Any idea what is wrong with my plants?

• Thread starter sandc4fun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I would and have flushed organic soil. I consult for growers, you wouldn’t believe the types of fertilizer I have seen used on organic soil.

in this growers case. Given the nutrients fed It’s still the ph issue. The soil probably has high ph. And watering with high ph. Hmm.
ok, i think they got that on track now, so we’ll see if it fixes it, just have to give it a day or two, no need to compound mistakes if so,
i could be wrong, i’d hope someone would chime in and say so.
they are looking better though something else is going on, it’s a young plant and you need to be gentle when dealing with their roots, as in overwatering, flushing, too much nutrients, hot, cold... etc

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
ok, i think they got that on track now, so we’ll see if it fixes it, just have to give it a day or two, no need to compound mistakes if so,
i could be wrong, i’d hope someone would chime in and say so.
they are looking better though something else is going on, it’s a young plant and you need to be gentle when dealing with their roots, as in overwatering, flushing, too much nutrients, hot, cold... etc
Autoflowers are not for beginners. I know they sell them as a simple grow, but with the PH issues this grower is facing, they will be stressed going into flower and produce sad results.
Autoflowers provide little time to make corrections!!

Mr. G

amekins

amekins

Okay, will go take a pic, but.... try not to laugh, it is a bit embarrassing! It is our first grow... so complete newbies here and without a great set-up.

Here's the set-up:

Set-up in a closet
2 boxes stacked together with reflective surface on bottom sides and foil on top sides.
Fan added to top of box (inset) (green cardboard, directing flow down)
2 CFL lamps and a very small LED - 4 strip
Cellophane on top to try and keep humidity in.

We were actually worried the lights weren't enough. So we have 2 three way socket(s) and different bulbs coming early next week, a couple of 2700K and a couple of 6500K. The ones in there are currently 40 or 45 watt 5500K (I think).

We have been able to keep the temperature in 72-77, humidity has been a problem (20-30%), so we bought a small humidifier to go in the box. Too small to make any difference.
You’ll fit in just fine with that setup. You are open and figure shit out. Good on you! Most folks here are super helpful and knowledgeable.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would and have flushed organic soil. I consult for growers, you wouldn’t believe the types of fertilizer I have seen used on organic soil.

in this growers case. Given the nutrients fed It’s still the ph issue. The soil probably has high ph. And watering with high ph. Hmm.
I agree if its fertilizer been added... but if you have a bag of say ffof you only washing nutrients out of the soil and usually see a deficiency after. Unless adding more ferts.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Okay, will go take a pic, but.... try not to laugh, it is a bit embarrassing! It is our first grow... so complete newbies here and without a great set-up.

Here's the set-up:

Set-up in a closet
2 boxes stacked together with reflective surface on bottom sides and foil on top sides.
Fan added to top of box (inset) (green cardboard, directing flow down)
2 CFL lamps and a very small LED - 4 strip
Cellophane on top to try and keep humidity in.

We were actually worried the lights weren't enough. So we have 2 three way socket(s) and different bulbs coming early next week, a couple of 2700K and a couple of 6500K. The ones in there are currently 40 or 45 watt 5500K (I think).

We have been able to keep the temperature in 72-77, humidity has been a problem (20-30%), so we bought a small humidifier to go in the box. Too small to make any difference.

You want to increase humidity? @amekins turn him onto the fogger/humidity device you got.....i like it!
Seems to be working for amekins last i seen anyways....

amekins

amekins

You want to increase humidity? @amekins turn him onto the fogger/humidity device you got.....i like it!
Seems to be working for amekins last i seen anyways....
And then I cleaned it and apparently screwed it up somehow. And so, the tent is currently running much drier than optimal until the new one arrives Monday. Currently, I’ve got a microfiber clothing wet almost to dripping and then hang it in the tent front pole that one of the fans blows warmer air on. It helps. Before the tent, the trash bag and painters tape setup was far less sophisticated than what’s here lol.

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

And then I cleaned it and apparently screwed it up somehow. And so, the tent is currently running much drier than optimal until the new one arrives Monday. Currently, I’ve got a microfiber clothing wet almost to dripping and then hang it in the tent front pole that one of the fans blows warmer air on. It helps. Before the tent, the trash bag and painters tape setup was far less sophisticated than what’s here lol.

Get a spray bottle mist the spray that should help...i actually thought of a new invention because of this issue....i dont want to talk about it...its 2 parts one is already on the market..essentially its a redesign of an exsisting "simple" form of technology used everyday and ive looked for these on the market and im not seeing them in the way i want to redesign them....ive gotba really cool idea going on in my head right now....im honestly seeing dollar signs...but, ill bet i got my hopes up to high

PK1

PK1

Supporter
5. What is your soil mix? Black Gold Natural Organic

7. What is the pH of your water? 7.4
8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? Fox Farm Grow Bug 6-4-4

14. What is the pH of the soil? I don't know
15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? A fruit fly looking bug (1 or2)

Any help would be appreciated.

5 -
  • Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
  • Composted or Aged Bark
  • Bark and/or Other Forest Products
  • Bark
  • Compost
  • Sun-Coir
  • Earthworm Castings
  • RESiLIENCE®
  • Seafood & Shrimp Meal Compost
  • Coconut Coir
  • Dolomite Lime

7- Do you adjust ph after your nutrients are added?
8- looking at number 5 your soil is loaded and you shouldn't have to feed until your soil is blend.
14- You can perform a slurry soil test and find out what the ph or ppm is.
15- Fruit fly?>? makes me think your grow area is not clean>?

I get my readings wrong but i think you have a early and mid stage (mg) Magnesium deficiency or (Ca) Calcium . I also notice tip burns and that indicates to much nitrogen.
I don't know your soil or nutrient but maybe @Aqua Man can help ya out.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

5 -
  • Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
  • Composted or Aged Bark
  • Bark and/or Other Forest Products
  • Bark
  • Compost
  • Sun-Coir
  • Earthworm Castings
  • RESiLIENCE®
  • Seafood & Shrimp Meal Compost
  • Coconut Coir
  • Dolomite Lime

7- Do you adjust ph after your nutrients are added?
8- looking at number 5 your soil is loaded and you shouldn't have to feed until your soil is blend.
14- You can perform a slurry soil test and find out what the ph or ppm is.
15- Fruit fly?>? makes me think your grow area is not clean>?

I get my readings wrong but i think you have a early and mid stage mg deficiency. I also notice tip burns and that indicates to much nitrogen.
I don't know your soil or nutrient but maybe @Aqua Man can help ya out.
I'm organically challenged but excess calcium can cause tip burn that looks much like nitrogen toxicity but without the claw. Light burn can also appear like that at first.

The pattern of bleaching around the edges could kinda look like potassium deficiency but he is not getting the scorching that comes along with that.

I think there is a watering issue and possibly nutrient isaue but I feel the damage is light related.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I'm organically challenged but excess calcium can cause tip burn that looks much like nitrogen toxicity but without the claw. Light burn can also appear like that at first.

The pattern of bleaching around the edges could kinda look like potassium deficiency but he is not getting the scorching that comes along with that.

I think there is a watering issue and possibly nutrient isaue but I feel the damage is light related.

ya, the damage is definitely light. lol, told you, i never get my readings right.
Here is a funny storey that happen to my friend today! He went into a spencery and noticed their selling beans. So, he asked how do i grow it and he said you just drop it in soil and feed this to it. 😂😂🍻

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

ya, the damage is definitely light. lol, told you, i never get my readings right.
Here is a funny storey that happen to my friend today! He went into a spencery and noticed their selling beans. So, he asked how do i grow it and he said you just drop it in soil and feed this to it. 😂😂🍻
Lmao have to live those guys... especially the ones that hand ya 30 bottles

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Look at the second photo under the ghetto humidity dome. Top plant does have the scorching that reminds me of K def.

Rooke

Rooke

Just tossing this out... kinda looks like light burn/bleaching in addition to the other issues I think you got great advice on.

It could be nutes but just worth a look at.
Hey there without looking this up again you mentioned that your rh was in the low 30’s? I would increase it if you can plants at this stage love humidity get it up to 60 ish if you can. Your plants will love it bro

Rooke

Rooke

Hey there without looking this up again you mentioned that your rh was in the low 30’s? I would increase it if you can plants at this stage love humidity get it up to 60 ish if you can. Your plants will love it bro
ahhhhis read you have a humidifier coming perfect and improvise in the meantime with pail of water a broom handle and towels wicking up the water it works!!

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

Looks to me that the plant is getting to much light. Try moving the lights up higher (or dimming them back)….and be careful to not overwater to compensate as this will complicate your issues.

sandc4fun

sandc4fun

Good morning. Daily pictures and stat's.... First, we moved the CFL lights up to 6" above canopy. We are running 2 45W / 5500K CFL's and we pulled the LED completely.

The plant in the large (white pot) is still looking a little sick. It didn't grow at all yesterday. Soil still pretty dry. So we are experimenting and watered with PH 6 enough to get soil damp, but didn't have any run off. It is 6 1/2" at 3 weeks 2 days old. Since we don't have another similar pot, we are having to go with the feeling the weight method and tracking it's weight. (first 2 pictures)

"Stubby" - This has always been our smallest plant, height wise.... well not anymore! Yesterday she was 6 1/2" today she is 7 1/2" tall. Thinking no water for her today, but a good watering tomorrow with balanced PH 6.0. Dry pot (with no plant) weighs 1.11... today she weighs 2.1. (middle 2 pictures)

Last but not least is "Med back" - This has been our strongest (okay, I know that is a stretch with all our problems). Yesterday she was 7" today she is 8" tall. With this one again thinking no water for her today, but a good watering tomorrow with balanced PH 6.0. Dry pot (with no plant) weighs 1.11... today she weighs 2.1. (last 2 pictures)

We have the humidifier in, but it really doesn't do anything. Can't put a broom handle and bucket as our "ghetto" - I laughed my ass off over that one! set up is TINY, we can barely fit our 3 Lowryders in it. lol Oh well, ya work with what ya got!

Today I took top and side pictures of all of them. Please keep the comments coming we are appreciating the help not to mention the entertainment value!

IMG 0686
IMG 0687
IMG 0688
IMG 0689
IMG 0690
IMG 0691
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, thanks for those pictures, good the watering thing is going well, so now the fading leaf marks. mmm let me think about this before jumping to conclusions.,

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, probably a magnesium deficiency caused by overwatering which threw off your ph.
the buffers in the soil probably couldn’t handle it. it may work itself out,
maybe google it, get some info as you know what has been happening with your plants,
probably a flush and a reset.
though i’d try to avoid that,
let’s wait and see what other ideas are for you,

Top Bottom