Ants In Stalk

• Thread starter 123grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xenon730

xenon730

I use home defense around my entire house and grow building. Have a carpenter any issue from a tree. Not effecting my.mj at all. Id ressomwnd using diatomeacous earth. Spread that around your plant, when some in the hole. Ants walk thru it and will die asap.

It is extremely toxic to bees. An U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) study found that 0.07 micrograms was enough to kill honey bees.[2] It is also extremely toxic to aquatic life with a study showing concentrations of 0.03 ppb killing mysid shrimp.[2] It has increased risk of liver cancer in rats and mice in long term exposure.[2] It is capable of killing mosquitoes,[3] although remains poisonous to cats and dogs, with seizures and deaths being reported due to poisoning.[2] Specific data on concentrations or exposure is lacking.

Phenothrin has been found to possess antiandrogen properties, and was responsible for a small epidemic of gynecomastia via isolated environmental exposure.[4][5]

Definitely not doing anything. That's one of the ingredients in home defense. ppb toxicity to aquatic life and bee toxicity would be enough for me, besides the gyno and cancer lol.

123grow

For the ant problem we cleaned the hole on the stalk with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol then put "NEW SKIN", a Liquid Bandage in the hole. The ants were on the stalk but the next day they were gone. No more ant problem and the plant is doing great. Thank you very much for all the suggestions on what to do. ~ Julie

123grow

This is Blue Dream and had some ants on stalk where a pull out branch was and used "New Skin" liquid bandage. Worked great so far and no more ants around. ( not saying it got rid of the ants but theres NO Ants in the hole or on the stalk any more. ~ Plant is 8 feet tall and about 8 feet around. ~ Happy growing, Julie

20170819 145307
20170819 144822
MrChemovar

MrChemovar

I’m having an ant infested garden bed indoors.... about to harvest some of the plants this week but others are in the room flowering now as well. So far after reading the comments I’m thinking about picking up some cinnamon and laying a layer around the bed and then fill a jar with borax and sugar water, they might have a nest in the garden bed. what would be the best way to kill them without harming the plants?

BigCube

BigCube

What is your thoughts on using.. I think its called, Home Defense? ? It's a bug spray you spray around your house for bugs?

It's called a home defender. 12g semi auto. Would make short work of those ants! And the plant 🤣

Top Bottom