Another Newbie...to This Site

• Thread starter Magellan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The 'fan' leaves are solar panels, they're the drivers of the bus. When I say lollipop, I am being very specific to pinching off bud sites, that's it. Not leaves. If that girl is being grown outside then you don't even really *need* to be concerned about it, only for indoors really IMO/IME.

CharmCity915

CharmCity915

The hydro store guy has obviously never grown cannabis, doesnt know what he is talking about, or was just being a jerk.

Think of your stems as a freeway and your leaves, small side stems, and bud sites as the side streets with the water and nutrients being the traffic trying to reach its destination. With more side streets, less of the traffic reaches the top buds. i.e. some of the nutrients and water are used up b4 reaching the top bud sites that get the most light and need the most food.

Some strains need a certain amount of fan leaves per bud site to thrive but as long as you dont go edward scissor hands on the top fan and sugar leaves you can cut as much of the bottom larf that doesnt get good light as you want. Side lighting can make the larf into better buds.
I must say and I'm no expert but I misread when I first started growing so I would clip any leaf that wasn't holding any sugar candy and I believe that was a mistake.. They are the solar panels for my baby's. I'll never do that again. Its way to easy to tuck em back or under.. Anywhere besides clipping them

Magellan

Magellan

I move her outside into the sunshine when I can. Mostly that is just the weekends. During the week she is under a 300w LED. I think I left enough leafs on her that it shouldn't be a problem.

M

MamaBear

Very cool! I didn't know you could root a plain fan leaf. Thought they needed a piece of main stem to form roots from. THANKS!! Learn something new every day!!
Oh yeah - WELCOME TO THE FARM!!

Top Bottom