Any Brewer's Here??

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Funny how most beer drinkers drink absolute swill, Bud lite, Coors, no body or flavor...

I love the rich full taste of a quality home brew.
Back in the day my friend made incredible home brew 3.5 gallon kegs with co2 set up.
Could easily polish off couple of those off in a day or two...
Had cut myself off, 13 years. not a drop.
So have one for me and enjoy.......
Cheers....

Coir

Coir

I brewed my own for around 20 years. Great "hobby" except for the fact that I tend to turn hobbies into obsessions and get a little carried away. When I stopped, I had 3 fridges in the garage for fermentation, aging, and serving. It was so nice to be able to come home to what I felt was the best beer I had ever tasted and grab a quick pint from the tap. The problem is that one pint becomes 2, etc, and then no more work gets done for the day. That and the fact that a single pint pretty much had an entire days calories in it. I ended up selling my entire setup to a young guy that was just starting out for a great price. He couldn't afford to get started the right way and I wanted to see someone put all that gear to good use.
I do have regrets about selling everything at times especially when I break down and buy a $10 6 pack. The good part of it is that I am about 30lbs lighter than when the kegs were always full just outside the back door.....
For anyone that wants a few good all grain recipes, I'm sure I can find them somewhere in the office. Once you start making all grain, you will never go back to extract brewing again.

DismalDude

DismalDude

I go to see the girls this week.I'll get some info.I've been buying Sierra Nevada Torpedos and Ruthless.Damn that shits expensive here.$17 a 12 pack...

Delerium

Delerium

I brewed my own for around 20 years. Great "hobby" except for the fact that I tend to turn hobbies into obsessions and get a little carried away. When I stopped, I had 3 fridges in the garage for fermentation, aging, and serving. It was so nice to be able to come home to what I felt was the best beer I had ever tasted and grab a quick pint from the tap. The problem is that one pint becomes 2, etc, and then no more work gets done for the day. That and the fact that a single pint pretty much had an entire days calories in it. I ended up selling my entire setup to a young guy that was just starting out for a great price. He couldn't afford to get started the right way and I wanted to see someone put all that gear to good use.
I do have regrets about selling everything at times especially when I break down and buy a $10 6 pack. The good part of it is that I am about 30lbs lighter than when the kegs were always full just outside the back door.....
For anyone that wants a few good all grain recipes, I'm sure I can find them somewhere in the office. Once you start making all grain, you will never go back to extract brewing again.
I go to see the girls this week.I'll get some info.I've been buying Sierra Nevada Torpedos and Ruthless.Damn that shits expensive here.$17 a 12 pack...

Oh yeah anything worthwhile is at least 10 a six, those I keep in the vegetable drawer and leave the PBR's on the top shelf for my buddies that don't know or care about the difference. :stop:
I was hoping I could use my water chiller for the harden and let it do double duty as a wort chiller.

Latest posts

Top Bottom