Any idea what is wrong with my plants?

• Thread starter sandc4fun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sandc4fun

sandc4fun

No they are in roughly 2 gallon pots from day 1. Thought autoflowers weren't supposed to be transplanted due to their short growth period.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
my advice just let them grow keep up a wet/dry cycle, watch as they get bigger, if anything seems wrong than get back on here or just show us daily photos..
are they in solo cups?
they will need a transplant soon if so, maybe a picture from the side.
you might want to try fabric bags?
see what others think too..
mmm, i haven’t used fox farm grow big, but i don’t think there’s calcium in it? your plants might/could use some..
i’d wait for someone who knows that stuff, otherwise looking good, no need to panick..

sandc4fun

sandc4fun

Okay, thanks again. First grow, have already messed it up and don't want to make it worse!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just tossing this out... kinda looks like light burn/bleaching in addition to the other issues I think you got great advice on.

It could be nutes but just worth a look at.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Just tossing this out... kinda looks like light burn/bleaching in addition to the other issues I think you got great advice on.

It could be nutes but just worth a look at.
+1 on that one, i forgot.. as you see very faint marks on the new growth.,
either some calcium or light,
probably should give us a photo of the plants in/with their environment.,

sandc4fun

sandc4fun

Okay, will go take a pic, but.... try not to laugh, it is a bit embarrassing! It is our first grow... so complete newbies here and without a great set-up.

Here's the set-up:

Set-up in a closet
2 boxes stacked together with reflective surface on bottom sides and foil on top sides.
Fan added to top of box (inset) (green cardboard, directing flow down)
2 CFL lamps and a very small LED - 4 strip
Cellophane on top to try and keep humidity in.

We were actually worried the lights weren't enough. So we have 2 three way socket(s) and different bulbs coming early next week, a couple of 2700K and a couple of 6500K. The ones in there are currently 40 or 45 watt 5500K (I think).

We have been able to keep the temperature in 72-77, humidity has been a problem (20-30%), so we bought a small humidifier to go in the box. Too small to make any difference.

IMG 0684
IMG 0685
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, try a photo from the side with door open obviously, a side view..
we just fix one issue at a time..

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
That is is “hot” soil your running. Some of the fox farm soil is too loaded for smaller plants.
tough call for what to do next as your dealing with autoflowers. Any stress to them means shit harvest. I would add cal mag to the next watering

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Either way I would flush the hell out of them on the next water.

Mr.G

sandc4fun

sandc4fun

1/8 tsp of Fox Farms Grow big in a gallon of water (it was high PH -8). They got 1 cup each on 12/20/2020.
1/4 tsp of Fox Farms Grow big per gallon, again it was high PH. They got 1/3 cup each on 12/24/2020.

Each time I made the mix fresh, I dump whatever is left over.

EPSOM mixed 1/2 tsp in 24 oz water with balanced PH 6.5 water foliage spray 12/29/2020.

No water until today, and just a little - PH 6.0.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
organic soil should have ph buffers, no need to stress it out with a flush, especially now.
one thing at a time.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I would and have flushed organic soil. I consult for growers, you wouldn’t believe the types of fertilizer I have seen used on organic soil.

in this growers case. Given the nutrients fed It’s still the ph issue. The soil probably has high ph. And watering with high ph. Hmm.

Top Bottom