Ants In Stalk

• Thread starter 123grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

123grow

What should i use to get rid of the ants on the stalk? They are coming out of a hole in the stalk and the hole was from a pull out branch. I haven't noticed the ants anywhere else.
Ants in stalk

william76

william76

Oh I thought the aphids were beneficial insects, all my knowledge comes from other people so I haven't experienced a lot of this stuff first hand:speechless:
No you definately dont want aphids,somebody(an outdoors grower)will chime in with an answer,iv no experience with ants,im indoors.somebody like @Seamaiden may be able to help,good luck.76

123grow

Grrrrrrr... I am still trying to research this Ant Problem/Not a Ant Problem and it doesn't take much to confuse me. (ha ha) I read that there a problem and then that there not a problem and then to use cinnamon, but what good is that since i water the plant everyday it would wash the cinnamon away. ?? AND NOW I HAVE A "MOLE" PROBLEM ALL AROUND "INSIDE" MY PLANT AREA UP TO THE STALKS. {amazing they are still growing good}.

xenon730

xenon730

Grrrrrrr... I am still trying to research this Ant Problem/Not a Ant Problem and it doesn't take much to confuse me. (ha ha) I read that there a problem and then that there not a problem and then to use cinnamon, but what good is that since i water the plant everyday it would wash the cinnamon away. ?? AND NOW I HAVE A "MOLE" PROBLEM ALL AROUND "INSIDE" MY PLANT AREA UP TO THE STALKS. {amazing they are still growing good}.
Spray them off and tape it shut.

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

Sugar water and borax is the best answer, if they are aphid ranchers.

Get you glass and examine the ants closely.
Look at the mouth parts, Carpenter ants have large, strong mandibles and will ignore the sugar water.
If you put a drop of isopropyl, (rubbing ) alcohol in it, and then plug the hole with putty, they will go elsewhere.

And then there's predator ants.
They, move fast, and have sharp, pointed mandible for seizing prey.
They actually hunt down and eat aphids.
We have them here, they were imported from south America to eat cane borers.
If you have them, count your blessings. But be aware, they are meat eaters and will take a bite out of you.

Aloha,
Wee 'zard

123grow

You ignored all the other good advice and go with pesticide? Lol.
NO... Im only asking because it was an argument i had with my dad on weather to use it or not. He said to use it and I say NO WAY. Thanks for the reply.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use home defense around my entire house and grow building. Have a carpenter any issue from a tree. Not effecting my.mj at all. Id ressomwnd using diatomeacous earth. Spread that around your plant, when some in the hole. Ants walk thru it and will die asap.

SpiderK

SpiderK

put some ( 100% aloe only ) in the wound and on the outside. i have only fixed torn limbs but try sticking oak twig in the opening should hold up no problem for another 4 weeks or so ... . something that will not decay and fall out ....

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Create a barrier around your plant with a pile of granule ant killer. Those ants will be going back and forth from the dirt to your plant. It will get them if they have to cross it.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

If the nest is in the plant (if), and you useant killer pellets or what not, and the ants bring back to the nest (your plant), would the plant also absorb the ant killer pesticide?

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I don't think that would be a problem they're probably in the ground. Besides if it they take some in there it will kill the queen. Doubt if they would take enough in there to hurt the plant.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Ants make their nests in soil preferably moist. The Nest is probably directly under your plant. Granules would be the best way to kill those suckers.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

They absolutely guarantee 100% Harvest aphids I have seen it with first-hand experience.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

They keep them captive down there and let their babies suck juice out of the aphids butts LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom