Any gamers in here?

• Thread starter DismalDude
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DismalDude

DismalDude

I've been an online gamer since 99,strictly PC fps games.I found an interesting MMO 3 years ago and got immersed in that(lotro)until they just changed it too much.I haven't gamed in over a year now and pretty much decided it was over for me because I couldn't find anything interesting to me and that includes many,many betas I had been invited to and tried.
So last weekend I heard they were having an open beta of Archeage.It was raining,I was bored,so I downloaded it and set out to see what it was about.
Man oh man,I haven't been so immersed in a game in so long it made me feel giddy.
I will be joining the founder ranks and setting sail in this game in 2 days.The game will be free to play starting the 16th which is also another facet of the game that makes it awesome.
For those that worry about pay to win,have no fear,they've really smashed the mold making this gem of a game.Anyway,just thought I'd share in case there are any gamers looking for something new and awesome!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Used to love gaming.. Started off PC games when i was like 5 with a commodore 64... then the Nes.. Snes..Dreamcast..Ps2.. Xbox 1 modded.. Xbox 360 Flash modded.. and then my hand/wrist decided no more gaming for me :(

That and trying to play a game on a laptop suckkkkkkkkks!

But i do miss games like Elder Srolls.. FPS like cod of course lol.. pretty much anything cept for racing games.. w/ the one exception of almost every need for speed game. Those kicked ass.

DismalDude

DismalDude

I hear you LittleDabbie.I also have nerve damage to wrist/hands but I find I can play this for quite awhile as it's not about the twitch factor. ;)
If you liked Elder Scrolls,which I loved,this game will absolutely blow you away.I haven't been excited about a game in a looooong time. :)

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah your excitement about the game just makes me not wanna peak at it since i cant play lol Litterally pos laptop and believe me i want a xbox one SOOOOOOOO bad but i know just 20-30 mins a day of playing would have my wirst in more pain and perhaps more damage then needed. :((

I shall live vicariously thru you and your future gaming :D

Rosenberg

Rosenberg

I used to play Playstation. Long time ago now. Never got into PC gaming, not sure why. I figure you probably need a crazy good graphics card and I'm doubtful that whatever I have in my PC probably isn't good enough...though I have no idea TBH, I'm not an IT person.

Can anyone recommend any 1st person shooters, or adventure type games (like Tomb Raider) that can be played on PC without having some special gaming computer?

DismalDude

DismalDude

The thing that really sets gaming PC's apart is the video card.A cheapo PC can run a great card as long as it has a PCI express slot and the room to fit it in the tower,along with the right power supply.Both are fairly inexpensive and must have upgrades.
There's a fairly good card on sale right now at Newegg,HD7800,for $129.I got the Double D Black edition of the HD7800 almost 2 years ago for $229 and it's still a kickass card.It will run anything and most on high.
Archeage head start starts tomorrow for founders!I am pumped! :)

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Been enjoying Destiny. I'm usually around a 3 k/d on fps games, but keeping over a 2 has been a struggle so far.

Same here, pretty amazing game. I've only got a few hours invested but its fun as hell. I'm pretty sucky at MP but I need a mouse and keyboard for FPS's. Im a old school pc gamer. CS, quake, unreal tournament and so on... I good spot in my heart for video games; all kinds.

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

MMO stands for mass multiplayer online

FPS is first person shooter

RPG is role playing game

MrBanjo

MrBanjo

Destiny, the game that just came out is sort of blending the experience.

Top Bottom