Any one having their strains tested care to tell us what nutes your using??

• Thread starter willy led wonka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

willy led wonka

With all of the discussions about nutrients on the farm it seem like we are getting to the point of splitting hairs between whats working for farmers. My question for you all in states where you can have your products tested. What nutes are you all using to get the highest quality medine. As far as the highest in thc and cbds, etc. Im really hoping to find farmers who have the meds tested to answer this question. Im not looking for the pissing match on which nutes work best......just the scientific facts on what nute line or lines produce the highest quality of meds----Inside in hydro, soilless or dirt. Thank you guys for those willing to let us in on the result where good or bad. Im not in a state where i can have things tested or i wouldnt be asking this question. I would provide some sort of answer. After all,,,,this type of testing is the ultimate measuring stick to answer alot of questions we farmers have. Thank you again to guys willing to provide this information----if its even out there. But what better place to ask than here. Wonka

W

willy led wonka

After several days now i figured i would have had at least one farmer or dispensary give us some insight. After all, with steep hill accessible to alot of farmers doesnt it seem like that would be an indicator of how well a strain measures in thc, cbds and so forth. That would/could/should/ possibly let us all in on what nutrients given optimum plant conditions would produce the best medicine --maximizing any strains potential, not only thru lighting but nutrients as well. I have seen in one of the forums where someone had their meds tested and the leds meds tested 2-3% higher. I dont personally know this for fact. If they can determine this much, then we should be able to findout which brand is the best for the cause. NOT what you or i think, but the lab tested results. Surely someone on here is as OCD as me...lol. I dont have access to the lab testing or i would start doing this for my own benefit. To see where my money is best being spent or "wasted". Just thinking to much this morning..lol

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

no ones responded because there is no single nute line thats going to produce the "best" meds. ive proved time and time again, yes through testing, there is no magic bullet.

get your enviroment dialed. nutes and soil activity are part of that equation for sure, its all a balance. happy plants=great meds.

i've used almost every line out there. you can get any base dialed, just takes time. there's just so much more to it.

i will say one thing about nutes and testing though. a lot of silica can bring your numbers down depending on the method used.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

What I saw last year in Mt was that if you use chem nutes without a flush the medicine would always test higher, regardless of the strain. I will ask my gas chrometagrapher buddy, but from what I remember nothing organic tested higher than 20% thc, nor did anything with a proper flush test that high either. All purple varieties tested low on all counts, which showed flaws to us in the testing. That is another topic altogether, the testing getting done is at a very early level and there should be much more to be learned in the future. Also, one thing I noticed was that the stuff that did test over 20% really did not do "it" for me, I guess there are just some compounds that are important but unfounded.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

no offense but that simply is just not true.

your "GC" buddy was very new to the process and methodology at the time, still is. this was just a theory of his but never proven. there are plenty of folks in CA and the netherlands with tons of experience with GC's, HPLC's who would not back those statements up. i have proven otherwise since he made those claims on that very same gc.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

no offense but that simply is just not true.

your "GC" buddy was very new to the process and methodology at the time, still is. this was just a theory of his but never proven. there are plenty of folks in CA and the netherlands with tons of experience with GC's, HPLC's who would not back those statements up. i have proven otherwise since he made those claims on that very same gc.

Absolutely no offense taken, I am very new to this too as we all kind of are I think. So are we speaking of Montana Botanical Analysis? If so very interesting as I have not been able to do any testing for a year. How are your results coming back for you? I am very interested, also have you tested any purps?

W

willy led wonka

i realize there's no- "one" best nutrient out there. I am curious to know what the guys having their strains tested are using. I realize there are alot of "X" factors that go into this....hence the short story above. It may or may not let us in on what works best for different strains, i dont know but i thought this would be a good topic for discussion rather than what "snake oil" people use to grow with. The "eye" test shouldnt be any kinda of standard---nor should a bunch of patients do a blind test.lol. There's to much scientific research being done today. After all,,,someone was able to figure out that bushmaster, gravity and some other products arent quite what we thought they were and weren't good for medical patients. Reggie maybe...lol. But not for seriously ill patients. I agree with dankworth in the fact its all about the terpenes. Oompa times in your garden--Wonka

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I have a good buddy who is really into this testing, he just returned from Holland where he has been working with Bedroccan for the last month with some major breeders and scientists. He has a plethora of information at the time and will actually be at my house later today and I will grill him for all available information. We started to talk about it last night and he was talking about the big movement in terpene profiling, which sounds like progress in the right area. He said they (bedroccan) have these diagrams that are separating the major strains and their relatives and figuring out terpene profiling. Great question Wonka.......I hope more farmers chime in! Testing and further scientific studies of cannabis is obviously the future of mmj, imo.

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

it's all just a funny coincidence sanvanalona. i just returned from bedrocan 10 days ago.

terpenes are the next big phase thats for sure but i'm still convinced theres a lot more to it. over 100 cannabinoids have been identified so far. so many combos and ratios of cannabinoids and terpenes depending on genetics its mind boggling.

on top of that there's the human part of the equation too. what works for some doesnt always work the same for others. so now there's a genetic aspect on that front also. once again so many combos and ratios at play locking and unlocking different aspects of the bodies endocannabinoid system.

we've only begun to scratch the surface of this miraculous plant imo. it's freakin cool!!!

wonka, good point on the standardization. takes time but thats the only way to get acurate reults on any test/research

shit i need to burn one after this babble. mmmm terpenes.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

it's all just a funny coincidence sanvanalona. i just returned from bedrocan 10 days ago.

terpenes are the next big phase thats for sure but i'm still convinced theres a lot more to it. over 100 cannabinoids have been identified so far. so many combos and ratios of cannabinoids and terpenes depending on genetics its mind boggling.

on top of that there's the human part of the equation too. what works for some doesnt always work the same for others. so now there's a genetic aspect on that front also. once again so many combos and ratios at play locking and unlocking different aspects of the bodies endocannabinoid system.

we've only begun to scratch the surface of this miraculous plant imo. it's freakin cool!!!

wonka, good point on the standardization. takes time but thats the only way to get acurate reults on any test/research

shit i need to burn one after this babble. mmmm terpenes.

Well shit, looks like we are just one degree of separation away!!!!!HAHA. I could not agree with what you said more, I have said many of the same things to the chemists that I have met. I would love to hear more about what you think, any opinions on purps? Purps and purp dominate crosses such as silver tip had great results with patients that suffer from chrons disease and other major intestinal issues, yet it tests so darn low. I cannot wait to see what else comes out of all of this. Can you tell me any of the results that you have noticed? Are you able to break the 22% thc threshold with organic nutes? Sorry I probably have way too many questions for you, obviously this subject has my curiosity boiling!

dankworth

dankworth

Material produced under a horti blue mh are far more medically effective than ones produced under any other lighting I have tried.
Venture's Natural White line of metal halides duplicates this spectrum for less money with a longer lifespan. But no 1k lamps in this.

hortilux%20blue%20spectrum%20best.jpg

NW-spectrum.gif

W

willy led wonka

i was beginning to wonder if i was the only one that thinks a project like this is worth looking into? I hope we all can learn some more from this thread. Thanks to all you have replied so far. Wonka

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

i was beginning to wonder if i was the only one that thinks a project like this is worth looking into? I hope we all can learn some more from this thread. Thanks to all you have replied so far. Wonka
I think it's definitely worth looking into, although I think atm it is equivalent to learning to do cartwheels, before you've learned to walk. We need to do more tests w/ just these strains and actually have geno/pheno mapping so we can tell it's the same strain, before we try to test this strain with X/Y nutes. For example what if we both have a "blueberry" but there's so many we might not have the same cut, then me saying I use this nute and it gave me this result on blueberry strain wouldn't be accurate w/o making sure we have the same plant genetically imo. Although if your the one running the side by side on nutes w/ a single strain, and you have the money to get them both tested. I say go for it bro, more power to you! I'd love to see the results.

Top Bottom