• Thread starter AnselAdams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
What causes the plant to do that? View attachment 1070289

Good Morning;

I would start by checking and keeping an eye on your ph. Should remain around 6.0 for this stage.

Second i would suspect an early mag def. Check your cal/mag level and balance. Ca should be twice mag.

Here is the guide I use to help me determine what I am seeing.

In particular I would take a look at this one:

Happy Growing 🍻 😎

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Candy Cane Update:
Original germination 17 Nov 2020.

Since my last update on Dec 4, the candy cane crop went to almost shit... no scratch that; total shit. Here are the two that did not just die out right.

1610249202844.png

Not sure what did the deed because all "looked" and tested good. Obviously, something was not. 😏

So I scrubbed everything and started 4 more on the 17 of Dec so we are at just about 3 weeks in. As usual, i took photos with and without flash.

Lets see if i can manage NOT to F these up....!

View attachment Jan 9.zip
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
The young'ns look really healthy!!

Thank You. I have changed up my starter mixture in the germ/seedling rez. I am currently using only the two item previously mentioned; containing Cal/Mag in a 2:1 ratio (cal/mag) and nitrogen. Oh, and hydroguard. The rez is chilled to a steady 70 degrees PH is 5.6. I have a two foot long "grow" light and an 18 inch T-5 for light.

The important part for this cycle is the now twice daily "watering" by using 5 mil from the rez for each plant. We started with one feeding every 24 hours and are now up to every 12 hours; so far so good, Roots are just now beginning to emerge from the sides of the net pots. 😎 🍻

Bean_Boy

Bean_Boy

Oh, I wanted to share something too. I had plants look droopy and had signs of K deficiency, and couldnt figure out why. It ended up being my ph pen giving false readings, even after calibrating. I'm still a rookie, but I wanted to share anyway. Looking great!!

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Oh, I wanted to share something too. I had plants look droopy and had signs of K deficiency, and couldnt figure out why. It ended up being my ph pen giving false readings, even after calibrating. I'm still a rookie, but I wanted to share anyway. Looking great!!

i have had the same experience. I ended up buying a couple of testing solutions so that i could double check the accuracy anytime i have doubts. Calibration solutions can be found on Amazon.

At least this will get me through the next harvest. 😃

Happy Farming 🍻 😎

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Candy Cane Update: Grow #9 Week #3

Still growing well. I started adding the PS Rootamania at the rate of 1 mil per gallon. There are three gallons in the germination system including the chiller.
Again only four plants, with & without flash. Maintaining PH 5.8-6.1 Temp is a steady 70 degrees.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

i have had the same experience. I ended up buying a couple of testing solutions so that i could double check the accuracy anytime i have doubts. Calibration solutions can be found on Amazon.

At least this will get me through the next harvest. 😃

Happy Farming 🍻 😎
Check out gemplers, they had different solutions on sale.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Candy Cane Update: Grow #9 Week #4
Reseeded 17 Dec 2020

Well today marks the one month mark into this grow. I must admit these seem to be doing a lot better than the last couple of grows. These are from a new order of seeds so maybe it is genetics.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Candy Cane Update: Grow #9 Week #4
Reseeded 17 Dec 2020

Ending week #5. Still looking healthy. I will be moving the largest two into their new home in the 40 gallon rez in the new 4x4 tent.

I am just going to keep on; keepin on. 😎 🍻

Top Bottom