Ansel Adams Hydro Adventures Journal

• Thread starter AnselAdams
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I highly recommend aspirin if it's possible, it's essentially like immune system steroids. I use it in feed and foliar.

Like, to the extent that I now imagine my plants talking to me in Hulk Hogan's voice. 😄

No Shit? Do you mean plain-o generic Wal-Mart / Dollar Store aspirin? 🤓 A couple per 5 gallon bucket each week?

B

Burned Haze

Apply aspirin (uncounted version )1 per gallon

basically if you don’t care about being organics it’s the white willow bark ( aspirin is cheaper so if your not organic that’s what I do )

Just grind the pills in some water , I use a food processor and it’s easy peezy

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Apply aspirin (uncounted version )1 per gallon

basically if you don’t care about being organics it’s the white willow bark ( aspirin is cheaper so if your not organic that’s what I do )

Just grind the pills in some water , I use a food processor and it’s easy peezy

Ok, so i went looking for something larger than 100 count uncoated 325mg aspirin and could only find "GeriCare" in lots of 1000. However everyplace that sells it, is out of stock. hhhhhhuuuummmmm wonder why? lol. ☺ Any suggestions on where they might be found? Or something similar? Going to have to be a volume purchase. I am running two 40 gallon rez'

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
I highly recommend aspirin if it's possible, it's essentially like immune system steroids. I use it in feed and foliar.

Like, to the extent that I now imagine my plants talking to me in Hulk Hogan's voice. 😄

Read a few lectures on the aspirin thing. If you combine chitosan oglisacharide (spelling?) and salicylic acid (aspirin) they act as a natural catalyst for each other and send stress hormones through the plant. It effectively tricks the plant into “thinking” it’s infested by bugs, boosting its natural immune system... also shown to increase trichromes, resin production, and overall thc percentage. I get mine on eBay for less than 20 bucks for 100 grams and use as a foliar
F8F712EF FF81 4CAB A3E9 D847A8E70457

links

B

Burned Haze

Custom hydro was selling gal version of the salicylic Acid , but they must be out of stock , check back later? Just wanted to give ya the suggestion for a source for the future r( super cheap and concentrated liquid version )
customhydronutrients.com/salicylic-acid-c-118_525

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Thanks! Pricing for the quantity looks good. Next question.... Doseage?

Peace 🍻 🥂 (still looking for that smoking joint icon)

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Found some, along with the code for adding to the site by the admin. Now who do we need to lobby to get them added to the site? ☺🥳 @logic?

1588528704384https://twitter.com/thetimeigothigh/status/552977478822936576

Codes for Smoking a Joint
To use the Smoking a Joint icon on forums, profiles, MySpace, etc use the following codes:
HTML Code:for MySpace, Bebo, profiles, blogs, etc.

Forum Code:for boards and forums

Terpz719

Terpz719

Custom hydro was selling gal version of the salicylic Acid , but they must be out of stock , check back later? Just wanted to give ya the suggestion for a source for the future r( super cheap and concentrated liquid version )
customhydronutrients.com/salicylic-acid-c-118_525
Yep. They are. Was looking for that at CHN a couple of days ago...

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I do 100mg per gallon, but you might have more success at other concentrations with a hydro setup.

@Aqua Man; @Burned Haze recommended 1 aspirin per gallon. Since the standard dosage for a standard aspirin appears to be 325mg; does it follow that i would use 325mg of the liquid form of salicylic Acid to achieve the same dosage?

@jaguarlax; That still leaves the dosing for the Chitosan oligosaccharide Powder to be worked out.

Thanks all. 🥂 🍻

Damn this shit is fun! 🤓

Terpz719

Terpz719

@Aqua Man; @Burned Haze recommended 1 aspirin per gallon. Since the standard dosage for a standard aspirin appears to be 325mg; does it follow that i would use 325mg of the liquid form of salicylic Acid to achieve the same dosage?

@jaguarlax; That still leaves the dosing for the Chitosan oligosaccharide Powder to be worked out.

Thanks all. 🥂 🍻

Damn this shit is fun! 🤓
I'd say highly unlikely. It would depend on the concentration of the solution.

B

Burned Haze

Thanks all. 🥂 🍻

Damn this shit is fun! 🤓

dosage rated based on concentration on product not fixed based of pill rate Concentration dosage

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter

Thanks all. 🥂 🍻

Damn this shit is fun! 🤓

I do 5g per gallon... I have seen a couple threads that suggest 10g per gallon but less is more when it comes to stuff like this imo

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I'd say highly unlikely. It would depend on the concentration of the solution.

D'oh! that makes sense. A solution can be a 3%, 5%, etc, So since the percentage of actual product dissolved in solution will actually determine the dosage. So that brings up another question. How do you work out repeated dosing and how do you recalculate if you have to change suppliers? Seems like a shitload of guess work.

🥂 🍻

Terpz719

Terpz719

D'oh! that makes sense. A solution can be a 3%, 5%, etc, So since the percentage of actual product dissolved in solution will actually determine the dosage. So that brings up another question. How do you work out repeated dosing and how do you recalculate if you have to change suppliers? Seems like a shitload of guess work.

🥂 🍻
Another consideration is that that aspirin is a different compound, with a different molecular weight, than salicylic acid. Kanzeon said he uses 100 mg of SA. Based on that, say you started with a 20% strength solution of SA. It might go like this, but I'm not sure because solutions and dilutions can be tricky for me. Hopefully others will weigh in.
100 mg = 0.1g
20% = 0.2
x = amount of 20% SA solution to use to get 100 mg of SA

0.1 = 0.2x
x = 0.1 / 0.2
x = 0.5g

So 0.5g of 20% solution yields 100 mg of SA. MAYBE... It might be easier to buy some aspirin.

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
Another consideration is that that aspirin is a different compound, with a different molecular weight, than salicylic acid. Kanzeon said he uses 100 mg of SA. Based on that, say you started with a 20% strength solution of SA. It might go like this, but I'm not sure because solutions and dilutions can be tricky for me. Hopefully others will weigh in.
100 mg = 0.1g
20% = 0.2

0.1 = 0.2x
x = 0.1 / 0.2
x = 0.5g

So 0.5g of 20% solution yields 100 mg of SA. MAYBE... It might be easier to buy some aspirin.

Thank You very much. My math skills are excellent; however my last chem class was 11th grade. A very long time ago... 😊 I am probably going to go with aspirin until i get a better understanding of what I'm F'n with.

Please keep the comments & suggestions coming. I will never understand if i don't learn from those who have already been down that road.

Thanks Again 🍻🥂

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

100 mg = 0.1g
20% = 0.2

0.1 = 0.2x
x = 0.1 / 0.2
x = 0.5g

I actually use crushed up 500mg aspirin pills, one per 5g bucket. I'll cut them into quarters and use one quarter (roughly 125 mg) per 1000mL with humic and fulvic acids and kelp extract as a foliar.

Last edited:
AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
So the dosage that keeps showing up in my research seems to be right around 100 mg per gallon as a "safe" level (Burned Haze was a bit higher unless he is using low-dose 81 mg tablets). Using that as "a general rule of thumb"; my 40 gallon rez will require 4000 mil per week / 325 mil per aspirin works out to 12 tablets crushed & dissolved in top-off water every week of flower (beginning week 4) x 2 (2 rez') is 24 tablets each week.

I finally found the brand in post #144 1000 ct @ 325mg (on Amazon of course... but it did take some digging)

I ordered two, that should cover approx 80 weeks of growing.

🥳 🍻

Top Bottom