Bilber

Bilber

Looks like you figured it out....

If not, I always goto my library.....

First go at it.......

Great choice swapping out the miracle grow.......

Looks great...

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Thanks
A staff member probably needs to help you. I had trouble with images recently and the problem was my new phone using a new image format. I am not recalling the name of the format. I only remember that it's a container type. It turned out that many programs don't recognize it yet. My solution was to change the default image format for my phone camera back to JPEG. So, that's my guess.

Edit: I just remembered the format is HEIC. (High Efficiency Image Container)

Last edited:
R

RhCrusader

A staff member probably needs to help you. I had trouble with images recently and the problem was my new phone using a new image format. I am not recalling the name of the format. I only remember that it's a container type. It turned out that many programs don't recognize it yet. My solution was to change the default image format for my phone camera back to JPEG. So, that's my guess.

Edit: I just remembered the format is HEIC. (High Efficiency Image Container)
Thanks I’ll look into that I’m still learning this site have countless hours reading still figuring out posting
I’m on another forum for fishing but no social media apps etc.

chad43764

chad43764

R

RhCrusader

Update today will take a minute as I have to many plants for a newbie on a super tight budget
7C5AA810 5D0E 4C55 B7B7 E1AB8571E849

Hopefully get better pics too
This is a 8’ x 11’ room Mylar on walls?
4 Menards $50 lights hopefully upgrade there as I say made mistakes
I believe I may be at a point that I need to do more training possibly trimming
Plan is to get some individual pics and hopefully get some input
I will start out with a clone I bought that was probably 15” tall when I got it
Actually got 4 clones from it as I transplanted to bigger pot.
Simple cut scrape a little and in cup of water but seemed to work
Thanks in advance for looking

Top Bottom